How was it so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GufAHzhNcS8
youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk
youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8PNLsXHI
youtube.com/watch?v=7s5lc_1jRlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot of things came together, Dini and Timm, Elfman's music, the voice acting very faithful to the source material AND even going so far as to reinvent some things that were better.

Not every episode is a 10/10 but even weak shit like I've got Batman in my Basement has its charm.

Because it respected the fact that kids could handle some pretty serious subject matter and it didn't resort to dumbing shit down just to make it bland and palatable. Complex, yet identifiable characters and a series-long continuity helped to make it a success. Not only did you watch it, you grew up with it.

How could it fail?

an impressive get - but while it's true he made a lot of establishing themes echoed through the series elfman actually didn't do the music for TAS.

that would be Shirley Walker.

youtube.com/watch?v=GufAHzhNcS8

They nail the aesthetic perfectly

Equal parts gothic, noir and futuristic

youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk

it pandered to numales

>mfw the Mask of the Phantasm version of that theme

youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo

Why they didnt go back to a gothic Batman after Nolans trilogy, I dont know

Great animation style, great atmosphere (nice mix of 40's and 90's), great setting (love the gothic architecture), great memorable characters, etc.

Literally everything about it was great.

Because Warner Bros. is shit and thinks garbage like Batman vs Superman (and trying to rip off Marvel instead of using their already great properties) is the way to go.

it just was, okay

Superman the animated series was better

D I N I
I
N
I

Conroy and Hamill

This fucker scared the shit out of me

An accident. Bruce Timm was told to make a demo for what the show should look like. They loved it so much that they made him a producer. Nowadays that wouldn't happen.

It had people who genuinely cared for the character in all its iterarions, they encapsulated everything good about Batman and ignored the nonsense. They had talent in almost every step of the production. They also embraced the silliness of the character instead of trying to avoid it.

Its a good adaptation. Composer Shirley Walker. Film noir but a cartoon.

>convincing yourself that a show about cartoon characters punching each other is for adults

bruh, everyone watched this show, who you trying to impress

that guy, manbat, and the female android that nearly killed her creator or something scared the shit out of me.

What's your favorite episode?
"Almost Got 'Im" is probably mine.

Fucking Catwoman is still sexy as fuck

checked

Fantastic animation in a fitting style.
Stellar soundtrack.
Perfect casting.
Didn't feel condescending / dumbed down for the most part while still embracing the comic-esque sillyness, was a decent balance of maturity and childish fun.

Over the Edge.

This is more impressive.

Studio told Bruce Timm "Make Batman in Highschool" and we somehow got this.

Have no idea what goes through that man's head sometimes but god damn, he actually made it work.

Bruce Timm should make the DCEU. Everything he touches, no matter how seemingly wacky, just works.

Robin's reckoning.
It was the first time a Batman story made sense about Robin existing.

>Rewatching DCAU
>Notice all the continuity issues I missed before.

I should rewatch Batman TAS. I wonder how many there are besides it taking place in the 90's while JL/JLU take place in the 21st century with no aging inbetween.

>WB hates this movie and we will never get a Blu-ray version
Bastards
This movie was surprisingly good. I liked how it didn't have a "good guy" universe come in and solve the problems. There was real growth and I thought El Supermano had a good arc learning that killing isn't the best option all the time and becoming more than your legacy.

Heart of ice is both the easy and correct answer

I'm also mad they aren't acknowledging Batman Beyond: Revenge of the Joker either.

I always liked the Clock King introduction episode.

WB doesn't respect it's animation division at all. The fact they gave a shoe-string budget to The Killing Joke shows that.

You don't know fear until you watch the H.A.R.D.A.C. episodes.

superheros are gay

(You)

underrated episode coming through

yeah hardac. that's it! totally freaked me out.

What's your favorite episode without a popular villain?

The man who killed batman. I mean, jokers in it but he's not the main villain technically

>planned for primetime
>ends up on Saturday Mornings
>doesn't talk down to its audience
>still capable of having fun
>well-developed, human characters
>especially the rogues
>great cast
>approachable for kids and adults alike

They respect the character and understand that despite the overall grim, gothic tone, that Batman doesn't work without a bit of levity (see: BvS)

Beware the grey ghost
youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8PNLsXHI

>producers hated bane since he was strong and smart
>make bane a retarded one time villain
>everyone who watched the show thought this is what bane was really like
>for years comics always use strong and retarded bane
>nolan comes along
>makes bane smart again
>everyone thinks bane is a top villain again

I've never seen the show, do they really do unique musical cues for each episode?

Also, is the show worth a watch?

Agreed. Scene where everyone got killed by the droid make me emotional especially part where droid kill the wife infront of antagonis.

The one with the mobster and his priest brother

> is the show worth a watch

it's never too late

that's a big guy

you've killed kaptain klown..

YOU'VE
K I L L E D
K A P T A I N
K L O W N

for croc

my favourite moment in the entire series

>It's never too late
Yes! That's the one.

Actually, the second time they used him, he was pretty GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=7s5lc_1jRlc

He's not like a mastermind or anything, but he's clearly pretty witty and well spoken. And just a wonderful fucking scumbag.

Such a bummer that the episode was a dream.

Fuck, now I want the Big Guy in a BTAS episode. Bruce I know you made this thread, make this fucking happen.

I hate to ask but does anyone have a link to this show? I've been aching for some TAS or Beyond but since kickass went down i have no idea where to look for them

the cape and cowl conspiracy

Primewire my dude

You got an Xbox one? there is a Batman app on there that let's you watch damn near every batman show you just have shitty adds on the side of the screen.

Comfiest of the comfy. It wasn't looney toons or tom & jerry levels of noise and commotion. Animation was SUPERB.

I don't sadly, I've got a pc
Is there any spyware i have to worry about? I'm pretty wary of those streaming sites after a few bad experiences