What is Jerusalem worth?

What is Jerusalem worth?

nothing

and everything

How can something mean everything when it means nothing?

>Saladin respectfully walks around christian relics
>in reality muslims killed and persecuted christians with prejudice after taking the city
What did Ridley Scott mean by this?

>You can't win! Surrender Jerusalem!
>Never!

>You fought bravely and now hundreds of people are dead.
>lol now we surrender

Apart from you being a Sup Forums tard, it does amaze me that you actually watching a movie with muslims without sperging halfway.

However, Saladin, was indeed a very peacful ruler, grab a book user.

why the fuck every one wants that shithole city? Just bomb into the ground already!

Just like Mohammed (peace by upon him) amirite?

ITT: movies atheists don't understand

Grab my sword and take the "posta di falcone" stance

I don't know about mohammed but when the arabs defeated the sassanid empire they were very peaceful to the vanquished persians, despite centuries of ill treatment beforehand

You're retarded. He sold the christians as slaves you idiot

source?

and Sup Forums is not a source

Literally the historical accuracy bit of the KoH wiki page. Kill yourself you ignorant peace of shit

He let the Eastern Orthodox stay, mainly because they were persecuted by the Catholics.

The city garrison were able to get better terms in the surrender by fighting.

Better than killing every one of them like Crusaders did in First Crusade

>killing muds
>bad

>we can never have a KoH thread without Sup Forumstards shitting it up because there were 2 bad Christians and 1 good Muslim in the movie

>good
>muslim

drippidy dropped

>only Sup Forumstards complain about outrageously dishonest presentation of historical events in historical dramas
How would you feel about WWII movie in which Hitler is portrayed as a kind man who wishes to save all the jews, and americans are the ones who started shit?

the same way I felt when they cornered Hitler and emptied an automatic clip into his face in Inglorious Basterds - I'd just try to find the entertainment value

Inglorious Basterds is pseudohistory and it's made to be very clear.

Do you think Kingdom of Heaven intended to be as silly as Inglorious Basterds?

Only some. They had to pay to be allowed to leave and those that couldn't were sold into slavery.

there isn't a single point in this movie where they claim it's completely historically accurate. It's full of characters that didn't even exist. Why are your anuses puckered?

WTF?! I love Islam now?

Not gonna say it was right or wrong but at least he didn't slaughter the entire city like the Christians did

>Hitler is portrayed as a kind man who wishes to save all the jews, and americans are the ones who started shit?
I would totally watch that. What's your point?

*destroys Constantinople*

>tfw I'll never be able to browse Sup Forums because there is literally people here that are assblasted about another board on an Indian call center forum

Not him but retards like taking the movie and running it as historic facts

About tree fiddy

The reason why Saladin and the Muslims are portrayed nice honourable guys is because Scott used Muslim sources in the film.

Kingdom of Heaven is still one of my favourite films even if it is pro-Muslim.

1 tsar bomba.

Saladin was a morally mixed figure. On one hand when Jerusalem fell he prevented the enslavement of the Europeans and Christians, on the other hand he was the first major Sunni ruler, replacing the Fatamid Shia dynasty which had been far more tolerant of other faiths. It was during Saladin's Ayyubid dynasty that Egypt would slip from a majority Christian population to a Sunni majority.

Wasn't there that time when Saladin defeated Libyans and said they could leave unmolested then let his brother slaughter them?

I personally hate the Saladin was the nicest guy ever meme. He was a piece of shit (Then again nearly everyone was back then) but he was gracious in defeat so that must make him the most honourable guy ever!

That was ottomans you stupid fuck

Yes, an islamic state

do you hate genghis khan

I dunno m8. He had a brother who ransomed thousands of Christians to keep them from slavery.
I think they were like you said, neither good nor evil.
Well personally I despise him, just more proof Sunni Islam is incompatible with the West, at least the Shia left people alone.

In the movie he gives safe passage to everyone. Irl he only gave safe passage to 50% and sold the rest into slavery

The cause of this "Dark Age" was the collapse of the Western Roman Empire and the waves of invasions and raiding that followed it. Without the larger economy and administrative infrastructure of the Empire to sustain them, trade systems, large public works and educational systems all collapsed, contracted into local versions or died out in western Europe. And waves of invasions by various Germanic peoples, Avars, Moors, Magyars and Vikings made mere survival a higher priority than things like preserving books or maintaining road systems.

The idea that Christianity caused or significantly contributed to the fall of the Western Empire has long since been rejected by modern historians. It clearly wasn't a significant factor, since while the Western Empire collapsed, the equally (or even more) Christian Eastern Empire continued for another 1000 years without collapsing and without any "Dark Age".

19,99 denari

it's a bargain , but only if you order now!

>tfw you will never be a crusader killing heathens in the name of Christ

Sad.

I wished Scott had used more Christian sources for the film. Guy's demise in Christian sources was bretty fucking heroic IIRC. Would have been cool to see on screen

i'd go to get my hands on them kebab girls :3

I never implied Christianity caused the Dark Ages, that's just a dumb r/atheism meme. Monasteries were usually the focal point of education and scientific knowledge preservation.

The east survived because it was richer. The west couldn't afford to keep a large professional military anymore. The east had enough wealth to not only keep the military good but also to just pay off most attackers

>larping
pathetic