Shame. Shame on the house of Ptolemy

Shame. Shame on the house of Ptolemy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68
ptolemaeus.ytmnd.com/
history.stackexchange.com/questions/17072/average-height-of-ancient-roman-men-and-women
youtu.be/B7HHrkoac0o
youtu.be/EFQWlmlYUfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CONSOLE
OF
ROME

It's Consul retard.

No, he quite clearly says CONSOLE

Who /XIII/ here?

Trve roman thread, for trve romans

THIRTEENTH

bonus

Roman law

HE WORSHIPS DOGS AND REPTILES

HE BLACKENS HIS EYES WITH SOOT

I swear this and Star ship troopers are the only two things Sup Forums agrees on as being good

Star Shit Pooers is not good

You are Rome's Helen of Troy
But then a woman's role has always suited you best

The master and commander as well I think

I respect Cicero for being unrivaled in the art of bantz by any other human in history, but man was he a cunt.

Is there any other kind of law, you wretched woman?

he was a true Roman

They piss on my face?

THEY -PISS- ON MY -FACE-?!

[Gets stabby]

Is it true they had to cut the second season short, or ran out of money or something? It seemed rushed at the end

Was Agrippa \our guy\?

I wager any amount of money it was Gauls. Thieves, the lot of them.

BBC backed out and HBO didn't want to finance it on their own since it was expensive as hell. Original plan was 7 seasons or something

It was prohibitively expensive to film. Originally there was supposed to be at least 5 seasons. Season two would have ended where Brutus died, seasons three and four focusing on Antony in Egypt and season 5 following the story of Christ.

the console of rome was an oculus rift?

>Season two would have ended where Brutus died, seasons three and four focusing on Antony in Egypt and season 5 following the story of Christ.
This is fan wank, idle speculation long after it was cancelled.

Yeah I heard they paid for an entire city to be built for the set and it cost a fucking bomb.

Wouldn't have mattered, it was all destroyed in a fire.

really? it always looked cheap as fuck and fake imho.

Niro, pls.
Legit got chills the first time I saw this scene. So powerful.

Nah bruh, romes set pieces and accessories were top notch

The eternal Anglo strikes again

Fun fact: Pullo and Vorenus were both centurions briefly mentioned by Caesar in De Bello Gallico.

good bread, this

HE WAS A CONSUL

OF ROOOOOOOOOME

TODAY'S BREAD IS PROVIDED BY THE GUILD OF MILLERS

TRUE ROMAN BREAD

FOR TRUE ROMANS

>Ptolemy
How do you pronounce this?

Tol-emi

pah-tih-all-of-me

Never heard a bad thing about The Thing either. Why has Sup Forums such patrician tastes?

why can't English speakers pronounce pt or ps?

>mfw HBO scrapped this show for Game of Plebs

>6 foot tall irish guy playing a 5' 8" roman guy he has zero resemblance to
t-thanks anglos

caesar's life before he seized power is more interesting than his life after he seized power, but movies and tv shows never cover it

who the hell wouldnt want to watch a movie about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68

ay yo johhnny

VILE
NILOTIC
RITES

And neither was in the 13th Legion.

Hinds looks fairly mediterranean if you ask me. Pic related is also Irish.

Nigga, we have no idea how tall Caesar was, only that he was described by others as 'tall'.

>Hinds looks fairly mediterranean if you ask me.
only if you utterly ignore bone structure

they don't look roman
we know that 5' 10" in roman inches was the minimum height for the tallest guys in the army, which translates to 172cm today

we also know that the gauls were noticably taller than all the romans, and gauls were about as tall as we are today

ergo he was 5' 8" at the most/ least

source: de rei militari

I'm singing
Ptolemy
Everything is all right,
I'll be the one to tuck you in at night,
And if you want to leave I can guarantee
You won't find nobody else like me,

>being so autistic you want the actors to have the same 1:1 as Caesar.
Do you also want them to speak Latin?

I enjoy all Cicero moment, he might be a cunt, but at least he genuinely believes that what he did is for the greater good.

Also, he has one of the best death scene in the series, probably only Brutus or his mother have better

>being so autistic you want the actors to have the same 1:1 as Caesar.
i want them to have some resemblance, not no resemblance whatsoever

either get a white guy with similar face and build, or get some shitskin with a similar build, or get some shitskin with a similar face

not some irish nobody with a different build, face and skin tone why even make a show about the character if you're not going to do it right

The guy literally did a thing in the series, but at least he made it out alive instead of provoking Octavian's rage.

You do realize that the Italians of today resemble nothing of the Romans of Caesar's period, right?

>i want them to have some resemblance
Pic related is one of the only two busts that is a genuine Caesar bust. If you ask me I think Hinds looks fairly similar to him, he doesn't have 1:1 bone structure but there's some similarity. The bust you provided in wasn't even made during Caesar's lifetime, so don't go into an autistic fit about resemblance if you don't even know what Caesar looked like. And besides, busts were usually the idealistic depiction of a person.

>tfw I own the DVD set and routinely get to introduce friends to this masterpiece

>You do realize that the Italians of today resemble nothing of the Romans of Caesar's period, right?
hence why i said shitskins and not italians

romans were unequivocally shitskin manlets with weak bone structure tho
>he doesn't have 1:1 bone structure but there's some similarity.
you're blind

look at the entire lower half of the face

why is he smug bros?

>de rei militari
>5th century

Fuck off, Vegetius. Attributing Imperial legion doctrine to pre-Empire anything is a stupid generalization, and a tragic mistake. Also, broad-painting "all Gauls were taller than all Romans" is patently ridiculous, and also not supported by archaeology.

tl;dr we have no idea how tall Caesar was, and you're an idiot.

My point still stands, there's no point in trying to find a 1:1 looking Caesar because no one knows what Caesar looked like back in the day. Trying to find a resemblance is pointless especially in a non historical show like HBO Rome. Anything before photography is merely a depiction of what they looked like, not the reality.

ptolemaeus.ytmnd.com/

Pompey was the Sega Dreamcast of triumvirs.

Marry Fuck Kill of the characters
>Marry Octavia
>Fuck Cleopatra
>Kill Jocasta

yeah that's right romans during the republic were obviously titanic ubermensch who only became manlets during the empire
> Also, broad-painting "all Gauls were taller than all Romans" is patently ridiculous, and also not supported by archaeology.
it is literally what caesar says "our short stature is a matter of much contempt to the men of gaul"
>there's no point in trying to find a 1:1 looking Caesar because no one knows what Caesar looked like back in the day.
we know what romans in general looked like and we know what whites back then looked like
>Trying to find a resemblance is pointless especially in a non historical show like HBO Rome.
it is based on real historical characters
>Anything before photography is merely a depiction of what they looked like, not the reality.
people posed for busts

>tfw this was real

You shall leave this city or I will declare our alliance broken. I will have this sad story read in the forum, I will have it posted in every city in Italy, and you know the people are not so liberal with their wives as you. They shall say you wear cuckolds horns; they shall say your wife betrayed you with a low-born plebe on my staff. You will be a figure of fun. The proles will laugh at you in the street. Your soldiers will mock you behind your back.

Fuck Atia
Marry Octavia
Kill Cleopatra

>short hair

>romans were unequivocally shitskin manlets with weak bone structure tho
>thinks Latins were Romans and all Romans had Latin qualities

no i think that romans were shitskin manlets

because they were

Fuck Atia
Kill Servilia
Marry Pullo

>it is literally what caesar says "our short stature is a matter of much contempt to the men of gaul"

Caesar's Commentaries were written for public consumption, of course he's going to play up the Gauls and Germans as being larger-than-life titans and dread foes that he and his heroic Legions manage to beat time and again despite their "disadvantages", which again, are not supported by archaeology and are, in fact, Caesar bullshitting for the audience.

Did a gypsy psychic show you a past life where you saw this for yourself? Please, by all means, regale us on how well-versed you are in Etruscan now that you've reclaimed these keen memories from time long past, we've been needing a primer since forever.

He died with dignity. At least Pullo gave him a quick Roman death.

>All citizens, be aware that the vassal, Prince Herod, Tetrarch of Galilee, has come to the city. By order of the triumvirate, during his residence here, all mockery of Jews and their one god shall be kept to an appropriate minimum

>Caesar's Commentaries were written for public consumption, of course he's going to play up the Gauls and Germans as being larger-than-life titans
you are saying that every roman who came into contact with the gauls was a liar? because pretty much all of themsay the gauls were tall
>Nearly all the Gauls are of a lofty stature, fair and ruddy complexion: terrible from the sternness of their eyes, very quarrelsome, and of great pride and insolence. A whole troop of foreigners would not be able to withstand a single Gaul if he called his wife to his assistance who is usually very strong and with blue eyes
>Imperial regulations, though not entirely unambiguous, suggest that the minimum height for new recruits was five Roman feet, seven inches (165 cm., 5'5") ... for the army as a whole a reasonable estimate of a soldier's average height is around 170 cm (5'7").
history.stackexchange.com/questions/17072/average-height-of-ancient-roman-men-and-women

never, the secrets of the Etruscans dies with me. farewell

i will not let you "people" erase manlet history

>all mockery of Jews and their one god shall be kept to an appropriate minimum
Kek

who has the best reaction faces on rome and why is it lucius vorenus?

>why is it lucius vorenus?
Because he is never happy.

fortune pisses on him and you can't help but empathize

Then house of Ptolemy had been building up shame for several centuries at that point.

Check out The Caesars, it was shot on videotape in the sixties.
youtu.be/B7HHrkoac0o

~uguu

Yup. This is really the only depiction of Julius Caesar's face that we have. All the others are reinterpretations. He collected jewels and had a high-pitched voice. He's said to be fairly 'slight' in build.

Never seen an Egyptian painting with eyes that far apart!

Having half as many great grandparents as a normal non-inbred family will do that to you.

The Cleopatras takes place about 150 B.C., whereas The Caesars begins much later in 14 A.D.

youtu.be/EFQWlmlYUfg

They were written by the same man, Philip Mackie. Be advised that this show contains toplessness throughout, although it's free from harsh language.

Michelle Newell (left) plays Cleopatra II in 150 B.C. and young Cleopatra VII, who enters the drama around 46 B.C.