Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali
Rey Vargas vs Oscar Negrete

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leWuKR4TOY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rigondeaux

nick blackwell

Lomachenko

Who is the frontrunner for Fighter of the Year?

Sor Rungvisai I'd go for

AJ of course

He's only fought twice though, the Klitschko fight was the single biggest win of the year but then the Takam fight wasn't great.

No real stand out candidates. Lomachenko is expected to beat Rigo he doesn't deserve it. Ward beat Kov then retired. Bellew had a big win against Haye but didn't follow it up. Thurman fought once. Spence fought once. Crawford had 1 notable win.

you gotta put the manuel charr fight in the OP it's for a belt man

So is Joshua done ducking Wilder?

Rungvisai for sure has it in his hands already.

yup

Actually, is it possible Berchelt is a good candidate for it? Miura and Vargas are good names for one year, and if he hadn't gotten injured, the Salido fight might have just made him a shoe-in for it.

What belt the international title? Oquendo gets the regular belt fight

Don't get me wrong, Golovkin and Canelo are good fighters, but neither of them are great fighters like Chocolatito or Crawford.

Sor Rungvisai's double win over Gonzalez should have him in the p4p runnings. SSR v. Gonzalez 2 was the most convincing win of any contest between elite fighters this year.

1. Golovkin (Jacobs and Canelo)
2. Sor Rungvisai (Gonzalez x2)
3. Crawford (Diaz and Indongo)
4. Joshua (Klitschko and Takam)
5. Ken Shiro (Lopez and Guevara)
6. Melindo (Yaegashi and Budler)
7. Ward (Kovalev)
8. Sultan (Jaro and Casimero)
9. Berchelt (Vargas and Miura)
10. Tanaka (Acosta and Chayanram)

It's not happening soon, deafening silence from Eddie Hearn. They're fighting someone else in March, maybe the WBA mandatory (Povetkin probably) or Miller then in the summer Wilder is plan B if the Tyson Fury fight falls through

Golovkin didn't officially beat Canelo so it's not going to him. The Ring magazine owned by Golden Boy definitely isn't giving it to him

Ward
Crawford
Sor Rungvisai

Lomachenko or AJ

>1. Golovkin (Jacobs and Canelo)
If you showed me this on paper at the beginning of the year without any context, then I would say yeah, that's fighter of the year right there.
But both wins were unconvincing.

The Jacobs fight in particular had people split 50/50 on who they thought won, so if you want to do this retroactive "Canelo actually lost" argument, then you have to apply that to the Jacobs fight too.
And many who scored for Golovkin thought that Canelo had a good argument for edging out, and many more were happy with a draw, just unhappy with the scorecard Byrd turned in.

Even if you think he won both bouts, he didn't do it decisively enough to be above the likes of Rungvisai and Berchelt who had two elite level wins that are undisputed.

Ward only had 1 fight, Crawford fought a Diaz who wasn't relevant then a lanky African people hadn't heard of until 2 fights ago. It has to be Rungvisai because of who Roman Gonzalez was going into those fights

It wasn't in any particular order. Overall I'd give it to SSR for the top spot, but Ward is my favorite fighter from the last few years.

Gonzalez had lost the first fight he also had looked on the decline before that even with wins.

damn youre actually right they kept proming it as a wba title fight

He didn't look on the decline before the losses to SSR. He was looking completely dominant against everyone until the Cuadras fight, where he edged it a little close, but nothing to indicate a decline.

We'll have to see how Chocolatito does against his next opponent (Rumored to be Yafai) as to whether or not it was just a bad stylistic matchup, but i'm inclined to believe that SSR just isn't good news for Gonzalez, and I think it's going to be the same against Estrada, which is unfortunate for me as a fan of El Gallo.

Rate my late lunch

Looks like someone shit on a piece of bread.

Why would you eat that?

All euro cuisine is shit outside of france and italy.

literally shit tier food all throughout that cuck zone.

Filtered it a bit.

Slowly cooked beef in strong dark beer, pulled apart, on a ciabatta bread with chipotle pesto, pickles and rocket.

Forgot caramalized onions.

Calling Euros cucks while bragging about having more shitskin cuisine and relying entirely on niggers for success in boxing.

Ladies and gentlemen, the American.

Name 10 active elite british boxer

Oh, that sounds pretty alright, user. I thought it was a pile of canned spinach on bread with pickles under it.

Jesus Christ dude, what kind of life have you lead to end up feeling the need to shit up a sports thread for attention?

......what?

Stop responding to the faggot, he's just baiting.
See the Finland flag, ignore, and move on.

>d-down g-goes j-jacobs

fuck off germany has top kebab, kebabs from berlin

had literally the best kebab in dusseldorf after watching fortuna 95 win the winter cup vs bvb, bremen & leverkusen

Spanish, Greek, Croatian and Hungarian cuisine is amazing too. German is underrated

i wonder why

The state of americucks

When will GGG retire?

What will he do after?

Is vasyl lomachenko the best boxer ever?

I think 2018 will be his last year

>He was looking completely dominant against everyone until the Cuadras fight
he moved up weight class and had past his peak the Cuadras fight was a clear indication that he was on the decline

yes he will be, Joe claims Maywether is the GOAT tho

>Even if you think he won both bouts, he didn't do it decisively enough to be above the likes of Rungvisai and Berchelt who had two elite level wins that are undisputed.

Before Gonzalez got heemed in the rematch the prevailing narrative was that he was robbed in the first fight

/box/ is love.

Golobkeen my fren, jew are not next

Wilder ducked everyone who was in shape till he was 30 years old LOL

Tyson Fury ducked Klitschko by turning into a fat cokehead

This is always such a dumb thing to say lol.
You can't duck people before you're even considered an option for the top fighters. Wilder didn't have top level fights viable for him until he was the WBC champion.

this is why he needs to be taken out

hateful framelet

It'd be nice if he trains other boxers with Abel

Wilder-Stiverne viewership details are in, it peaked at 824,000, marking it as Showtime's 3rd best viewership this year.

#1 is Broner-Garcia peaking at 937,000
#2 is Broner-Granados peaking 859,000

Joshua-Takam peaked at 361,000. Intriguing comparison since they were both fighting outmatched opponents, but on Showtime Wilder managed to pull nearly 500k more.
It's funny how the Brits keep insisting that Wilder is a complete unknown in America. He's big among the African-American community he attracts, it's the same with Adrien Broner.

Against Washington, an actual nobody, Wilder still averaged 1.76 million on FOX, this fight was on at the same time as the bulls vs Cavs game. And that's Wilder's lowest ratings on Cable TV, which is only slightly worse than the average UFC card on FOX this year (And above Demetrious Johnson's average on FOX earlier this year).
Against Arreola he averaged 2.54 million viewers, which is about as good as you can do on FOX for combat sports (UFC's best FOX card did just under 3 mil average).
Against Duhaupas, Wilder averaged 2.34 million on NBC.

Currently Wilder is a pretty good draw in America. The Lara-Gausha triple header only peaked at 550k a couple weeks ago during the Hurd-Trout fight, so that should tell you something about how much Wilder can draw almost exclusively from his name alone.

also he's from Alabama and people are still coming out in good numbers for him in cities like Brooklyn.

whats a bulls cavs?

poor stiverne.

Two popular NBA basketball sports teams

based charlo twins supporting their boy in the crowd

This is Mike Adriano.

Say something nice about him.

It only AJ was as confident as his fans maybe we would actually see Wilder vs Joshua

wrong thread dummy

>Joshua-Takam peaked at 361,000. Intriguing comparison since they were both fighting outmatched opponents, but on Showtime Wilder managed to pull nearly 500k more.

You can't compare afternoon numbers to evening ones. If anything you should add the afternoon numbers with the ones from Joshua's evening replay to get the full picture, since there probably isn't much overlap (who rewatches a fight they just saw a few hours ago?)

Same case for Golovkin

>If anything you should add the afternoon numbers with the ones from Joshua's evening replay to get the full picture
Adding the two broadcasts wouldn't exactly give a fair measurement either. It would add up to 670k if you're curious, but you can't really compare the two numbers at that point because one aired twice, among two different crowds of people, maybe even some rewatches in there as well.

I disagree, apart from the rewatchers, who I doubt are that numerous, I think you get a more accurate gauge by adding them together. There were about 670k Showtime subscribers who were interested in watching Joshua vs Takam at the earliest opportunity, which is more or less the same as for Wilder vs Stiverne II (it is standard to emphasise averages rather than peaks)

It's not as if we can tell if those original 361k people would have actually watched it at night though, which is why I think it's a flawed comparison if you add it up.
One fight gets twice the exposure by airing twice.

Rematch was unnecessary anyway, Fury completely outclassed him

unironically quite like his podcast

I'm going to move to toronto a few months, is there a good boxing gym there?

youtube.com/watch?v=leWuKR4TOY0

where does he rank amongst the all time greats?

I don't think there are many people who would watch live afternoon shows but not live evening shows, whereas a lot of people who would typically watch a live evening show will be busy during the afternoon. Only hardcore boxing fans bother to watch foreign events at awkward times

There are good gyms in pretty much every big city

move to montreal instead

Klitschko would have beaten him. He was more motivated to regain his titles

Klit would have beaten that overweight slow AJ that beat Takam as well, he would have sparked him out mid rounds.

Jarrel Miller has signed with Eddie Hearn is this another way of keeping him away from AJ like he did with Ortiz?

what are you doing there

Either that, or to get Wilder a fight before AJ

Immaculate technique.

"I'll eat him"

>39-0
>fought nothing but cans
What did Wilder mean by this?

i just want the joshua wilder fight so one set of nuthuggers gets btfo so hard they have to leave, dont even care which side

He binned Ortiz off after 2 fights because he was shit. Miller having a co-promotion agreement with Eddie moves him closer to Joshua, Miller will probably be the back up plan for the spring fight

Stiverne was considered a top 3 Heavyweight when Wilder beat him.
Fuck off.

He wasn't top 3. Fury, Klitschko, Pulev, Povetkin, Jennings, Ortiz would have all beat Stiverne easily
>muh ring magazine fantasy ratings

You faggots suck off TBRB at every opportunity you get, he was rated #3 there too. Boxrec had him #5 as well. I don't know what ESPN's ratings were at the time, but he was probably top 3 there too.

>B-b-but my opinions matter more than experts in the sport for multiple decades!

Kek. It's easy to look back in retrospect and rate him lower, but at the time it seemed like he could beat guys like Jennings (Only reason he's rated highly is because an over-the-hill Wlad had trouble with him) and Pulev.

Punished Wlad would have put Fury on the canvas, and deep down Fury knew it.

This. While Fury was stuffing burgers down his mouth, Klitschko was in training camp more determined than ever reclaim his throne.

1000 times this

I'm still fairly new to the sport and I'm watching Roy Jones Jr since I've always liked him but can someone please explain wtf happened in Jones Jr Vs calzaghe? I thought it was maybe his age but they're both within 3 years of each other. He just stands on the ropes the entire fight and allows himself to be unloaded on and bullied, even having calzaghe taunt him the entire fight

well people shouldn't forget that many of roys opponents were complete nobodies and calzaghe is definitely not a nobody

Roy Jones was good in the 90's, he added a heavyweight title in 2003 against a shit champion which added to his mythology. He was done when he fought Calzaghe and Calzaghe was a good boxer who punched in high volume, he couldn't keep up