How do we bring manufacturing jobs back to the west?

How do we bring manufacturing jobs back to the west?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i can report this thread

They aren't coming back.

You know how farming used to be 30% of jobs in the early 20th century, and now it's 1-3%?

That's manufacturing's fate with automation.

Trade tariffs

If by automation you mean sweat shops in Asia

No more trade with the outside world other than oil and minerals.

>reduce labour protection and hiring laws to become a exception safety net and not the norm
>reduce environmental regulation and bureaucracy
>simplify tax codes
>get rid of minimum wage

Shut you fucking mouth bitch. Manufacturering jobs are all going to be replaced by robots.

Remove this you cunt, nobody wants to look at this cheap sluts flesh.

importation tarrifs

taxes for companies that outsource

eliminate the international carbon tax

repeal nafta

FUCKING DONE

End the major trade agreements like NAFTA and TPP. Raise our tariffs and make owning a company not based and run in America to expensive. This will force people who want to make money in the us to hire people here and make goods here that or pay through the nose to make them elsewhere and ship them back. It will be chaos for a few years but after that things will get drastically better.

Start civil wars in the cities, force people to move out to the countryside. Build houses. Build factories. Make weapons.

Okay and why would any of this make company x want to spend more to manufacturer stuff at home than abroad?

Too bad lobbyists make good money for politicians :S

This, a million times! China and Germany would go to shit.

>How do we bring manufacturing jobs back to the west?

As long as people want bigger cars, bigger houses, bigger meals, better electronics, cheaper food and better clothes etc the manufacturing jobs won't come back.

Farms got more efficient, although animal-based requires relatively little later, plant farming still requires a shitload of farmhands to pick shit.

Manufacturing was sent overseas to sweatshops.

Nigga do you really want that shit?
Nigga, come to the US and work in a box factory, spend 8 hours glueing boxes together. Do it. Then tell me you want that shit.

how do we bring blacksmith jobs back?

All companies doing business in America must buy and use American made products.

Protectionism

>faggot detected

They won't. It's over. We need to just all nuke each other before the globalists win.

Well that's kind of the problem. We're now at the point that many people are starting to not care about their own countries when it comes to making a buck.

And every car will fly and self drive. Automation is the narrative globalist use to make morons like you feel like being de-industrialized is inevitable.

Look at all this "Automation" at the apple sweat shop in china

>The economy used to be heavily based on agriculture
>Then the economy used to be heavily based on manufacturing
>Then the economy was heavily based on banking, investment, and money lending
>Now the millennial generation gets jobs doing nothing but making coffee and blogging about music

>The year is 2036

>YOU GUYS. HOW WILL WE EVER BRING BLOGGING JOBS BACK TO THE WEST????

We automate all the manufacturing and become self sufficient

Are you stupid? Gay?

By working harder you lazy fuck

>they took our jurbs

Better than spending eight hours selling useless overpriced junk to idiots for minimum wage.

And this is part of the problem too, and is an issue with farming/ranching as well. No one wants their kid to be picking lettuce. People are super spoiled in America at this point that anything blue-collar related is seen as a mortal sin outside of rural areas.

Source: Lived in Los Angeles for most of my life and now in Rural Sierras for last 2 years.

We have a lot of manufacturing jobs coming back to USA becuase of our extremely low domestic energy prices from unconventional oil&gas (fracking, horizontal drilling etc).

They are good high paying jobs, but use a lot of automation so there are far less jobs than there were previously.

then go make a machine that sells junk

All of you unskilled, uneducated need to accept your role in the food chain and work for garbage wages. Trump will get the market ready for those jobs through deregulation.

literally import taxes

You're an idiot. There are no jobs and the jobs that do exist don't pay enough to pay for your home

>tariffs on imports of finished goods
>cut down on legal immigration
>reform the VISA system
>build the wall
>put country of origin labeling on all goods(Chamber of Commerce has lobbied for years against this)
>take focus away from 4 year college for unqualified people(no more affirmative action for enrollment in universities public and private)

You make manufacturing at home more competitive. All things being equal manufacturing at home is more appealing as it reduces supply chain costs.

Foolish little bitch. Google has self driving cars now. Instead of being a little nigger, why don't you become a robot maker or a robot repairer before those jobs are replaced by robots? this is the way of the future. Globalism is the future. We will all be one people, on our iPhones, eating mcdonalds, shopping online and listening to the new Beyoncé album. GET OVER IT.

The point of making those changes is to not be more expensive to produce in your country.
It's more efficient to produce your products near the people that will buy them, so it at least should not be expensive enough to motivate the company to leave the country.
Also developed countries have more security, stability and IP protection laws, and those are added in the overall cost.

3D Printing and cybernetics

I work in a factory. It's actually quite fulfilling to end the day seeing how much stuff you've made. I'm also in the best shape of my life since each day is pretty much an endurance run as I work on the fastest line in the plant.

>literally 1/4 of the population should be peasant landserfs
>mind-crushing ignorance and poverty

romanticizing about farm life is absolutely pleb-tier economic heresey. Before they automated farming life was shit for 95% of the population and people starved.

>3D Printing and cybernetics
good post Hue

did you by chance attend college in America?

For $20 an hour with benefits

Yes nigga they would be beating off applicants with sticks.

Or we can not have trade tariffs and stick with Chinese "Automation" pic related

Become an isolationist country again

Ah salami lickum brother, I agree she should be fully covered from head to toe

It is degenerate otherwise!

Tax Chinese imports more.

Stop subsidizing mail from China to USA with American tax dollars (can you fuckign believe it?).

The kraut jew with the gigantic trade surplus shows us his greedy head once more

they make the literal retards do that here user

>$0.50 has been added to your account

You don't.

Unless you want to destroy capitalism.

Fine business owners that outsource labor overseas.

Social engineering. Convince consumers that people will think they are uncool if they buy foreign made goods.

Bring back customer service jobs too. I don't want to talk to pajeet on the phone holy shit

Jesus, do you want them to bring back the Spinning Jenny as well. Mass manufacturing is a stage you go through during industrialisation before you can become an advanced nation.

Why do you tards want to go backwards. Our shit-for-brains working class should just be shown how to wipe arses and maintain robots. Why invest trillions in manufacturing when you can just get brown people to dig your coal up for nothing?

It's more cost effective to just pay those fucking idiots in the North and Wales to live on benefits than to try and train them to do an adult 21st century job.

Even in some hypothetical situation where this actually happened, all that would mean is that corporation would invest more and fast track automation. Kind of what's happening now with fast food kiosks because of the 15 min wage threat.

Plentiful, well paying manufacturing jobs are gone and they aren't coming back, stop wasting your precious brain lightening thinking aboot it.

This level of autism is impressive, how do you even know how to use a keyboard?

>sweat shops in Asia

asians are pretty much robots

maybe even lower

>can't even make a basic argument without being a cunt

God I love stupid people like you. Entertaining as hell.

They already have dozens of them and millions of retards willing to do the same job a machine can do cheaper. The point is 80% of humanity is useless and we are reaching the point where someone will need to do something about that 80%. Its the 80/20 rule.

have the lowest taxes on the planet and spend only 75% of revenues per year.

why do we have to fund so much pork like "Klan Watch". There are 10 Klansmen per state on,average yet we give billions to black groups to patrol their neighborhoods. I personally have never seen any black any where patrolling for any thing. Except maybe a dime bag.

No dear friend, I did not.

Removing the biggest job sector is progress goy

It takes about a day to make an iPhone and about $175 to produce it in China. Meanwhile these chinks are offing themselves left and right over the stress of the job.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides
>In response to the suicides, Foxconn substantially increased wages for its Shenzhen factory workforce,[44] installed suicide-prevention netting,[45] brought in Buddhist monks to conduct prayer sessions inside the factory,[36] and asked employees to sign no-suicide pledges.[46] Workers were also forced to sign a legally binding document guaranteeing that they and their descendants would not sue the company as a result of unexpected death, self-injury, or suicide.

But this is just how it goes in a """global economy""".

>get rid of minimum wage
What's the rationale behind this?

KILL THE UNIONS
I
L
L

T
H
E

U
N
I
O
N
S

>industry wont be completely automated and cars wont drive themselves

>Unironically posts on Sup Forums
>calls others autistic

You guys are delusional. Can't wait to check up on you fucking CHILDREN when Hillary wipes the floor with trump.

Chinese Automation pic related

congrats that the shitstorm hit you before it hit us

at least now you have a clear conscience on what you can do to save your country

Paying people their worth rather than an arbitrary amount set by politicians who have never run a business.

Case in point, fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour for flipping burgers, regardless of cost of living.

Fair trade credits. Small biz get's them.

pay em welfare, just make it enough to maintain their existence.

then point to them as an example of why education and birth control are important.

You mean before or after the waves of crime and the floods of illegals that will cripple the nation, destroy our economy, and propel us into a third world hell from which we wont even have the weapons we need to escape.

Not even trips can help this one. If you become totally isolated you are limited by the wealth that's is inside your country. There will always be places with people working for less, or countries caring less for the environment and bureaucracy, or consumer and labor rights that will create even cheaper products.

Not only the companies will leave your country but the population that wants cheap products will do too.

Who said that a shitload of people should be farmers/ranchers? What I'm saying is NO ONE wants to be one and we shit on people who are regularly. And then we shit on the mexicans who will do it for cheap. And then we shit on farmers/ranchers again when prices shoot up for food because we don't want to use mexicans. Then farmers/ranchers point to labor cost.

a lot of tariffs for every product the country can produce

tariffs high enough to make it not worth outsourcing. duh

IT would be a true free market. Employers could offer better services by having more people on staff and getting more done. The workers are free to accept the job or not. The free market determines whether the particular wage is too or not.

The problem with no minimum wage is or welfare system. That makes people think wages should be higher because the handouts are better than minimum wages.

Nope it wont....Small manufactures will not be able to afford massive robots that need constant repairs. If you tax jews at the border they will bring the jobs back and hire Americans on our terms. Our market is the most important in the world they will do what we say.

Globalism is asking for monopolies the one weakness in capitalism

It's tricky and possibly pointless while there are still developing countries with weak currencies that enable you to save so much money by manufacturing overseas.

I think the trick is marketing goods manufactured in as premium goods (and thusly worth spending enough to cover the costs of factory wages in first world countries). For example people still buy German cars despite the higher price because they're viewed as exceptionally high quality, and the only reason we manage to manufacture anything for export in NZ is that we've somehow turned "made in NZ" into a selling point.

wage is too low or not*

I hardly think I'll be able to do something, even though I graduated as a civil engineer, I ended up becoming a public servant.

apple (foxconn) has halved their workforce due to automation since 2014.

I really really like that image

is shit.

>Globalism
>automation

Pick one nerd

When you can deploy an automatic iphone factory on American soil you have no need for other countries' cheap labour. The only foreign part of the supply chain will be the raw material extraction

Automation will kill globalism dead

Help Trump win

Great way to fuck over all domestic consumers. Economy's sure going to boom when shit you used to be able to buy for $10 now costs $100.

companies that cannot afford automation will cease to exist as automation will make products cheaper.

end nafta

WW3, blow up all of the East / Second World and all the industry returns to wonderful USA & Canada again.

Also, Mexico & South America needs to be bombed too.

Get off the internet, Muhammed

Well you also have to cut taxes and restructure labor laws a wee-bit. All in all it's possible but it won't bring back all the jobs. It's still worth it though even if we can only get 10-20 million manufacturing jobs that would largely eliminate unemployment. America is big enough and strong enough to be self sustainable and not dependent on foreign goods with a few exceptions when it comes to raw minerals most of which we could probably get from Australia if we wanted to make a decent trade partnership with them.

Well whats next? Are we just gonna be complacent with our crappy retail jobs?

I took a college class my final semester with a shitload of exchange student Brazilian engineers (I'm an Electrical Engineer).

You should've came here to study. I heard the government gives you free edu because the country is in shambles and they need educated people.

>used to be able to buy for $10 now costs $100
Nice exaggeration. Prices will increase but not to anywhere near that extent. Hell, the cost of an American produced iPhone would only be a little less than $100 more on the consumer end.

Oh sweet little redditor, have we made you angry? I'm waiting for some *tips Fedora*

Low wage jobs should be for apprentices, young people and students. People starting their professional life that are more worried about collecting some experience than a pay check.
But with so many good jobs gone, more and more people that should not be working for a low wage are. (older people, heads of family). So there is this "need"for a minimum wage so this people that should not be at that job be able to support their needs.But if you bring back good jobs, the low paying jobs go back to whom should have them, and you get more young, inexperienced people that are not worth 15 an hour, get any job for what they are worth.