Luke Cage

Did people actually like this shit?

I thought it was EASILY the worst of the Netflix Marvel shows; at best it was boring, at worst unfocused and totally lost sight of its premise. Zero character arcs, the only compelling character died halfway through the first season only to be replaced with a frankly offensively uninteresting and bland follow up character...

The show starts off so strong, and by episode 7 completely loses its shit, goes full retard, tosses everything out the window that made it interesting in favor of some bizarre hack-job of a "MUH PERSONAL BACKSTORY" plot. Final episode was such utter fucking garbage I can scarcely even believe it.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but this ended up being complete garbage IMHO. Why is everything I heard about it nothing but golden praise? I was fully expecting this to be pure kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9TgdDpVLS8
youtube.com/watch?v=nKMJ-shX0-U
youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked it up until the point where the guy turned up in that suit and then I burst out laughing.

Easily the worst of the 3.

Okay, I'll take back the zero character arcs thing because of Mariah, but that's it.

Luke Cage has a character development stretch of about 3 episodes and that's it.

I liked it. So there.

Luke is a reluctant hero. Even at the end he still just wants to be left alone.

Notice when he helps people it's only those within a couple blocks at most? He's marvel's only "I'll help if I have to" hero and that's about time.

Plus Cottonmouth was a believable villian with Miriah being a truly excellent example of a BLACK WOMAN being utterly corrupt and a nasty piece of work.

Think about that for a minute. In current year they not only had criminal black people, they also had completely unsympathetic black WOMEN too. Even if she was the victim of child sexual abuse she's shown as somebody so utterly sociopathic as to not get sympathy.

Also; Misty has juicy taytays. Would squeeze for juice.

Back to Sup Forums

Yes, Cottonmouth was a great villain, except he's dead and replaced by shitty Diamondback and Mariah is okay, but nothing inspirational as an antagonist. Luke Cage as a character is bland as fuck. He's mildly likeable with poor one-liners, and that's essentially it.

As for the rest, who cares? Black antagonists or white antagonists, male or female, if they aren't good characters then they aren't good characters. It's pretty simple.

The plot of the first season past the first half is also shit. I'm sorry, it just is.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to like it, I'm just saying compared to the other Marvel shows it was bland, unfocused and boring with poor characters overall.

That said, yes, Misty is pretty squeezable.

It's definitely not how I would have introduced him but I think they were trying something different.

Jessica Jones had the noir feel and I think they were going for the Crooklyn/Do The Right Thing Spike Lee feel with Cage. It's a "black" series after all.

Yes Diamondback was stupid. Shipping Claire with Cage (instead of Daredevil) was dumb since he eventually marries Jessica anyway, and Daredevil's a better fit for Claire as he's always in need of her help.

At this point Luke's a walking tank and Claire's basically irrelevant.

She needs to go back to Hell's Kitchen.

>(You)

>She needs to go back to Hell's Kitchen
Agreed. Their whole weird gravitational relationship was just kinda weird, especially with Misty still in play. Definitely hope she goes back to Murdock, it felt like they had better chemistry as characters.

>Did people actually like this shit?
Yes. I liked it. And it looks as though LC is getting a second season. So that means Netflix thought a lot of people like it.

>Why is everything I heard about it nothing but golden praise?
Different people have different opinions.

>Luke Cage
>worse than Jessica Jones
yeah... nope

fuck off Sup Forums

>I didn't like a show that happened to have black people in it so it's Sup Forums material
Read the OP, read the thread, and get fucked.

>easily worst of the 3
what is Jessica JonesĀ©

It probably was the worst of the Netflix shows, but then all they're competing with is this:

My only problem is I wanted jive talking in yo face blacksploitation luke cage. I grew up in a military town and I know the kind of black guy they were going for but that guy is not muh' luke cage. If they were going to go full comic book with the exoskeleton at the end then what was the point of having a more grounded MC?

Jesus christ that shot at 0:04- 005 ish is particularly bad.

I wanted it to be like Black Dynamite.

It wasn't anything like Black Dynamite.

>Blaxploitation
>2016
Autism please leave

Just admit its because you're racist OP. We all know thats the real reason.

Except for killgrave Jessica Jones was way more boring. I agree about the plot going to shit when cottonmouth died midway though.

2nd best and leagues above the vast majority of capeshit

>implying anyone would be shy about 'admitting' such a thing on Sup Forums
>implying that admitting the contrary wouldn't be more of a faux pas here

Luke Cage isn't a good hero, because he's just a really buff, basically indestructible black dude. That's it.
He's like Hancock, but can't fly or do anything really cool.

Oh, but he's not your typical goodie-goodie super hero, because its the 1980s and that's totally edgy. Except now its borderline cliche.

I guess in the comics he looked like a Blacksploitation cartoon, now he just wears street clothes.

But he's black, and the storyline is urban, so if you don't like it, you're litterally Hitler.

except if you don't like it you really are racist

It's just so fucking slow and boring. Wait 40 minutes for 1 minute of action at the end of the episode.

Needed shorter episodes or more stuff happening. I was even watching on 1.2x speed and it was slow.

It was awful but not as bad as JJ. Also no one gave a fuck about it which is a pretty bad sign for a Netflix show. They usually get overhyped because of the binge watching model

I didn't like it.

I couldn't relate with all that "Blacktivity"

>muh black icons
>muh black songer sat there
>muh black building
>muh black mayor
>muh black opressed minority
>WE

Ew.
It screams cuuck all over.

reviewers overwhelmingly left, they can score woke points by blindly praising anything that doesn't have a white male in the lead

>fun tv show against a boring piece of shit

I wonder why the arrowerse is embarrisngly more popular

>Daily reminder "people" on this board watch network capeshit
youtube.com/watch?v=p9TgdDpVLS8
youtube.com/watch?v=nKMJ-shX0-U

I think all capeshit is bad, but this and Jessica Jones are awful even by capeshit standards. They should go full campy like Flash does because this "serious" stuff is just painful to watch

>people actually think LC is worse than JJ

It probably is, but I still prefer LC

Daredevil is pretty good.

It's just critics getting their SJW GBPs. In real life no one gave a fuck, the only two people I've talked to about the netflixverse couldn't even end Jessica Jones

It is actually, nice action scenes. Season 2 except Punisher shits the bed completely though

is Datedevil the only decent capeshit show?

Super Girl has to be the worst btw

Gotham is better than DD considering the second season and Agents of Shield and Legends of Tomorrow are worse than Supergirl, although not by far

DD > JJ > DDS2 > LC

How do you think Iron Fist will do?

Marvel should really stick to making movies

I didn't care for the whole Punisher arc

Iron Fist might be good.

>Dumb men like little girls. Me? I ponder a woman

Sup Forums when did I turn gay and into black guys

When you started saving images from the Blacked threads.

Also is ponder black slang for like?

The CW stuff is cringy as fuck though. How can you not enjoy this:

youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE

BULLETPROOF
BLACK
MAN

Dropped it after the first episode. It had nothing to it that could hook me. Cage needs Danny Rand or at least Jessica to work with.

I hope Punsher's solo will be as kino as this scene.

Daredevil is decent but they should really stop ripping off Old Boy, getting old fast.

The CW shit is fun and JJ and LC were not

I think he's just saying he likes to think about adult women rather than basic club skanks.

He's just being suave about it.

Yeah
but i like black women

You fucks are all wrong. Capekino is now on FX

Daredevil Season 1 had too little to do.

Daredevil Season 2 overcorrected and tried to cram in too much.

Is suave black slang for butchering English?

Stop shilling that piece of shit, this is getting sad

see its funny because she married a white guy

>Diamondback goes to great lengths to get a unique super-expensive weapon to kill Cage
>when all he had to do was shoot him point-blank with any old shotgun
>the super-weapon didn't even work

What's wrong with her face?

>at the bar
>black bartender is chatting up some girl
>they lock eyes
>"Dumb men like little girls. Me? I ponder a woman."
>put down my drink
>walk up to them
>"Excuse me. EXCUSE ME!"
>they both turn to look at me
>"You didn't use the word ponder right"
>she looks at the bartender
>"Oh my god, you didn't. Ew!"
>she starts blowing me instead while the bar stands up and applauds

it was too black for me

like I can't relate to that shit at all, hell we barely have blacks in my country.

Seems to be a trend with affluent brown women. Zoe Saldana and all of her sisters have been COLONIZED too.

>baby can only watch shows if they have people who look like him in the show
then dont complain about transpeople and hispanics who request ethnic/racial/gender quotas based on identity politics

1/10 I replied.

god youre such fucking cancer

This.

I live in the American south, so I'm pretty familiar with black culture, but my wife isn't from an area heavy in blacks so I had to explain a bunch of shit to her.

Nice to see a Marvel show geared towards black audiences. Hopefully Marvel continues the trend of appealing to blacks and goes full afrofuturism for Black Panther.

okay man

yeah that's kinda what I meant. there was so much stuff I simply didn't get. it had less to do with their skin colour and more about culture

Agree OP, this was really bad. Not as bad as JJ but still atrocious

>"interracial relationship. (Black girl + white man)"
Did...did she really need to point this out?

not really she even wrote
>"the same interracial relationship"

Thats not Zoe saying it.

But also Zoe is like Dominican-Haitian-Puerto Rican. Basically Island black, but pretty different than like American black.

Is there a single Zoe Saldana movie where she doesn't get COLONIZED?
She was even in a race swapped BLACKED remake.

Main actor sucks, plot sucks, all the characters including Cottonmouth suck (let's be honest, he's only okay but everything else is so uninspired trash, performances included, that he seems amazing). The fight scenes have no choreography, a lot of time is wasted on nothing, and worst of all there's a character unironically named "Shades" who is taken seriously and respected as a gangster, and he unironically wears sunglasses at night and indoors.

I hope not.

She's my blackfu

>Zoe and Quinto in Star Trek
>Zoe and Chris in GoTG
>Zoe and Sam in Avatar
Jesus Christ I think you're onto something

Zoe Saldana is now my favourite actress

Seriously she must have it in her contracts or something.
>1 white person in the movie
>it's her boyfriend

I though jessica was the worst.

DD s1 7/10
DD s2 6/10
JJ 4/10
LC 4.5/10

Word to the wise Chrissy, don't try to argue this

r u 15?

>It screams cuuck all over.
your post does

LIberal hated it because Luke was a working dude, who speak proper english, doesn't like being called a nigger, fight black gang and adress fatherless issue among black

It's SJW face. It was all deformed due to prolonged exaggerated disgust at everything

>no u

I enjoyed it for the Blacksploitation-nostalgia. It was basically Shaft.

I liked it. Honestly, there's not a whole lot of good stuff on TV right now, so if LC were up against better shows I would've liked it less.

I liked it, Luke is a really likeable character, tough-man superhero with i heart of gold :D.