National debt jumps nearly $100 billion in one day to record high

>The U.S. national debt is creeping up again, after holding steady for the last few months thanks to the annual flood of individual and corporate tax receipts.

>Total government debt hit a record $19.38 trillion on Thursday, up nearly $98 billion from the day before. It's the first time it has ever exceeded $19.3 trillion.

>The debt will soar higher still in the coming months, and is expected to approach $20 trillion by the time President Obama leaves office.

washingtonexaminer.com/national-debt-jumps-nearly-100-billion-in-one-day-to-record-high/article/2595507

How do you even get so much debt jesus

the debt clock site hasn't updated

no bro, they can have as much debt as they want, they can just print more dollars AND that will also stimulate the economy

>amerilards actually believe this

What the hell is it being spent on? inb4 them programs

Sounds like Americans need some freedom. We should invade those nigger loving dick choppers and sort them out.

Can someone explain this to me?

Is there a limit to how much debt we can accrue?

What happens when the bottom drops out and there's a big crash?

What can I do to protect myself from this crash? Is buying property a good idea?

>you even get so much debt jesus

Who's gonna collect gay boi?

Janet yellen

I'm drinking beer smoking a joint and shooting my gun today. It's beautiful out. I'm on my grandfather's land. I might go fishing later.

Medicare
Social security
War in the middle east

Blame boomers and lobbyists for constantly voting in programs nobody can afford that still takes enormous chunks out of the paychecks of anyone under 60.

At this point complaining about debt is actually quite utterly pointless, even quantifying it is a waste of time -- America will literally never be able to pay any of that debt back, most of whom is to China.

Even if the government defaulted within 15 years it'd be back at 10 trillion because America has no exports or economy.

China will never demand any kind of reparations or money back since it exports far too much to the US.

The government constantly bailing out banks is also a major problem - If all privatized banks were destroyed and variable interest rates were illegal then the debt would hold even.

Invest in silver nigger.

>What can I do to protect myself from this crash?
Buy gold and silver

It wouldn't be as bad if the U.S. government could use its clout to negotiate drug prices like every other developed country...But nope, can't have that can we GOP?

How's public school treating you?

>What happens when the bottom drops out and there's a big crash?
The same thing that happens every time the market crashes. Banks scoop up all the pieces, and inflate the bubble all over again. The entire investment-debt economy is a ponzi scheme to feed the banks.

>I'm doing degenerate things
Tanks in 30. You're fucked jamal

>print money and stimulate the economy
It works that way, actually.

When there's a recession, what you do is choose to either take no risks, or ramp up production. It's a gamble.

But we're only part of the market as a whole. So if you're all saving your money trying to stay afloat, and we continue at pace, if things eventually even out, we'll have first to market power over the competition.

It's a gamble, but if say all european economies ceased liberal spending, while we maintained it. (I mean liberal in the sense of subsidies and such, not welfare) our industries will have a leg up over the competitors that will try to regain market share.

It all assumes the recessions are temporary though. If it's ACTUALLY an economic collapse, everything implodes and you have a rapid inflation followed by riots and war.

Hillary's campaign.

It's okay to be afraid of freedom aus, now go gear up for the fight against the carps.

Literally dem programs + the military(which is basically dem programs for white people)

Hey, well, Trump wants to negotiate drug prices, so there you go.

Do you think Obama will still blame Bush for that 20 trillion dollar national debt? Or is he prepping Yellen as his 4th of July blame turkey for your oven?

Do you know you went bankrupt years ago but just chose to ignore it USA? The Obama administration is in its 2nd term now and is running out of excuses and they got you into this mess. How does that make you feel?

ITT: People who don't know shit about what the national debt even is, and how it doesn't even matter.

>Burgers still don't realize they're being cucked by the federal reserve

Enlighten us.

Interest alone is half a trillion a year and rising FAST

It's not like I voted for king nigger, either time.

Short of an armed March on Washington and the forcible removal from office of all politicians within, what else are we supposed to do?

Guns and ammo are probably a good investment

doing the work of the global jew

Freedom ain't free

Hmm interesting question.

This might a better the devil you know solution but a businessman with bankruptcy experience might be able to save you. I can only say at this *almost* hopeless point the only thing that can save the USA from the USA at the moment is.. Vote Trump.

Sup Forums is the home of hopeless causes. Trump might win and save you from the financial the current person in the Oval Office has set up for you in a very nasty attack against your fellow Americans. Not very American is he, your Obama? I can't imagine an American deliberately trying to get other American's into financial trouble like this? So he doesn't seem very American.

To those reading this and saying I don't understand US finance. I only have two words to say to them:

> Debt Ceiling

You are fucked unless you do something like vote Trump in. The clock to the election is ticking.. How dramatic huh?

Pay denbts.

Shut the fuck up Greece. Nobody likes you.

Like I give s shit. Pay denbts.

>most of which is to china

Pay denbts burgers.

We are. Do you not know how bonds work? You don't pay off the principle until the maturity date.

Us too. Now what? Pay denbts.

You really do have to pay your denbts burgers.