Saw an Early Screening

Saw an Early Screening

Strongest Directorial Debut I've seen in quite some time.

Is it racist?

Will it make people cancel their netflix subscriptions in a bitchfit?

really impressed by the reviews so far but I'm having a bit of trouble pinning the tone/genre
horror? horror-comedy? satirical horror?

Someone spoil the plot of this movie for me. I'm just curious what it's about, reasoning for the parents doing what they do, etc

Cancelling a subscription qualifies as a "bitchfit" now?
>ARRRRGH JUST KEEP PAYING FOR SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE, GOD DAMN IT RACISTS

I referring to the reaction to Dear White people. You'd know that if you didn't start using this site a week ago.

No
It's satirical-horror, if you had to choose one. It does have good laughs (and a surprising amount) but it's very good at slowly morphing into something for more sinister. The third act is ridiculous in a great way, and earns its ridiculousness.
Not gonna spoil it. Go see it. The trailer does give most of the plot away, but what few things weren't spoiled were well executed.

I'd also say the direction was assured, confident, and stylish. It had fucked up things done with comedic timing, which is incredibly satisfying to watch.

Tell me this at least - is there anything paranormal about the twist?

What would you give it out of /10?

Nothing paranormal. Thank god.

I know that. I just don't think that's a weird reason to cancel a subscription, you'd probably do the same if they produced a show directly insulting you.

It's like if there's a restaurant in my neighborhood, and the food just keeps getting worse and worse, but I keep going just because it's close to home and convenient, and then one day there's a big wad of spit on my crappy burger. I was putting up with the decline in quality, but I'm not going back after the spit-burger. I'm not a masochist.

20 acres and a mule/10

9/10? It felt a little procedural at times, like (oh they focused on detail I wonder how that'll be important) but had great performances, was paced very well, and like I said earlier, has very stylish direction. Very satisfying ending.

Black people are racist and think whitey is keeping them down

It's more about how specific candor and the way white people act sometimes can make black people uncomfortable. Which is a completely reasonable point, especially with the characters in the movie.

This pic bugs the shit outta me because he looks too much like Dule Hill, so I think it's a Psych thread.

Stepford Wives but with brain transplants and black fear.

Is it true that the bad guys are liberals who fetishize black people so much they're transplanting their brains into black people's bodies?

That is actually way better than what the trailers suggest and is a much better commentary on white/black relations in the CURRENT YEAR.

Fucking kek. I think the same thing everytime I see this photo.
I miss psych