Mike Tyson

Thoughts on Tyson's acting career?

also
>There are people right here, right now who really thinks that Bruce lee or Ali could beat Prime Tyson (Pre: 1989)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=51090bGcoR8
scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/
sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/how-reliable-eyewitness-testimony-scientists-weigh
agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue One/fisher&tversky.htm
apa.org/monitor/apr06/eyewitness.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=84F9DtNAA-E
lmgtfy.com/?q=Bruce Lee life
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Martial_arts_career
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His cartoon is pretty funny.

Most overrated boxer ever. Prime Ali, Foreman, Holyfield, Lewis and Vitali would make him quit on his stool.

prime Tyson beats the shit out of prime Ali. Ali wins only if he manages to bring it to the late rounds, which is unlikely.

Tyson is very overrated, but Prime Tyson is literally one of the most underrated

Bruce Lee was really something else, though. He could possibly get in a kick to the knee or something like that before Mike could get in and pummel him to death

>Bruce Lee was really something else, though

Yeah, was a good actor.

You do know that most of his feats are over exaggerated by his estate right?

>Prime Tyson is literally one of the most underrated

It was not hard to out box a prime Tyson. Lots of guys could do it. He was a professional brawler with a team of good trainers

Ali would get under that front running can crusher's skin so much. Guy folded when fucking Buster Douglas stood up to him.

>It was not hard to out box a prime Tyson
Maybe in a modern olympic boxing scenario
In a professional fight he was the absolute best

I disagree, Prime Tyson had the hand speed and the foot work so perfectly, not to mention D'amato and Rooney coaching, which was pretty top notch.

But I must also say that Tyson is a dumb fuck for leaving the D'amato stable for pussy

He was a professional martial artist before he was an actor, and he was an outstanding one. And if you actually knew anything about his life, you'd already know that. He was the world's very best in a long, long time. No doubt whatsoever. Everybody he's ever met has said more or less the same, many of them on camera.

>Guy who didnt train at all for the fight high on sex and drugs
vs
>Guy grieving for the death of his mother

Tyson had everything to lose and Buster had nothing to lose

>Tyson is a dumb fuck

Probably his biggest weakness as a fighter, lol

his record tells a different story tho

jesus christ

This is what lee fags actually believe

Not an argument

it was always hubris

Tyson always had a weak heart for the sport, he had the talent but not the fire, he may have had it once or twice but it quickly got lost the moment he started to get fame, then here comes Don King whispering shit to Tyson like sheev on Anakin about how hes surrounded by white people and that hes their slave and shit

come to think about it, Anakin and Tyson have a whole lot of things in common

>Kid found by a legendary trainer (D'amato/Qui Gon) in a shithole
>trainer finds extreme potential from the kid and is brought along them
>trainer dies too early and kid is left to the care of the 2nd in charge (Rooney/Obi-Wan)
>2nd in charge is as good as legendary trainer but Kid wont listen
>Kid starts falling in love
>girls gets 'pregnant'
>kid is seduces to the dark side by a guy with a wierd hairstyle
>Kid tells 2nd in charge to fuck himself and joins Sheev
>Kid falls

show me proof of his actual fights without sparring gear against a competent fighter

Lee was only good for exhibitions and cameras

>all thesepeople thinking ANYONE could beat prime Tyson ITT

youtube.com/watch?v=51090bGcoR8

fuck off, I can understand why people would latch on the idea of Prime Tyson and suck his dick

but you can't disagree that his greatest enemy was himself, fuck him, had the potential to be one of the best and threw it out to the gutter

>what is height/reach advantage and mental toughness

but his fighting style mad his opponent's longer arm reach and height a disadvantage, he wasnt doing regular peekaboo, he was doing d'amato peekaboo that 'hopped' to the sides of his opponents, sucks that this was short lived though

Tyson wasbeating lanklets half a foot taller than him, what's your point?

The kind of retards who think Tyson was GOAT are basing it on some youtube highlight reels. He looked great against bums but got his ass handed to him by anyone decent.
Even someone like Klitschko would have destroyed Tyson.

>reach advantage

Tyson's style was to get rid of the opponent's reach "advantage" by slipping/weaving inside.

You'd know that if you actually watched his fights.

>everyone tyson beat are all immediately bums, everyone tyson lost to were all decent and the greatest boxers of all time

>The world champion of competitive martial arts had no doubts that Lee would beat him easily
>Lee embarrassed a well reknown Chinese master in a sparring match
>As a youth Lee would practice his martial arts by picking fights with strangers on the street

>people actually thinking Wlad would win against a prime raging Tyson

top fucking kek, just put one of boxing's weakest chins against one of boxing's greteast strikers

that only worked against mediocre opponents

Lennox Lewis beat the brakes off him and he would've done it against any version of Tyson

so wheres the proof user? just more greentext? Ali also admitted that Tyson would have beat him in a fight

so all of this were hearsays?

>Tyson lost to Douglas
>Douglas was a d tier version of Ali
>HURR TYSON WOULD SMASH ALI

Wlad wouldn't, but Vitali could

but Lewis fought a weaker Tyson who dropped his bob and weaves in favor of more muscle mass

>got his ass handed to him by anyone decent.

Berbick was a world class boxer.

>Even someone like Klitschko would have destroyed Tyson.
Klitschko would beat Tyson. He's 9" taller, 30lbs heavier, and has 3ft of reach on tyson. Even prime Tyson would get destroyed.

Why don't most women appreciate boxing?
I feel like only guys "get it"

Boxing is the last samurai of sports

but you see we're taking about Prime Mike, which existed for a 9 month period in 1988 until he had personal problems which have never happened to any other athlete ever!

>Berbick was a world class boxer.

Tysons best wins in his primer were

>Larry Holmes

38 and hadn't fought in 2 years

>Frank Bruno

Fucking kek

>Michael Spinks

Literally a LHW

one of the most cringey posts ive seen in 2017

hands down

Girls don't get any sports. They only pretend to like them to get attention from guys. The numbers, the drama, the rivalries - it just doesn't click with them. Other women chatting about nonsensical bullshit like the Kardashians or the View is what they get.

>mfw theres only 11 of us talking here

I like you anons

Lets atleast address the elephant in the room and acknowledge that Bruce Lee wont win against any decent boxer

>proof
Of the two of us, I'm the only one who has taken interest in both athletes, and am basing my opinion off of knowledge of both. Contrary to you, who have only followed or taken interest in Tyson. Therefore, my opinion is superior.

>Admitted
Ali was a humble old man with Parkinsons. George Foreman would have, at least, given Tyson a run for his money, and so would Ali. I'm not saying Lee would dominate a pro fighter with 100 pounds on him, but I'm saying that, in a life or death scenario, he would have some options that you or I are incapable of.

>Ali also admitted that Tyson would have beat him in a fight

And Tyson also said Ali would have beaten him

MMA has shown that boxing and wrestling are more important than any meme martial art

Bruce Lee couldn't beat a single professional fighter. He was a movie star, not a real fighter.

>I have read stories about how LMAO AWESOME Bruce Lee was and I also researched and read well documented Tyson feats

thats the point isnt it? Bruce Lee is said by a lot of people to be super human, so we should jsut believe them then?

Not in a boxing match, of course not. He was 5'7" and 140 pounds.

Ali would literally smoke Tyson

Tyson was a bum

>Well documented
Bruce Lee's LMAO AWESOME feats are fairly well documented by numerous reputable and upstanding sources (including many celebrities who worked with him), most of whom who had no interests to fabricate stories for his personal gain. The fact that you struggle to comprehend such a thing as even a possibility does not reduce it's actual believability.

I think the weight difference alone would make those fights pretty one sided, Bruce Lee can be skilled and fast as much as he likes but a pro boxer hits like a fucking truck.
I read somewhere that Jackie Chan challenged Lee on some movie set they were both on and lost, sorta unrelated trivia.

Fucking kids

Mike Tyson is both underrated and overrated.

He's overrated by people who think that Prime Tyson would have been nigh indestructible and unstoppable, that is literally fucking false, even with Cus around he still had flaws and had trouble in some fights against opponents who stood their ground against Cus' Psychological Warfare.

He is underrated in the fact that if you dont acknowledge his actual skills and think that hes not atleast in the Top 10 goat heavy weights then youre dumb as shit

>Bruce Lee's LMAO AWESOME feats are fairly well documented by numerous reputable and upstanding sources (including many celebrities who worked with him), most of whom who had no interests to fabricate stories for his personal gain.

Now go show the proof of these very well documented and upstanding sources user, go ahead, give us a video of him fighting a decent opponent

>word of mouth
>reputable and upstanding sources

>video recordings are the only reliable form of proof because I am only able to obtain or comprehend information conveyed through youtube

Again, if you'd put even the slightest effort into trying to understand the man and his legend, instead of passing categorical judgments indiscriminately and instantaneously, then you would already know that video that exists which verify at least a few of his alleged superhuman feats.

>and think that hes not atleast in the Top 10 goat heavy weights

He's not even top 20

top fucking kek

Kimbo fucking slice would have rekt Bruce Lee and I can provide loads of video evidence for that

wasn't he KO'd by Buster Douglas?

>Most overrated boxer ever.
>World Champion by age 20.

>Again, if you'd put even the slightest effort into trying to understand the man and his legend, instead of passing categorical judgments indiscriminately and instantaneously, then you would already know that video that exists which verify at least a few of his alleged superhuman feats.

autism. can't find it, dont you?

The most damning evidence during the nuremburg trials after WWII was the eyewitness testimony, not video or physical evidence of gassing operations or other atrocities. Are you saying that that's not acceptable evidence?

>people comparing Tyson and Ali based on actual records and shown feats

and here you are;

>show proof of Lee's feats
>i-if you dont understand him, y-you are stupid!!!!!

Wrong.
The so called 'prime' Ali got rocked by slow fighters such as Sonny Liston and Henry Cooper. I doubt Tyson would have any problems, considering his speed.

>he got rocked

And prime Tyson got rocked by Frank fucking Bruno

Whats your point?

Even Mayweather would run circles around him until he was spent.

There are records of Jack Dempsey's fights since 1914

He has more reputable records than Bruce Lee mate

>this fucking argument

Eye witness testimony is one of the most retarded things ever. It's the adult equivalent of one of the kids saying "Joe stole my toy car." when Joe did, in fact, only play with it when it was free. And the toy car belongs to the kindergarten, not the kid.

scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/
sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/how-reliable-eyewitness-testimony-scientists-weigh
agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue One/fisher&tversky.htm
apa.org/monitor/apr06/eyewitness.aspx

>actual records and shown feats

Bruce has much of the same, as I've explained. I'm not going to run to google and dig up a presentation for you. You can do that yourself. Or, you can keep whining and complaining that I know things you don't, if you prefer.

>Bruce Lee the fighter who never fought anyone is the greatest fighter of all time guise! XD

Lee wasn't a professional boxer, so there's less documentation in that same way. Even today, nobody wants to watch martial artists in crash test suits mock swing at each other.

>the fighter who never fought anyone

Absolutely untrue, not that you care.

>There is less evidence from a Guy believed by weeaboos to be the most mythical and legendary fighter OF ALL TIME than a boxer from 1914

still waiting on those proofs mate :^)

are you going to resort to 'just believe me dude!' just like Bruce Lee's feats?

Not necessarily. However, because martial arts are quite deadly, it's not like you can film or stage it in the same way for comparison, and there is not any sporting industry surrounding its recording. So yes it is a different class of evidence, but it is not necessarily invalid evidence. You are required to actually look at it before coming to a conclusion. This is not hard to understand.

>because martial arts are quite deadly, it's not like you can film or stage it in the same way for comparison

But Muay Thai and Muay Boran all have better documented feats? and is more deadlier than Wing Chun or JKD

>are you going to resort to 'just believe me dude!'

I've already told you I'm not going to put together a presentation for you. You could find information yourself, but you're just baiting and arguing because you're too lazy to actually do anything else, mate :^)

>just like Bruce Lee

pottery, go to bed Bruce

>But Muay Thai and Muay Boran all have better documented feats

What documentation from competitive Muay Thai in the 1960's have you looked at, really? And what makes those grainy videos and recorded "documentation" any more believable than Bruce Lee's grainy videos and the like?

so now we are on the same page then?

Sugar Ray Leonard saying that Bruce Lee could beat bigger, heavier professional fighters

youtube.com/watch?v=84F9DtNAA-E

>Individuals known to have witnessed the match include Cadwell, James Lee (Bruce Lee's associate, no relation), and William Chen, a teacher of T'ai chi ch'uan. Wong and William Chen stated that the fight lasted an unusually long 20–25 minutes.[42] Wong claims that he had originally expected a serious but polite bout; however Lee had attacked him very aggressively with intent to kill, straight from the beginning of the bout when he had replied to Wong's traditional handshake offer by "pretending to extend a friendly hand only to suddenly transform the hand into a four-pronged spear aimed at Wong's eyes". Forced to defend his life, he had nonetheless refrained from striking Lee with killing force when the opportunity presented itself because it could earn him a prison sentence. The fight ended due to Lee's "unusually winded" condition, as opposed to a decisive blow by either fighter.[42] According to Bruce Lee, Linda Lee Cadwell, and James Yimm Lee however, the fight lasted a mere 3 minutes with a decisive victory for Lee. In Cadwell's account, "The fight ensued, it was a no-holds-barred fight, it took three minutes. Bruce got this guy down to the ground and said 'do you give up?' and the man said he gave up".[41]

lol

Your making arguments on the basis of "data," that you haven't seen, to discredit other "data" that you also haven't seen. I'm actually familiar with what I'm talking about, right or wrong, so no, we are not on the same page.

>A couple of weeks after the bout, Lee gave an interview claiming that he had defeated an unnamed challenger, which Wong says was an obvious reference to him.[42] In response, Wong published his own account of the fight in the Chinese Pacific Weekly, a Chinese-language newspaper in San Francisco, with an invitation to a public rematch if Lee was not satisfied with the account. Lee did not respond to the invitation "despite his reputation for responding with fists of fury to the slightest provocation",

>show proof of Bruce Lee's actual feats
>JUST BELIEVE IT IM VERY FAMILIAR WITH IT!!!!!!

How long user?

user has asked you to provide of actual proofs of Lee's feats and you have posted none, no matter how much you come up of an excuse not to provide it, you just sound like a little kid defending Santa Claus' existence

>Lee embarrasses the shit out of arrogant martial arts master, who proceeds to spread malicious lies about him.

You go tell them Bruce!

lmgtfy.com/?q=Bruce Lee life

There you guys go

Go to bed Chuck. Bruce is still better than you.

>A couple of weeks after the bout, Lee gave an interview claiming that he had defeated an unnamed challenger, which Wong says was an obvious reference to him.[43] In response, Wong published his own account of the fight in the Chinese Pacific Weekly, a Chinese-language newspaper in San Francisco, with an invitation to a public rematch if Lee was not satisfied with the account. Lee did not respond to the invitation despite his reputation for violently responding to every provocation,[43] and there were no further public announcements by either, though Lee continued to teach Caucasians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee#Martial_arts_career

top fucking kek

theres literally nothing lmao

>5 minutes

Nope. Try again next thread.

so where is it user? all this Lee dick sucking, cant provide a solid proof

>cant provide a solid proof

For what purpose? To impress you petulant losers? I don't think so. Go find it yourself. It's not hard.

There is none, user

here's the thing about bruce lee. he was clearly talented, in good shape, was very fast and hit hard(this is demonstrated in videos of him hitting people and heavy bags etc) and had very good technique. where does he rank though as far as fighters worldwide in the last 50 or 100 years? we don't know because he didn't really fight anyone of consequence, at least not on video. and i don't blame the guy, you take a lot of damage from a full on fight with someone who can challenge you. I wouldn't either just to prove i was a tough guy(not saying i am, just saying i wouldn't even if i was). so there really isn't a point in arguing about it. we don't know.

bruce lee was clearly a talented guy, but we will never know what would have happened if he fought in the UFC for instance. i would guess he would do OK.

He was a talented actor

The only real superhuman feat here in my opinion is that ability to possess certainty without knowledge lel. One of us is going to have to get out of the echochamber and go seeking information, and it's going to be you. Because I've already done it.