Battle of Hogwarts

Hey, Sup Forums. How do you like film portrayal of Battle of Hogwarts? I think it was very poorly made.

>Everybody uses same stupid spell
>McGonagall vs Snape was boring af. No swords, no fire, no snake. Professor of transfiguration does zero transfiguration.
>We don't really see other teachers and we don't get to see Emma Thompson throwing crystal balls onto Death Eaters
>We don't see Fred, George, Percy, Luna, Ginny and others fighting
>Only one giant, no centaurs helping
>No Yaxley vs George Weasley and Lee Jordan
>No Dolohov vs Flitwick
>No Ron and Neville vs Fenrir Greyback
>No Arthur and Percy vs minister of magic
>No Voldemort vs McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley simultaneously

We just get Harry and Voldemort chasing themselves. Also Bellatrix dies stupid way and Voldemort dies more stupid way.

I expected something big after Half Blood Prince where they just let Bellatrix destroy everything and there was zero fight. And yes, I am book nerd who wants to see big fight at the end and have everything like in book. I would accept film version if had more emotions, but this was just stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqyf-kJWwIg
youtube.com/watch?v=IaxkSlvwzpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Basically all the Harry Potter films are shite after the first 3, David Yates is a fucking horrible and boring director

>>No Voldemort vs McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley simultaneously
I was missing this so much

and Bellatrix vs. Molly was a total letdown

I thought it was dull

>Bellatrix kills george
>all weasleys drop whatever the fuck they are doing and combo Trix's ass
>Ron casts Expelliarmus
>ginny casts stupify
>Dad weasley casts Wingardium Leviosa
>Mom weasley casts stone spell
>other twin casts a spell that shatters here

in the movie
>molly 1v1 the 2nd most dangerous wizard and won

>>>No Voldemort vs McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley simultaneously

Literally the only thing I'm mad at. The movies elevated Harry to some Elder God king status who did everything alone.

I would make it a battle in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

This one feels joyless desu

You should stop posting the dullest copypasta in the history of copypastas. Seriously each thread about the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains is now indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy rhetoric, the pasta’s only consistency has been its lack of humor and ineffective use of repetition, all to make trolling unfunny, to make shitposting seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when anons vetoed the idea of using a different image each time: they made sure the pasta would never be remixed or worked upon? just ridiculously profitable cross-thread pandering for (You)s. The Harry Potter copypasta might be anti-kino (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Banepost in its refusal of innovation, applicability and funniness. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>b-but it's board culture though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the pasta is terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time it is posted, the user merely changes the first sentence. I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was the only attempt made to contextualize it to the topic of the thread. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sup Forums's mind is so governed by cliches and stale memes that it has no other style of shitposting. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the Harry Potter copypasta by a Redditor. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these anons are shitposting about Harry Potter on Sup Forums, then when they get older they will go on to make memes on Reddit. And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you use the "Harry Potter" copypasta you are, in fact, being trained to make Reddit memes.

Yeah I've never understood why people (even on /tv) praise Deathly Hallows Pt 2 so much. Easily the most disappointing film for someone who's read the books.

Because this sequence was better than in the books.

youtube.com/watch?v=iqyf-kJWwIg

Snape is worst character ever. "He is cruel but he loved someone, so it's okay." No, that is just stupid and doesn't make his character good.

It's almost like filming these scenes for a movie was more complex and expensive than writing about them

10/10 would read again

but that's what happened

>atlas shrugged
>god tier

lmao, fuck off nerd

snape could have been cool but he was a cuck over his oneitis he could never get over

>part where they tell all the slytherins to go to the dungeon
>AS IF BEING IN SLYTHERIN MEANS YOU ARE A DEATH EATER/SUPPORT THE DEATH EATERS/VOLDEMORT

why does JK rowling do this, why is she such a dumb cunt

"muh ebul slytherin neonazi house"

It was last movie in series and it could have been first big battle in series. They could have give them few more millions.

Had to differentiate themselves from Twilight

This is grotesquely underrated.

Top kek. Nice if you wrote this and didn't just copy.

JK Rowling is a liberal who likes to think of her books as opposing fascism, despite not realising that fascism was defeated by brutal violence and years of war.

See; the heroes of Harry Potter refusing to kill.

wow evolution is real

>>McGonagall vs Snape was boring af. No swords, no fire, no snake. Professor of transfiguration does zero transfiguration.

I never watch this shit, why were they fighting? Aren't they on the same side?

He was interesting until book 3 and then he got the fanfiction treatment. What a waste, but that's JK for you.

That's some sweet Anti-pasta you got there user.

youtube.com/watch?v=IaxkSlvwzpo

the soundtrack was good at least

did you even read the book retard?
it was molly vs bellatrix, big momma even stopped ppl from helping her with bellatrix

great work