Will this show get cancelled?

Will this show get cancelled?

Probably, which makes me sad.

I fucking hope not.

Broadcast numbers aren't great, around 700k. But apparently DVR numbers are up 134%, around 1.7 million.

It's SyFy, they cancel everything good, so yeah, probably.

i just started it. its slow but it gets better.

I wonder. It is their best show. They can close the channel as well

Every episode of season 2 has been goat

>people act like this is some good show with a dynamic plot
>it's just some cheesy syfy garbage in the vein of dark matter, defiance, alphas, etc

I hate you people so much

This desu

Episode 2, the attack of Toth Station was handled poorly. Very, very poorly. They fucked up the look of the station (it's supposed to be well-lit, comfortable, with carpeted floors and decorative plants) and instead we just got a spooky place with no lights. The doctors are all sociopaths, not hooked up to some goofy machine. Dresden is supposed to be a tall, immaculately put together person, not some weasly guy who doesn't comb is hair. His charisma is important to the plot, and Miller's decision. Also, the battle was just really weird, and I have no idea why they changed it up from the two-ship surprise.

The episodes after that are better, but season 2 is taking some really weird liberties with the book. They fucked up Miller's motivation for staying on Eros too.

I feel like the first season was made with love, and a lot of that is missing now.

Probably, hopefully.

It's a terrible bastardization of the books.

so the books are worth reading?

>I hate you people so much
No one cares.

Netflix will probably buy the rights then.

>it's just some cheesy syfy garbage in the vein of dark matter, defiance, alphas, etc
don't forget firefly

Yes they're worth picking up especially the first three, there's a dip in quality at book four though, it's awful.

Reddit will tell you book 5 is the best, reddit is a hivemind and unironically likes bobbie as a character

Firefly wasn't syfy you moronic ape

I don't know why everyone dislikes Book 4. I liked it. Prax's chapters from Book 3 are boring as shit however.

Book four is cibola burn the one on the alien planet

Book three is abadon's gate the one about the fucking gate and the behemoth

Prax is from book two cibola burn which is about Ganymede being destroyed

Whoops my bad. Yes, Prax is book two.

Also I thought Mao's chapters from Gate were also really boring.

Yes, she is the worst new pov character from that book. Holden's chapters are boring in every book to me.

Shame that Mao came back as a character in book 5 and is in book 6

>Holden's chapters are boring in every book to me.
They have the best bantz with the crew of the Roci, I always look forward to them.

>Episode 2, the attack of Toth Station was handled poorly. Very, very poorly.

That episode was written by the authors of the books. They are apart of the writing team for the show and revise the story for the tv adaptation. So you can't really say that the love of the books are gone when the authors are the ones writing parts of the tv show.

>season 2 is taking some really weird liberties with the book

I wouldn't count on this getting any better. I mean, do you really think they're gonna turn the show into Stargate later on?

Kinda wish they didn't bring aliens into this. It was cool with the human factions alone.

Fuck I forgot the new season had started. Time to steal it from the internet

How much more of the UN asian granny will we see? I love her character.

Hopefully not.

At least it's got more of a chance than Quarry which went under everybody's radar.

So far, as space opera goes, this one handles the ayylmaos very well and in a sober fashion.

I don't like the crew of the Roci, with the exception of alex and Miller they're just sorta there.

Book 5 was bad for me for this reason, I didn't care about Amos' backstory and Naomi's plot made me think a lot less of her. She was supposed to be incredibly smart and talented but she just gets picked up and used by her ex-boyfriend so easily despite knowing what he's like. Alex's plot was fine, I found him going back to see his ex-wife to be funny.

The station is incredibly different from the books, in the books it's state of the art and very clean, in the show it's a dark hallway with 3 rooms and no furniture because of budget restrictions I guess. In the books dresden also was a lot more charismatic, and his environment showed a lot about his research. The show doesn't portray this well enough.

I agree, I've always hoped for a really good fanfiction where the protomolecule just dies on venus and the events of AG never happen, the system just goes to normal with the 3 factions still around.

this is such a shitty normie cuck reddit show

its unironically more reddit then the martion and interstellar FUCKING COMBINED

go back cucks

It's the way it has to be when transferring something from novel to TV. A non-book reader wouldn't really get the same experience from the vice-president/scientist style Dresden or the fanciness of Thoth because there isn't a narrator to explain the significance of either. Viewers would just be confused as to why there's suddenly a fancy space outpost

The aliens barely get any time in the books until maybe the end of book 5. Mostly the books are about the power struggles between the various human factions and the way the alien tech discoveries have upset the balance of power, thus causing a lot of conflict.

When does season 1 get good? I was digging it at first, but now I'm about 7 hours in and the stupid undercut fedora noir detective plotline hasn't tied in with the space trucking shit yet. Feels like half of every episode so far is a waste of time, gotten to the point where I put the show on hold while I watch Firefly for the first time, which is massively overrated as well. Just forcing myself to watch it since it's only 1 season.

>A non-book reader wouldn't really get the same experience from the vice-president/scientist style Dresden or the fanciness of Thoth because there isn't a narrator to explain the significance of either. Viewers would just be confused as to why there's suddenly a fancy space outpost
I considered this too as I was watching it. I feel expository dialogue would have been fine. If you've never read the books it's obviously not a problem, it's pretty clear who the bad guys are. But I prefer the nuance of the books.

I don't like their whitewashing of Miller's character. He was a washed-up suicidal detective; making him just a washed-up detective doesn't improve the character at all.

>stupid undercut fedora noir detective
aka the best character

She's a POV character in book 2. So when the show catches up to that point, expect to see much more of her.

Also; the show version of her needs to swear A LOT more.

episode 8