One of the very few times I'll make a serious post on Sup Forums, since 99% of the time i'm baitposting rabidly...

One of the very few times I'll make a serious post on Sup Forums, since 99% of the time i'm baitposting rabidly, but here goes;

Does anyone find it deeply lamentable (and rather shameful on the part of the wealthy west) that most of the world is a shitpit of human and economic underdevelopment? It's enjoyable to casually dismiss every non-western poster as being a forgettable less-than, but this is something I assume we do only for it's provocative power and not as an expression of sincerest feelings about them. It really is tragic that apart from North America, the only countries that are more than just decently livable are in Northern & Northwestern Europe, Central Europe, Japan and ANZACland. In virtually every other country, a good QOL comparable to the typical first worlder experience is something enjoyed by a clear minority of citizens, consigning all others to a life of limited social access, persistent resource insecurity, and danger.

With all the wealth, influence, and outright hard power concentrated in our hands as westerners, what should our share of responsibility be ensuring that the rising tide of 21st century prosperity truly does lift every country, instead of widening the economic gulf between us and the rest of the world? Even on smaller regional scales, you'll still witness stark disparities such as that between US-CAN and Central America, and the sobering difference in living standards between Western and Eastern Europe. This doesn't bode well for future stability and behooves us all to play a more conscious role in not only our national well being, but also that of worse off countries.

I'm no deranged SJW, but I see this as one highly urgent humanitarian mission. It would be lovely to live in a world where the average global citizen can enjoy a lifestyle that has hitherto been the reserve of North America and Western Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/thread/79330994/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't read a word

no

shan't be reading even the smallest letter

we'll run out of oil eventually and then we'll all be in deep shit, so it doesn't matter if we lift up other countries since we will all be equal at some point anyway.

It's OK, illiteracy is pressing issue within the Arab communities.

But why? Aagin, i'm not trying to impose a "White Man's Burden" on you, but wouldn't you find the world comfier if this were a reality?

>It would be lovely to live in a world where the average global citizen can enjoy a lifestyle that has hitherto been the reserve of North America and Western Europe.
Believe it or not there are Luddites out there who don't want to be corrupted by technological laziness.

Nah, who cares.
It's not your responsibility, it's none of your business and you may only make things worse.
Better make america great again or something.

That is a preference, but the goal is to make it accessible to them, not to foist it upon them.

>It's not your responsibility, it's none of your business
This is not a good attitude to maintain towards the rest of the globe. Granted, it seems to be the American way of regarding everyone else, but it's simply unhealthy.

Why? It was not you who made other countries poor, so it's not your moral duty to make them better

I understand, but seeing that we are best poised to help. We could AT THE VERY LEAST, gear up for it and offer generous assistance.

>It was not you who made other countries poor
Yevgeny, the west has played something of a central role in the politics the last 150 years, and this hasn't ended well for a lot of countries. Let us not be dishonest.

"The west" doesn't even exist and the last 150 years it made more harm to each other than to other shitholes. Like world wars and other shit.

>"The west" doesn't even exist and the last 150 years it made more harm to each other than to other shitholes

Now you're just baiting me

they live like shit so i can live well, dont feel bad one bit, 150 years ago my ancestors were in their shoes

>150 years ago my ancestors were in their shoes
all of ours were.

no

It's like you think the world is somehow united.

When east and west Germany reunified, East was much poorer and so, the west financially helped them until today, but they only did it because it was Germans helping other Germans, a part of Germany helping another part.

Why would we help third worlder (in fact we already do) when they sure as hell wouldn't do it for us and might turn back on it the day they reach our level (which they will).

If the world was united like Germany,I think what you describe would happen naturally, but it's not the case and it probably never will

it will happen in future when travelling huge distances will be very easy and efficient, China or somebody else will genocide entire world and repopulate it with their own

>lifestyle of North America and Western Europe

>Why would we help third worlder (in fact we already do) when they sure as hell wouldn't do it for us and might turn back on it the day they reach our level (which they will).

How sure are you of this?

Though in your defense, Much of south eastern Europe, for example. is a pure shitfest that Western Europe more or less ignores, so I see what you're saying.

Also, a united world is undeniably, a noble goal, even if lofty and unrealistic.

I don't know how it is in Russia, but in Germany if you see someone lying heavily injured in the street, you legally have to help them or risk going to jail, even if you had nothing to do with them getting injured. What OP is talking about sounds similar, but on a global scale.

In a more equal setting europe would end up being peripheral (about south Americas level more or less)

what are electric vehicles

so basically lets help one another, but what if the poor countries aren't even asking for help, assistance or aid, maybe they are good as they are, adapting to their surroundings.

?

OP is talking about how bad he feels about the west living way better than the rest of the world, but he doesn't even bother to discuss whether or not they even need "development", the term "development" is only realistic in the west. To the poor countries it doesn't mean anything, it doesn't exist.

>maybe they are good as they are
Their life expectancy, crime rates, poverty rates, disease prevalence, and a host of many other human wellness metrics suggest otherwise.

But they do have development and the desire it

Well if that's the case then what they need is an authoritarian regime, maybe you Americans could ask Russians to do it, Russia would forcefully annex poor countries and build libraries, schools and such infrastructure for them, teach them the Russian and English language, culture and other good stuff, and the poor countries would learn how to live as decent human beings. i think this is a great solution, even tho we're living in 21st century, poor countries need to experience these things to learn.

I only bothered to read the first few lines but the answer is 'no'

It's their own fault for being weak and stupid, Britain won her wealth fair and square

Not everything is an attack on Britain user

That shit doesn't work.

Says a Canadian, you should have seen how the Russians do it, post soviet countries these days feel very triggered, yet smart, now it's time for the other poor countries that are behind from the 1st world to learn.

He's talking about colonialism and we were the biggest and best at it

>I only bothered to read the first few lines but the answer is 'no'

At least you can read.

He never talked about it.

stop trying to act like you got it all figured out you tryhard.

nice post man, it was nice reading it all

>Does anyone find it deeply lamentable (and rather shameful on the part of the wealthy west) that most of the world is a shitpit of human and economic underdevelopment?
No. We've been there ourselves, just because we've already finished that part of developing doesn't mean it never happened or we should feel shame for already completing it.
Consider suicide.

Many of those nations were doing decent or okay before Soviet occupation. On top of that you forget that these sort of things always come with huge caveats or manipulations that can fuck shit up in the long run.

Also people don't like living in paternalistic systems like that because it's pretty demeaning.

Get a gym membership you useless fatfuck. I can hear your labored breathing through my monitor.

let them in already

those countries being like that are their peoples own fault and they constantly try to drag us down to their level

fuck them

are you that guy just going into every thread and calling americans fat? calm yourself

>all these edgelords pretending to be on the 20th century

>all these Sudaca shitskin posters in this thread
I thought that OP was only addressing western Europeans and Nortacas

>build africans a nice country with modern western living standards
>they go full ooga booga with ak's and rape and murder all the evil whiteys, and any africans who collaborated with the west
>then beg for aid from the west
>we give it to them
>they still hate us and start killing white people

why should these people deserve a second chance?

top lyl

>build africans a nice country with modern western living standards
Nice. Where is it though?

>they go full ooga booga with ak's and rape and murder all the evil whiteys, and any africans who collaborated with the west
What? I haven't seen any european or american nation warring with an african one after WW2.

>then beg for aid from the west
>we give it to them
>they still hate us and start killing white people
Again, where?

Also, do you honestly something as big as Africa has only one culture? They have good places and shitty places just like any continent too, you know.

I agree with you. But there is another problem. The usage of natural resources. If everyone lived like American (the biggest users of resources) we would be in deep shit very, very fast. Even today we are draining the resources faster than they are being generated.

There is also a matter of societies as whole. As a person living in Slavic country, I'm not convinced that my country can ever truly prosper, because of state of society. Nothing is transparent, nothing is done by the book, etc. Successful societies are build on order, not on resources they command. They are build on will of people to achieve something great. I feel that poor countries lack this.

>If everyone lived like American (the biggest users of resources) we would be in deep shit very, very fast. Even today we are draining the resources faster than they are being generated.

This, and it's really alarming.
>There is also a matter of societies as whole. As a person living in Slavic country, I'm not convinced that my country can ever truly prosper, because of state of society. Nothing is transparent, nothing is done by the book, etc
That seems awfully pessimistic desu

> That seems awfully pessimistic desu
It's the state of the country, plain and simple. Young people are leaving the country and going to Germany or Ireland. If you have no connections you are no one.

He's just using hyperbole which makes it hard to discuss these things with facts when you basically are dealing with a guy who can't converse like a decent person irl lol.

Nature doesn't produce equality, that's Darwinism 101. Some organisms will always have a competitive advantage over others.

Why bring up Darwinism (doesn't even apply to this scenario). it's such a non-sequiter

t. 1820 Sociologist of the Year award winner.

The OP sounds like this and apparently he also has the history knowledge of a 15 year old.

desuarchive.org/int/thread/79330994/

Doesn't matter you post was still nonsensical as fuck.