Is action cinema a lost art?

Is action cinema a lost art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jZSRxp-dJ-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't a lost art, but good quality action movies are few and far between these days.

That's why we need to support them when they come out.

Nope

Back to Sup Forumseddit.

Thats just the most current example i can keep going fag

It's mostly lost. You can instantly recognize when a non-action director is making an action movie.

this, the raid movies, and hardcore henry are proof the art is still alive and well

unless you're some jaded fuck like in which case you have no business trying to enjoy action movies to begin with

The guy on the right had a giant mole hair in the middle of his face. Made this movie twice better.

>and well
I wouldn't go that far. They are obviously way past their prime.

Nope.

Action stars today just don't have the same charm and charisma as the ones from years ago. Only The Rock does but his films are kind of meh.

on a rewatch Face/Off is awful, not even O&A bias, every action scene is stuntmen stuntmen stuntmen ZOOM IN ON ACTUAL ACTORS stuntmen stuntmen stuntmen

The Big Hit is Woo's best American movie overall but MI2 has his best action sequence for the ending

John Wick, The Raid, Fury Road - it's not lost, but good action isn't as common as it once was.

It's still around, you just need to know where to look.

Please don't compare McTiernan's masterpiece with Hard to Kill.

>The Big Hit
Made by Kirk Wong

I despise shit like John Wick, The Raid and Crank. Obviously made by people with ADHD raised on video games. They're choreographies and set pieces without actual filmmaking. John Woo adored Leone and Melville, McTiernan studied Truffaut and Fellini. It wasn't just about the action.

>Made by Kirk Wong

Yeah but he produced it, I'll still give him props.

and face off

Die Hard was released in July? I thought it was a Christmas movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=jZSRxp-dJ-Q

yes

>Still around
>8 years ago

not gud

Christmas movies don't have to come out at Christmas time.

You'd love Face/OFF if it were made in Hong Kong though you fucking loser

Most of 90s movies have bad potsers but holy fuck that Hard to Kill poster is laughably atrocious

>Is cinema a lost art?
Yes.

not him but srsrly, face/off sucks, and most hong kong movies suck, on a story basis. and you know what? I been trying to get into korean gangster/crime movies, and im not really digging it so much. it SEEMS like style over substance to me with stories that arent really that great but I may be a fucking plebe

your opinion on the inside men?

this

>You'd love Face/OFF if it were made in Hong Kong though you fucking loser

Aww don't worry baby, I know my post gave you a big boo boo on your bottom but just get mommy to come give it a kissy to make it feel better.

LOL

its going strong as ever just now they wear capes

>Crank 2
>not gud

John Wick 2 nigga.

Actionkino is in its current sorry state because Hollywood demands every movie to be PG to rake in as many shekels as possible.

>this is what having good taste looks like to me

i aint saying its not an entertaining movie, but OP asks if fucking action cinema is alive and well, I think it and horror are doing fucking terrible. Sci-fi is doing a little better. In fact my favorite movie franchise currently are the new planet of the apes movies, cant wait for the new one

A simple yes would've done just fine

Here I improved it.

lol