According to Putin...

>According to Putin, Russia's basic approach is that Finland is a neutral country and Russia keeps its own troops well away from the common border.

>"Imagine that Finland were to join NATO. That would mean that Finland's defense forces would no longer be independent, rather part of a NATO infrastructure extending up to Russia's border," he said.

>Putin added that in such a situation things would change. He let it be understood that in this case Russian troops would no longer stay 1500 kilometres back from the Finnish border, as they do now.

>The Russian president went on to say that even so, Russia would respect a decision by the Finns, since it is Finland's own decision to make.

>"NATO would gladly fight Russia to the last Finnish soldier. Russia would not want that. But, it is not our decision, it's yours," stated Putin.

>"Do you guys need it? We don't. We don't want it. But it is your call."

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/52312
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Night
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He want a neutral Finland rather than a potentially hostile nato nation on his border

1500km? Surely he said 15km or 1.5km.

>that radioactive dust kicked up in their face and into their eyes/mouth

fucking idiots

Were these guys aware they were being used as guinea pigs?

They were good goyim.

No. Pretty sure they all died.

What radioactive dust? The only dust that might have contamination or neutron activation is at the base of the cloud.

0:28

He got a little carried away with his rhetoric, but certainly Finland joining NATO would be a destabilizing mistake.

He lied about the 1500 kilometers though

The only radioactive parts are in the dust at the explosion location.

28s was just the shock wave pushing normal dirt.

It was "depth"

Question (retranslated): A question to President Putin. It seems to us here in Finland that it is Russia that is pushing Finland toward NATO. At any rate, here the prevailing attitude was against NATO but now this issue is being discussed seriously enough. Why is Russia behaving like this? Perhaps you have some specific proposals on enhancing the security of Finns? This question is for President Putin.
And a question for President Niinistö on the intentions of Finland, Britain and the United States to draft a defence cooperation treaty or agreement. Could you please explain what this agreement is and what the intentions are?
Vladimir Putin: We don’t quite understand what could have caused the concern of Finnish citizens. I’ve already said that we made a decision and carried it out by withdrawing all our armed forces to the depth of 1,500 km from the Finnish borders. Despite all the tensions in the Baltic Sea region or other parts of the world, we have done nothing that could have prompted the Finns to worry. Incidentally, we are doing this in recognition of Finland’s neutral status. Imagine if Finland joins NATO. In this case the Finnish troops will cease to be fully independent or sovereign. They will become part of NATO’s military infrastructure, which will emerge overnight on the borders of the Russian Federation.
Do you think we are going to continue acting like that: since we have withdrawn our troops to a depth of 1,500, they will stay there? But in any event we’ll respect whatever choice the Finnish people make. It is up to them how to guard their independence and ensure their security. We cherish and respect Finland’s neutral status but this issue is not up to us. Paraphrasing a statement by one of my Finnish friends, I could say that NATO would probably be happy to fight Russia to the last Finnish soldier. Is this what you need? We don’t, we don’t want this but you decide for yourselves what you need.

Illustrates the wisdom of true Polandball comics.

Best strategy for finnish defense against russian agression would be good relations towards russia.

Any idiot would understand this. Finland is such a non strategic area in modern warfare that russia would have no reason to attack or invade.

Depth or distance it doesn't matter. They have military forces well within 1,500 km.

Well it wasn't error or anything. It's on Kremlin website.

en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/52312

Well he's not wrong. Finland was created as a buffer state. Remove that buffer and tensions will certainly escalate

He understands what the West is doing.

The fact that Putin who has 1500 nuclear warheads and 15000 tanks is spending every waking hour being afraid that a handful of tiny European countries will invade Russia is pretty funny. Those cheese-eating cucks with a tiny army sure are scary. LOL.

He is just terrible at everything except being a tough guy. Fix the economy or corruption? Nah, nigga we need to fight against NATO.

The Russian leader is protecting Russian interests because thats his job

Whats so hard to understand?
Why cant anyone understand Russia? All they do is protect their interests just like the USA does.

>Neighboring countries joining a military pact created for literally no other purpose except containing and threatening your country

Gee, I wonder why he's opposed?

Litearly no one gives a fuck about Finland here. No one.

> 1 post by this ID

Why does Putin act like NATO being on Russia's border is going to start WW3 when Norway is a founding member of NATO and their border with Russia is right next to one of their most important and active port cities?

He's scared of another winter war

Because you spent the last decade surround Russia militarily, trying to destroy it economically and infiltrating and destabilizing neighbors friendly to Russia

We can all see it happen and it's leading to something your jew overlords have planned.

But you can't see it

Sauli Niinistö: There is nothing dramatic in the news on these agreements between Finland and Britain and Finland and the United States. They are essentially technical and simply specify the current status.

That said, I would like to recall the main components of Finland’s defence, its defence policy. The first support of our defence is independent defence and our strong will to protect and defend our country. In Europe Finland has the strongest will to defend itself and in addition we are also developing our own independent defence capabilities.

We are cooperating with different countries and organisations, including Western ones, and are bolstering cooperation with Sweden in the field of defence. We are doing the same as part of the European Union. Finland is NATO’s partner and we also maintain bilateral contacts and cooperation with the United States, especially as regards military technology. At the same time we are working with our Eastern partners, including Russia. We want to keep open all our communication channels and we are developing cooperation with Russia in many industries, particularly in the civilian sector.

And the fourth support or component is the protection offered by international agreements, treaties and organisations.

As a small country, Finland supports and observes the principles that have been elaborated in these international bodies.

Thank you everyone.

Well, at least the incognito is working correctly. Thanks for your input faggot.

incognito doesn't give you a new ID

Putin should just take Finland, stop being a fucking pussy

>What did he mean by this?

he say nato east expansion is aggressive act

Russia shouldn't have turned our neighbors into Commies then. Not to mention creating the commie states in Asia, North Korea was such a good idea. Thanks Russia!

We just now are patching things up with the Latinos to the south but they are still commie mentally. And that's Russia's doing.

Problem is, Russia is weaker than the USA now so they are losing more and more proxy battles.

I doubt he wants yet another piece of frozen wasteland that's also filled with the most autistic people on the planet

>Thanks Russia
Dude if only you knew how many RUSSIANS perished during communism... if only.
And now i (a russian) have to listen to you bs thanks commies.. just thanks.

Based finns will take care of slav(e)s.

Again

>Butthurt belt reporting in

USSR and Russia aren't the same, you know that right?

He says that NATO as an organisation will use Finns as cannon fodder, while american transgender generals will look at this from lenses of drones from behind the lines from inside the bunkers.

Thank you...

Russia is ruled by a soviet right now. Where do you think Putin and his cabinet came from?

Fact is Russia would love to switch back into the SU if it were made possible again. The majority of the citizens there even admit it. And for the Russians who speak out against corruption or in favor of democracy they get labeled "librashkas" or however its spelled.

You need to forgive one day or you will never move on
>Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Niinistö:
>I mentioned the situation in the Baltic Sea region because Baltic countries and some other places are scared of Russia. That’s one side.

>The other side is that Russia views NATO as a major threat. This is how a vicious circle emerges. Trust is the key to breaking it. To build it up we should move forward in the right direction even by small steps.

>The activities designed to avoid all kinds of adverse incidents or accidents could, perhaps, be one such small step, which is why I raised the issue of aircraft flying with transponders turned off.

>We all know that such flights are fraught with certain risks and fairly serious danger. So, I came up with a proposal to reach a joint agreement to have transponders turned on at all times during flights in the Baltic Sea region.

It means he's scared of NATO but he ain't scared of Finnish army so he's threatening us if we join NATO.

Not saying we should but Pootin can fug off.

Yeah they aren't because we don't allow them to be.

Public opinion in Russia and even government authoritarianism there says otherwise.

They aren't the SU because the USA won't let them be. Its not even hard to see.

yeah thats the older generations that want a soviet reunion the newer gens dont...
and still i understand them, imagine living in the USSR and being mindfucked everyday by your govt (and an extra 2 years of hard fucking for the males cause of the army) would you be different?

>and an extra 2 years of hard fucking for the males cause of the army
This isn't bad.

Last time I checked, the USSR literally let you leave the union without consequence. If the people of the ex-USSR wanted to reform a soviet superstate, I doubt they'd even want you in it.

Why are you still so Butthurt?

>NATO would gladly fight Russia

Nobody is interested in attacking Russia. Even if we invaded and occupied the entire country, we could not afford the welfare bill. The infrastructure is all fucked. The people are drunken HIV monkeys who run around stabbing each other.

The country is a worthless bag of shit. It has only one redeeming feature, it acts as a barrier to keep the Chinks away.

what's this from?

He's telling you, he could fuck you up.

I'd listen.

in what way
do you mean the mindfucking
or the 2 years of service?

You can now come and buy one of these Ladas for one euro. They are abandoned by refugees at the Finland-Russia border.

> even if we invaded Russia

You can stop right there, paki. You aren't invading shit.

>said the chav

Yeah, and of course Estonia joined USSR 'voluntarily' as well.

In any case Finland should man up, stop the policy of weakness and appeasement towards Russia, and join NATO.

not really

John Wayne died of cancer partly from his smoking and partly from doing films downwind from the nuke tests. A lot of the film crew died of some sort of cancer caused by the nuke tests. crazy shit

Both
wouldn't you like to grow up in a country that makes you a part of it?
wouldn't you like to feel included into society ?
wouldn't you like to believe into something?
wouldn't you like learning about comradeship, pushing your own limits and witnessing hilarious storys that you can tell later in life?

Conscription is absolutely needed to unify the Men in the Society otherwise you get a bunch of traiterous, egoistical faggots who will make the country break apart

Russians are degenerates that behave like niggers. Once Finland joins NATO, I hope you filthy brainwashed fucks will be eradicated by our united super power. Putin the "tough" manlet will be raped by Finnish autists and eventually be hanged like Osama.

So, happy with your new F35 ?

Well said, my fellow toothpaste.

Exactly. The manufactured crisis in Estonia in 2007 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Night was Putin's exercise in NATO uniformity. Russia found NATO too unified, militarily weak Georgia was an easy target, they were busy supporting OEF.
When Russia followed their invasive tactics in Ukraine 2014, the same supposed 'experts' were baffled. They had never understood that Russia as a state is following cossack rules, it will murder, rob and steal everything it can.

Doesn't it make you seeth with anger that Putin threatens you like this?

>end Russian appeasement

What is Russia doing that makes it so not provoking them is "appeasement"?

Did Putin fuck your sister or something?

>DDR is that you?
>wouldn't you like to grow up in a country that makes you a part of it?
OFFCOURSE only not that particullar country.. AND not with lies
>wouldn't you like to feel included into society ?
same as the above
>wouldn't you like to believe into something?
And again
>wouldn't you like learning about comradeship, pushing your own limits and witnessing hilarious storys that you can tell later in life?
AND AGAIN
im not against army rather against USSR

FINLAND IS A STRONG INDPENDENT WOMAN AND SHOULD BE ABLE TOO CHOOSE WHO FUCKS HER BY HER OWN WILL

>Listen up guys the economy is fucked because i appointed some mouth breathing retards to the Cnetral Bank, Finance and Economic Development and we need to do something fast but let me just go to Finland and make some ominous threats to people nobody gives a shit about

Le Based Boudine Saviour of de White Race

We don't want war and we want to keep Russia as trade partner, and hope there will be more trust between Russia and Baltics. But Russia is not innocent either. Is there "good" and "bad" guys in global politics? We Finns don't believe so.

>A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Invading Ukraine to "protect" russian "citizens" there from "Ukrainian terrorists". Same with Georgia now.

No one cares about Putin, we need Finland to chip into NATO budgets cause Trump is tired of running the world on his own.

i don't hear accordion music. are you even a real cpби?

It was the most retard and
incoherently thing I heard today.

Fucking amerifats.

>and we want to keep Russia as trade partner

This guy's a tiny but vocal internet minority, most Finns absolutely despise Russia. We will very happily put another 100 000 russians in the ground when they come at us again.

I'm not against it as well, there are some reasons like you mentioned. But some people are really ready to hero over it; I don't understand, but it really goes very deep.

Glorious PVV Führer is trying to, but our prime-cuck-minister is preventing this.

>Needer kanker
Lelz, never heard this.
Good word choice though

> We will very happily put another 100 000 russians in the ground when they come at us again.
Soviets...

>It's another "Sup Forums is actually blupilled as fuck about most things but will keep spoting shit it knows nothing about"

Do you know that Putin's i migration policies are beyond antyhing that Merkel or Obama ever installed? Ofcourse you don't.

>inb4 some obvious mental gymnasitcs about how its ok if based Boudine does it

HOHOLS

how many syrians refugees we accepted considering our friendly approach to Syria? If you are right Moscow should be filled with Syrians, but thats not the case

I'm not Ilja Janitskin, or Russian troll, but I realize there's good and bad sides with either option. I realize that Russia has terrible economy and they are at two wars that aren't doing so good, so you never know what they might do next to hide failure. But don't attack Russian people because of Putin.

Lot of people in Finland are sure it's Putin doing it and Russia funding both far-right and far-left groups with the refugee crisis, but is it very effective I don't think so.

'syrian' rapefugees

they'd blame putin for bad weather if people were even more stupid. Just convinient to blame external bad russia for un-convinient internal far-right groups.

*inconvenient

Those are Russian bases. He meant troops as in active and ready formations like exists on much of the European border.

In the case of NATO aggression of Russia, they're pretty much ready to quickly invade and capture must of Western and Northern Europe (NATO nations only) and basically use them as hostages so that the U.S can't mobilize their forces fast enough to bring down Russia without huge collateral.

Russia knows it's heavily outgunned, but the Russian military is the best at urban fighting and spearhead invasion fighting in the world so they're going to use it to their advantage.

Either way, the troops that exist next to you are basically just tank mechanics and boot camp troops training.

good goy, die for your masters

I think he meant that refugees would leak to Europe to cause chaos and division, which would be great for Russian propaganda to kick in. But no Syrians came here and it's mostly Iraqis who came because they believed lies of human smugglers.

It's a bit annoying that now any kind of criticism against mass immigration is seen as Russian shilling.

>stop the policy of weakness and appeasement towards Russia, and join NATO.
>mfw
Joining a military alliance like NATO is the very definition of individual weakness. The fins might decide that it is necessary, but if they do so with the short-term in mind then they seriously don't understand Russia and if they are thinking long-term when maybe some nut-job will become President then I would suggest that Finland taking just as many precautions against Sweden and the EU because they will pressure Finland more and more with time because they don't respect neutrality. They think 'with us or against us'.

Also, you devious little shit using words like appeasement to bring to mind Hitler/Chamberlane analogues. But what can I expect from a non-country whose only reason to exist is to whore itself out to the EU bureaucracy.

> terrible economy
they have oil, gas, definitely not shite. They're just being bullied by some mysterious gang of would be world leaders.
> Putin bad guy
Probably, but I don't live in Russia, so who cares ?

>15 years of open borders with Asia Minor

>where den Syrian refugees at, me smart

lol you fucking PIDF clown, try to use less obvious strawmen in your bullshitiing

lol wtf are you on about dude SU reforming would be death to Putin and all his private interests you clearly have no idea how Russian politics work,they would much rather keep on the charade of democracy and freedom of speech then go back to communism where they cant make money.

I literally can't understand you.

You can't be Russians because even Russians are easier to understand than your garbage

Ukraine intervention was militarily necessary because it is exactly by those 'cossack rules' that the EU/Americans are playing. Russia left Ukraine well enough alone until the incited revolution and then only secured what was of absolute necessity to Russia. The naval base in Crimea which could not be allowed to fall into NATO hands.

You people need to think about why actions happen instead of assuming the other guy is a nut-job who is frothing to invade left right and center.

>Joining a military alliance like NATO is the very definition of individual weakness.
lmao

I really don't think you understand the concept of an alliance, user.

That's exactly Russia's media doctrine. Mixing facts with lies, leaving everything vague and opaque.

He means he will invade Finland if you join NATO.

Join NATO quickly and allow the West to curbstomp them.

Lot of Russians live in proverty and Russian government is taking attention away from this, showing them that Russia is "strong". The price of oil is very low.

>le middle asia migrants
They were already here everywhere because of USSR, but atleast they speak Russian and have no culture of their own. So they are 1000 times better than Mexicans for USA.
But you don't care, because you are stupid liberal and if SAINT USA would tell you to take negros from Niger you would take them in your house, but since le bad pootin does this you don't like

>15 years of open borders with Asia Minor

>I literally can't understand you.

That's ok, you will be readily made to understand when a REAL nationalist, pro-Russian leader will take over, and all you paid PIDF trolls, diaspora cucks and other compradors will be put to the knife in the streets.

That was... beautiful.

>most nations want to join up with the West because Russia is a shitty ally
>Putin get butthurt because people want to be on team USA.
>Russia threatens countries that want to defend themselves

Top kek! Russians are so fucking subhuman. Putin is a complete jackass. There is a reason no one wants to be on your team, you dumb bitch.

Russia's only allies are other shitty countries like North Korea and Iran.

Fucking pathetic commie scum.

Just like your mother has, it's nice to have several points of penetration