Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxcvVdIgyBA
youtube.com/watch?v=P3gx7CSXEzo
youtube.com/watch?v=nsIxJZ8u0H0
youtube.com/watch?v=IdMlfjqZeOA
youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A big, oul hairy arse

How popular is Father Ted and is it considered pretty good?

Found it on accident while searching for Father Brown.

>How popular is Father Ted and is it considered pretty good?
It's considered a comedy classic, for taking the piss out of the caholic clergy, and religion in general.

Hard to tell. Everyone in Ireland love it by default, some Americans and Canadians seem to like it, too. It's from a very specific place and time, so you'd think it'd be niche, but some of the situations are just funny regardless. It's a very consistent show with some stand out great episodes.

July 19th? I wouldn't know Ted ya big bollocks.

Top 10 comedy kinos of all time

I DON'T BELIEVE IT

BIZZARE IRREGULARITIES

IN HIS

A
C
C
O
U
N
T
S

The dubs in here are small. The quads out there are far away

*tips*
No, it has a few digs, but it's restrained enough.
The real reason it's liked is because it affectionately captures a certain type of Irish social culture that more or less died the decade after it, and because the actors and comedic timing is Simpsons-tier.

Here we are now

All the lads

Someone post the Father Stack music

I just thank you all now for coming along and ask you to stand for our national anthem

I HEAR YOU'RE A LIBKEK NOW FATHER

youtube.com/watch?v=OxcvVdIgyBA

as part of the Sup Forums Father Ted revival which started a few weeks back I've been rewatching the show.

I've been surprised at the weakness of the bad episodes. That fucking sheep episode was atrocious.

but when it's good it's early Simpsons level.

In fact, I think Father Ted has more in common with the more abstract American comedies of the early 90s (Simpsons, Get A Life, Married With Children, and some Seinfeld) than it does with English comedy.

>that priest who just makes monkey noises and people understand
>the dancing priest
>the sarcastic priest
>the milkman supervisor who wanted to buy creepshots of Pat Mustard
>the priest who destroys everything
>the angsty teenage priest
>the bishop who gets the holy stone shoved up his arse

Did this show have the greatest one episode characters ever bar the Simpsons?

>That fucking sheep episode was atrocious

Fuck you that one's great

It could definitely get very surreal at times. It actually reminds me a lot of golden age Simpsons with an Irish flair.

youtube.com/watch?v=P3gx7CSXEzo

WAKE
FROM YOUR SLEEP

I'd go so far as to say they were better than The Simpsons for it even. Near-on every character on Father Ted is a classic.

GOBSHITE IS ON Sup Forums AGAIN

>Everyone in Ireland love it by default
No. Only in retrospect do people think this. First season there was major controversy. Back in 1996, the Catholic Church was still sacrosanct - any mockery of it was considered an attack on Ireland. There was discussion and debate on whether Linehan was attacking Ireland through his work, even led to a debate on the Late Late Show (Irish version).

Linehan really is bit of a cunt though, just check out his twitter now. Man is in a permanent state of butthurt because people have the temerity to disagree with him.

Yeah he's a dopey cunt in reality

youtube.com/watch?v=nsIxJZ8u0H0

As evidenced in this documentary, wherein Linehan and the infinitely more likeable Arthur Matthews return to the parochial house 10 years on and a kid from a visiting family (the owners run it as a tea house for tourists) has the temerity to state she doesn't like the series and Linehan spends much of the rest of the documentry grumbling that an 11 year old doesn't like his magnum opus. He's genuinely furious. What a colossal twat the man is.

Yeah, that's the reason it was a Channel 4 program, of course. But the show has, undoubtedly, taken a place in the Irish consciousness. I meant today, there's nary an Irish person who doesn't like the show.

And yeah, Linehan's a complete faggot.

It's so weird though - how is it possible that such a thin skinned man was able to write Black Books and IT Crowd? Arthurs can be credited for Father Ted, and Morris for Black Books, but IT Crowd is Linehan's. It's so incongruous to me how such an uptight prick could write good humour.

>That fucking sheep episode was atrocious.
FUCKIN' 'ELL

Wait that's the one he's talking about? I thought I had forgotten another one, what fucking yank prick doesn't like the sheep episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=IdMlfjqZeOA

this is the shit episode

Your right. The best episodes are absurd in a way that has no parallel in English humour.
When Father Ted is bad though, it's fucking awful though.

Monkey Priest is in two episodes. Flight into Terror and another one. Maybe when Father Jack 'dies'?

It was made by an English tv station...

jesus. if he didn't die Dermot Morgan would literally be the toast of Hollywood-- he would honestly have won the oscar if he got the right role.

The last episode of the series therefore has an unintended meaning.

> This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
AH YES

Doctor Who is made by an American station.

>they haven't blocked it in mine
there are no bad episodes

I believe it was produced by a British channel, Channel 4, where it aired, but its actors and writers were Irish. It was a co-production.

>there are no bad episodes
The one with the author who becomes a nun is really weak.

Moron.

I live literally, LITERALLY less than an hour from Ireland
fuck

>isn't that always the way
proven wrong

Just sign up to 4ondemand m8. They have all the episode there, plus Darkside.

Ride me sideways was another one

Get your bollocks out of my face!

Fuck your fucking wife

youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

I remember my english teacher in secondary school explaining how when it first aired, that episode didn't have the "fucking hell" said in the background, but they added it in afterwards, which is why it sounds like it wasnt recorded in the same scene

>Man is in a permanent state of butthurt because people have the temerity to disagree with him.

So he's like the average poster here then

My cousin directed that documentary. He said Linehan was nice but really strange

He's like Hitler! No - worse than Hitler!

>that priest who's fine, thanks