Bruce Lee

Not only is Bruce Lee the greatest of all time when it came to fighting prowess, Bruce Lee is also the best martial artist to have ever appeared and transitioned into acting

Prove me wrong faggots, is there a modern actor right now that could beat Bruce Lee?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94oljB0sw6Q
yahoo.com/news/mma--bruce-lee-impact-on-mixed-martial-arts-ufc-felt-nearly-40-years-after-his-death.html
youtube.com/watch?v=n7Z-tTzYTG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime probably could

youtube.com/watch?v=94oljB0sw6Q

I heard that when Jackie Chan was lesser known, he was a bad guy henchman in a Bruce Lee movie. Bruce Lee aparently hurt him. He lay on the ground in agony, while Bruce Lee apologised and picked him up. The pain had aparently subsided by then, but he still pretended because Bruce Lee was holding him.

kung fu isn't even a fighting system you dumb faggot

Lee was only good at executing elaborate choreographed movements.

anyone with even a minor knowledge of an actual martial art could kick his ass. I'm I'm not just talking about chink shit-- he couldn't beat a boxer

This is why Jackie Chan can't feel pain. After feeling the sharpest pain imaginable from one of Lee's blows, nothing he's felt since even registers.

>kung fu isn't even a fighting system you dumb faggot

Bruce Lee didn't do Kung Fu. He did Jeet Kune Do which was the basis for MMA...

>Jeet Kune Do which was the basis for MMA

top kek

You do know that Lee started Wing Chun right?

>Bruce Lee the greatest of all time when it came to fighting prowess

Wew lad, Bruce Lee is an actor first and foremost. His teacher disowned him, all his MA feats are hearsay. Even Chuck Norris is a more legit fighter than him.

bruce lee was an asian manlet who did a lot of coke, an average white man could have picked him up and put him on a high shelf, neutralising him completely

Wing Chun was in existence long before he practiced it. You mean he started with Wing Chun? Yes I know that. You also know that top mixed martial artists accredit Bruce Lee for being the founder of it right? There's a reason why Bruce Lee is on the UFC games and none of the other martial arts stars are.

>Steven Seagal
How does that prove anything?

>You also know that top mixed martial artists accredit Bruce Lee for being the founder of it right?

[source needed[

yahoo.com/news/mma--bruce-lee-impact-on-mixed-martial-arts-ufc-felt-nearly-40-years-after-his-death.html

FFs. As far as individual atheletes go. Look up Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva etc. There are tons of them that worship him.

His instructor disowned him because Bruce was sharing his martial arts with Westerners.

Chuck Norris was actually a very average fighter. Bruce was far superior. I'll take the word of guys like Bill "Superfoot" Wallace over the opinions of anons.

Kek

think you know more about martial arts than Stevie? faggot

That doesnt prove anything though

sure Lee said that 'There are no best martial arts' and that the best way to go is to adapt to every style, but thats literally horse shit, his whole JKD philosophy is so stupid that it all boils down to

>Does it work?
>yes
>Praise JKD
>Does it work?
>no
>Dont blame JKD

Theres a reason why Muay Thai and Boxing are the top striking arts while Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling is for grappling, Lee's JKD philosophy is so fucking safe that you cannot discredit it at all

>That doesnt prove anything though
What was I supposed to prove?

And there's not a single fighter in MMA that preforms straight wrestling, jits, muay thai, or boxing. You don't want to get in an MMA debate with me. You are out of your depth.

that doesnt say shit about Bruce Lee's fighting ability itself, He was a good martial arts philospher and was very ahead of his time when it comes to understanding the arts. but he wasnt a fighter

I bet you wear TAPOUT shirts nad have a body fat percentage of 30% too

So fighters mixed Boxing with wrestling and were supposed to credit Bruce Lee for that as if fighters were unable to do that without Bruce Lee's blessing?

I never fucking said he was a fighter. I just corrected the idiot who said he did "kung fu" and that anyone could beat him up.

I supposed you are pretty pissed at Pythagoras too?

> I just corrected the idiot who said he did "kung fu"

But he DID Kung Fu, Wing Chun is a kung fu

>Wing Chun is a very unique and scientific form of martial arts. Wing Chun is a style of Kung Fu that originates from China, the martial art was later refined in Hong Kong by the late Ip Man

thanks for the most retarded post i've read today

the same retardation that keeps acupuncture charlatans in business

when it comes to tests, pretty much, fuck that shit man

Bruce Lee wasn't famous for his wing chun though. literally none of it made it to screen

I bet youre the same guy who said "this is the most autistic post i've seen in 2017' last thread

but he did Kung Fu though, so theres that, and I doubt real martial arts were used in his films as most of it were choreographed to death

It's literally a fact regardless of whether he was a good fighter or not. I'm sorry facts trigger you.

I like you user

Actually a lot of western boxing, muay thai, and tae kwon do made it to screen.

Yeah but Lee did films to promote chinese martials arts as priority so he was like a more serious Jackie Chan

>I doubt real martial arts were used in his films

What else would it be? Martial arts basically just comes down to blocks, punches, and kicks, and for grappling, takedowns and controls.

you forgot

>screaming "WAAAAAAAAAAAAH/ HIYAAAAAAAO"

Bruce Lee did more to influence martial arts then "Stevie" has, that alone is enough to tell me that his opinion on Lee's status doesn't hold weight. He made better movies to boot.

True the kiai's are really hammed up for the camera and have pretty much fallen out of use today

>I heard that when Jackie Chan was lesser known, he was a bad guy henchman in a Bruce Lee movie.
Yeah, Enter The Dragon.

Bruce was the GOAT and all but lets face it, one punch from Mike Tyson in his prime would have KO'D him

fuck off

Bruce Lee was the Yamcha while Prime Tyson was Gohan who never reached his full potential because of his attitude

>is there a modern actor right now that could beat Bruce Lee?

all of them, since it's not hard to beat up a corpse

Kenshiro could

Yeah and your face aint taking an 81lb weight difference punch well no matter who you are.

>Lee
>favoring elaborate choreographed movements

LOL, go back to posting cunny threads.

Really? Have you ever tried? It's actually impossible to beat up a corpse.

I don't know much at all about Bruce Lee or martial arts in general, but I'm wondering, is he just a meme or a genuinely great fighter?

Apart from word of mouth, there isn't really much record of him tournament fighting or real life fighting, so you get people on both sides of the argument.

From what I've read and watched, he was an extremely competent martial artist by his early 20's. Around that time, though, he started becoming increasingly more interested in fitness, acting, and teaching (in that order), so he pretty much didn't pursue fighting as a sport at all from then till his death.

>word of mouth
Yeah, that's all I've really heard.
So, is there any reason to believe he's even near a "THE BESTEST FIGHTER EVER, KICKS LIKE A TRUCK" level?

Because he schooled the champions of the martial arts world in private classes. In addition to his recorded feats of strength.

not at all.

Him being the GOAT fighter is meme, but him being a good philosopher isnt, what he taught was mostly true, hes not some kind of anime weeaboo who says philosophy stuffs and is also unstoppable himself but only hides his powerlevel.

I liked Sonny Chiba's movies way more. The Streetfighter is better than any Bruce Lee movie.

He was an actor, I doubt he could compete with the current top tier boxers/MMA artists

>the greatest of all time when it came to fighting prowess
So how do you possibly know this? Because he was in movies? From the stories his family and friends tell about how he beat up some guys when there were no cameras around? Even if those were true it wouldn't be enough to proclaim him GOAT.

Bruce Lee said that a competent middleweight boxer would floor him

GO BACK TO CHINA

There was an interview with Chuck Norris about Bruce Lee and Way of the Dragon. They asked if Chuck could've beaten him if they fought for real. He dodged the question out of respect but you can tell from his mannerisms that he didn't consider Bruce much of a threat.

He was really charismatic and very good at martial arts, but the reality is that he was some 50kg chink manlet. There's not enough martial arts techniques in the fucking world to make him unbeatable to a semi-competent grown man.

These threads are great

youtube.com/watch?v=n7Z-tTzYTG0

>He dodged the question

Years earlier, before he was as arrogant and proud, he was asked the same question: "Who would win." Reportedly, he answered, immediately: "Bruce."

Post the link please.

Sorry, don't have it. I saw it years ago. It was a video interview with somebody who knew Chuck and Bruce. Just dig around youtube looking at videos about Bruce Lee's life and you'll probably come across it. There's been a couple documentaries made about the man, with interviews with people who knew him. I'd bet it comes from footage of one of those.

>"and that the best way to go is to adapt to every style"
You just proved it by saying that. Having an ill-formed opinion without locical, factual or rational basis doesn't discredit it.

This is why you. Don't use circular logic to find loopholes out of an argument. It discredits nothing and comes off as petulant whining.

He was trained in Wing Chun, he didn't invent it