So I've just watched it for the first time...

So I've just watched it for the first time, and I know im late for the party but maybe someone cares to talk about it with me?

So, I enjoyed the movie. It had that Apollo 13 (in a good way) feel to the pictures of Saturn and all over the visuals were superb.

But, the first part with mr. Tangerines made me question the acting abilities of Michael Cane. Like, what the fuck happened to him? His delivery was... average at best.

And his daughter made me want to shoot my fucking gun at the screen.

Anyway, the Conaughey made the story intresting

Also, anyone else was fucking creeped out by the design of the robots (TARS and the other guy)? Like they were so fucking unsetteling for the whole time and made me think when they were going to betray them. And all out of sudden it was the Martian who did it, and then TARS of course grew up on me at the end.

And while it was just a little, a small little bit too far in the ass with the "scientific aspect", it is veeery nice artistic way to portray the science behind the universe. Not close to the facts, but close to the heart of an artist.

Thus ends my blog post, anything else Sup Forums has noticed?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1486627990093.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=827FNDpQWrQ
is2.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OH and I held yself from watching the RLM review of the movie for 3 years now, have something to catch up there

Also i fucking literally laughed out loud at that

>it's impossible
>No, it's necessary

Who the fuck came up with that shit?

Also, it lost me for a while at that docking while spinning part, but just for a momment.

Also, the fighting between con guy and matt damon was kinda dull and unintresting, and im not talking about lack of action but about the plot behind it.

hurr durr love is interdimensional hurr

so interstellar died as a meme now?

I loved it. I watched in the theater so it enhanced the experience.

I never had a problem with the robots, I thought they were awesome as soon as the went snowflake form

The movie was really well made, there are some flaws, like the love thing, but it was a great ride to go through.

>mfw docking scene and no time for caution

if only the dialogue wasn't so shit this could be a good to great movie

>TARS and the other guy
CASE gets no respect

was the only movie i watched alone at the theater ever and i loved it

"Those aren't mountains. They're waves."

yeah its one of those movies i regret wholheartedly for not watching in the theatre
im not saying the robots were bad, it was really neat design

i wast just somehow fucking scared at their alien sight and strength

black hole im conaguy

This movie was one to enjoy in the theatre, on a big screen, with a proper sound system, if there ever was one.

I can't participate much in the discussion because I already talked it all out in 2014 discussion threads. The meme threads about love transcending time, and 'Bravo Nolan' kinda made me try to shut off the logic part of my brain to the movie. The 4D Tesseract plot device is just completely science fiction.

The movie was an awesome production, but if you apply a critical mind to the decision making, plot holes, and 'science' - it begins to fall apart. So just enjoy it for the spectacle that it was.

>Not being able to tell the difference between dumb characters and dumb writers

It was a 6.5/10 until he goes into the black hole and the movie goes full retard.

Okay, so instead of going inside he gets turned into pudding, then what happens?

Someone has to post it.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1486627990093.webm

as for TARS and CASE having the potential to be evil i think nolan didn't want to go down that route again

that would be like making a star wars like movie and trying to blow up the death star again -- it would be so... tedious

michael caine gave a standard performance which was just you know flat

i didn't mind the black hole scenes but they felt rushed and not fully fleshed out

i felt like this had the chance to be great, but it got too unwieldy and it turned out to be something on par with Andromeda Strain -- memorable but not iconic

erry Time

Really good, but I thought the ending was really contrived

>dude we were the aliens the whole time just don't think about the potential time paradoxes that much
>lol now we have an advanced self-sustaining space colony and found one dude floating around in the vastness of space an entire galaxy away from where he last was

They shouldn't have had Cooper go into the black hole, it didn't make any sense for him to do that anyway

During the long, cold nights on the floor of Mackenzie's apartment, with nothing to eat, no one to talk to, I swear I could sometimes hear the whispers of those who had come before me. Pained souls crying out for justice, but finding none. I would awake under the lash and spend several brutal hours as her plaything. Fuck. Cunt. Faggot. Nigger. Shit eater. Cunt Fucker. Pussy. She said all these things and more as she beat me, sometimes almost to death. I won't ever forget when she told me I was less than a dog, and that the only food suitable for me was her waste. I refused to do that terrible thing for days, but in the end, I drank from the wellspring of her vagina like a man lost in the desert. I'll never forget how she laughed. In her face, twisted with mockery and rage, I learned the truth. There is a malevolence behind this world of flesh and flood. A force that wants to torment us, drive us mad, and then kill us. It takes pleasure in doing these things. And in the end, you are either the boot, or the ass. Mackenzie was the boot. Guess what I was.

I remember how Mackenzie used to rub her vagina on my face, she'd lubricate her fuck with my tears. She would cry out with the most degenerate profanities, while spit hung from her mouth like a rabid dog. In time, the profanity would run together and create a sound similar to a babbling baby. She was mad with the joy or torturing me. Her vagina was mutilated. She often used to carve on it with a razor. She'd make me watch. Ask me if that's how I like it. Sometimes she'd procure children, not sure how exactly, and she'd carve on them too. Mutilated corpses sometimes filled the whole room. She'd sit on the chests and laugh as they died from lack of oxygen. Death hung heavy in the air. "Hey faggot, I'm going to be in the Nutcracker. Have you heard?" she once said. Of course I hadn't. Her maniacal grin caused me to shutter. "You know what that means, right?" I didn't of course. But as it turns out, she bought a wooden mallet somewhere, from some store, and she was going to "practice". My testicles were crushed to pulp in one long, agonizing night of torture.

>dude i was the father of the old man who sent me back in time just don't think about the potential time paradoxes that much

>that feeling of anxiety when they go through wormhole, and when he falls into the black hole
>also when watching black hole webms

I loved it.

I loved every second of it.

Holy shit, OP. I saw it for the first time last night.

However, it might be common so I don't know. I fucking loved it though.

This is the only think I knew about the movie before I saw it and is the only reason I did, and I do not regret anything.

It was amazing and a welcome departure from the hopelessness and the blatant nihilism of most of the culture.

youtube.com/watch?v=827FNDpQWrQ

What makes it even scarier is that it's possible for waves to be the size of fucking mountains.

Honestly. Look outside your window and imagine a huge ass fucking mountain. Now imagine you realize that's a fucking wave. It's different than trying to see it in person than in the movie because it's god darn horrifying.

I forgot to mention in other planets. Obviously not on Earth.

>100m+ waves are normal out at sea during storms

I regret not seeing it in IMAX™

The planet was a great idea but the only way the scene works is if they're all morons.

At no point did they check the conditions on the planet before they landed, they never noticed it was all water, which they should have because it couldn't have had 100% cloud cover, and even when they did they still continued to land in it without checking how deep it is despite the lander not being able to float nor even function in water.

How did they know they would land? What's the chances of an ocean being 2 feet deep?

I hate to say it but don't go into this movie looking for logic

Just enjoy the ride

best advice of all

Why was she so cute?

She has boobs now?

Is Matt another example of "Villains that did nothing wrong"?

I can understand why people dislike him but he cared more about the survival of the human race rather than muh family which is completely reasonable.

That would be the case if the character wasn't right in the end.

She awlways had boobs, Professor...

Why were their helmets so shitty? I mean even like hockey players today have stronger glass on their helmets lol.

Are you retarded? He jeopardized the human race to save his own ass. Certified fucking coward.

I kind of like it desu. What would you have preferred?
Wait, what? From what I remember he wanted to continue Plan B because Plan A was a fraud from the start. Didn't he thought trying to go back to Earth was a waste of time?

>mon visage when tumbler fedora tippers try to tell me what 5th dimensional beings are actually like and what the forces of the universe are according to their inherently limited observations

He faked the data to get rescued instead of letting them go to a planet that was actually livable. He put everything at risk.

These are quality posts

The movie got stale very quick. But the theme is a tight butthole

But he wasn't

This one is better.

is2.Sup Forums.org/wsg/1487390287444.webm

the movie was good
nothing to lose your mind over
pulled out some great visuals and got me emotionally involved
I like this kind of science fiction movies to be honest
but the movie was made for all these "im so fucking smart holy shit" teenagers watching shit like inception like's there's nothing better

wish i saw it in theatres. I kept thinking the characters were dead at so many points, it was intense

that "love transcends time" bullshit might be the most cringeworthy thing in a movie ever

It was hilarious how much the end pissed people off. It was actually the best part of an otherwise mediocre movie.

LOVE TARS LOVE

It was literally the book Starfarers by Poul Anderson, but plebbified for normies with the love bullshit and zero implications of what time dilation means for society as a whole.

An utter waste of resources and potential. Could have been a great sci fi film, but ended up being a pop fiction movie barely better than that one with Matt "I'm going to reddit the shit out of this" Damon.

>zero implications of what time dilation means for society as a whole
It does, it means the loved ones of the people on the mission die and society as a whole isn't affected.

>I can't participate much in the discussion because I already talked it all out in 2014 discussion thread

remember that user who said he saw it at a movie theater near MIT and the nerds in the audience were sitting there with calculators making calculations about how plausible the movie was? good times.

>

>Also, it lost me for a while at that docking while spinning part, but just for a momment.

What do you mean 'lost me'?

You laughed at that? God you're autistic. As far as corny lines go that's really not that bad.

ppl forget how much of a nerd dolan is