Brit/pol/ - No Fucking Thread Edition

Andrea Leadsom Makes Her Case To Be PM
audioboom.com/boos/4767097-listen-andrea-leadsom-makes-her-case-to-be-pm

>Telegraph asks Tory leadership candidates the same set of questions
archive.is/OFCvY

>Peter Brookes on Tory leadership race
thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode/times/prod/web/bin/4c87c320-3ef4-11e6->>a77d-3f49e917730f.jpg?crop=2727,1818,575,185&resize=758 (embed)

>Putin dares Britain to go through with Brexit. “We will see how their principles of democracy get realised in practice".
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/01/putin-dares-britain-to-go-through-with-brexit/

>Tory leadership: Gove 'standing out of conviction not ambition'
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36679741

>Corbyn to face challenge 'in days', says John McDonnell
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36680463
>meme
youtube.com/watch?v=PjHMYNM46Fw

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-draw-so-brexit-should-be-avoided-constitutional-expert-says-a7111431.html
hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/07/you-voted-for-a-revolution-you-got-a-blair-robot.html
order-order.com/2016/07/02/telegraph-pulled-article-critical-theresa-may-campaign-pressure/
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36694598
youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqxn3iOmxY
youtube.com/watch?v=FSZnSdWkKzU
youtu.be/dc26aTCwyYM
youtu.be/qdr96F5PfMg
youtube.com/watch?v=60mLvBWOMb4
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Enoch_Powell
dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3555820/PETER-HITCHENS-America-isn-t-special-friend-ruined-Navy-Empire-future.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wanna stir last night's haggis min?

Disgusting desu senpai

DELET THIS

>tfw brit/pol/ is on a downer
Post happy Karens to cheer yourselves up.

that is revolting

So is /r/The_Andrea brit/pol/ approved or what lads?

Also, what the fuck is this?

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-draw-so-brexit-should-be-avoided-constitutional-expert-says-a7111431.html

could've done without seeing that m8

The high has worn off and now we've all realised it's only just begun. We thought we'd all be home for Christmas and now we're struggling to see an end.

fpbp right mates?

>she specifically endorsed Anthony Blair’s Iraq War policy
>Anthony Blair
>Anthony

Does the morality man have autism or something?

How do you lads rate the new Peter (which, as always, should be in the OP)?

hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/07/you-voted-for-a-revolution-you-got-a-blair-robot.html

>Having dug our way out of the dungeon, we find we have merely reached another dungeon, just as deep and just as dark.

Someone needs to introduce him to our saviour Andrea - the only hope for this country.

Also, order-order.com/2016/07/02/telegraph-pulled-article-critical-theresa-may-campaign-pressure/ should be in OP too.

Referendums are likely unconstitutional, but then, so is giving away parliamentary power to a foreign nation, so we should probably undo the EU too

>EU referendum was a 2-2 'draw' and UK exit will not happen, LSE professor says

Seriously, lads. This has me worried.

Top lad.
First rate post of a second rate whore

I assume he's just making a joke in the same vein as "call me dave"

Jesus fucking christ almighty
It's because plebbitors are invading yet again.

Sorry for moving me post for a wider audience matey.

Not sure why Peter doesn't like to call him Tony though. Autism isn't necessarily a bad thing though (pic related)

I hope you do brexit and fuck the EU with a jolly roger and all that jazz, but it seems like something that probably isn't gonna happen. At least not in the next two or three years.

Did you just call me a plebbitor m8?

I'll fookin' glass ya cunt.

He could have made us great again

I think he's on about the downies with (((breget)))

That speech was glorious. Why was it controversial again?

Agreed. With all due respect to our Andrea, I was looking at the leadership candidates earlier and broke into tears thinking "why can't Enoch be here to guide us along the treacherous path ahead of us".

Dark days with Holland ahead, i might have to do with other-world wines if his goes proxy-war.
#notallfrench

>I think he's on about the downies with (((breget)))

Fucked if I understand your culture lads, but you're always welcome to drink some pissy beer with me.

nobody cares about the indy but lebbit.

cunt wasn't even that bad on QT.

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36694598

>Caroline Aherne has died at the age of 52

F

youtube.com/watch?v=Tiqxn3iOmxY

You're not the only one overcome with crushing depression when you realise the perfect man to lead us out of Brexit died saying "I've been proven right"

Lads, she's not as memeable as say Farage or Trump.

Will meme magic still work?

The people responsible for introducing devolution in the UK should be taken to court for treason against our once proud nation. Devolution was introduced to appease to minority extremist groups, and most people didn't want it, with the exception of the Northern Ireland Assembly. Now that we've been forced to have devolution it has proven to be a complete disaster. Not only are the Welsh Assembly and Scottish Parliament totally incompetent, the worst thing to come from devolution has been the widening of the divide between our nations. That divide was at first a mere crack, but has now split into gorge that leads directly to hell. As seen with the rise of the SNP this is completely irreversible, and as such the partition of our most sacred land inevitable.

Sorry lads, Britain is over. The dream has died and the roaring fire extinguished.

F

It's painful that our recent history has been full of great politicians and only shit PMs. Was it always like this?

anyone got any nigel pepes i can nab?

image for ants etc

Devolution and arguments of it are seriously faltering now that there's no EU safety net for our failing friends in the north.
Especially since scotland is so leftist, it needs the UK, only an extremely right wing, but Britain friendly, party there could actually comfortably see out independence

youtube.com/watch?v=FSZnSdWkKzU

>mfw he died before I was born.

>That speech was glorious. Why was it controversial again?
For the same reasons that Farage's poster was controversial (i.e. no good ones).

But, honestly, forget that speech. It is just a drop in the ocean of Enoch's work, most of which is far less "controversial". He is right about literally every issue, and his writings and speeches are prophecies which one is always shocked to realise weren't written this year, let along this century.

That says little about him and a lot about the caliber of QT celebrity guests.

Is there a good book about the man? I'd like to read about his political career.

>Not sure why Peter doesn't like to call him Tony though.

Old, old meme.

It was used to taunt Tony Benn, whose real name was Anthony Wedgwood Benn (or Viscount Stansgate).

Watch this

youtu.be/dc26aTCwyYM

Guys I just met Boris Johnson at the fucking grocery store.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for NHS funding or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like three hundred fifty million pounds in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the freed up pound notes that would have gone to the EU and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any postal vote rigging,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a real thing. After she scanned each pound and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Anyone else think he's gotten real unhinged since he decided not to run?

I'll save it for tomorrow. Thanks.

A FUCKING LEAF

Who /lonely/ here?

Heffer's 'Like the Roman' is the de facto official one, extremely extensive, and written with Powell's permission and cooperation.

The BBC documentary linked is definitely worth watching, but it's - unsurprisingly for the BBC - a misrepresentation in several ways. They have cornered him in his twilight years, when a lot of his power is gone, and tricked him into making some silly statements.

You can see the BBC's agenda, but I still think he comes off as exceptionally charming. I redpilled my gf with that doc

Enoch on David Frost, he shines here and really shows the BBC up when they try and twist him into a corner
youtu.be/qdr96F5PfMg

Any fool can break a taboo, and it’s gone for ever. In the same way, any fool can cut down a tree that has taken three centuries to grow. Later we find out what we have lost.
And I continue to wonder why there’s so little concern about the breach of the old taboo against public swearing. The singer Adele Adkins swore repeatedly on live TV, as she performed at Glastonbury last weekend. What effect will this have? Those of us who have already lived long enough to see the country transformed, and know that nothing that seems permanent will necessarily survive, are perhaps better able to imagine how far things might go.
Those who are relaxed about this might wonder how they will feel when they start hearing teachers using the f-word in class, nurses using four-letter words to patients, see the strongest words used without asterisks in newspaper headlines, or politicians using them in major speeches. This will happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if some future archbishop didn’t decide to pander to the spirit of the age by swearing from his or her pulpit.
Some may say they wouldn’t care. But that’s half the point. A thick-skinned society is also a callous society.

Michael Fassbender should play him in the inevitable biopic.

Oh, there's no doubt about that, and glad to hear it! Yes, you'd have to do a lot more than just wait for Enoch to age before you could take away the charm.

There's just something quite sad about seeing him so much weaker than in his glory days. But not enough that anybody should be put off watching what is otherwise quite a good documentary about a fascinating man.

Lads I want to be like Morality Man. I agree with him on absolutely everything... except I'm an Atheist. How do I reconcile my Atheism with an adherence to Christian values?

let the void fully have its way with you

>There's just something quite sad about seeing him so much weaker than in his glory days.

I think it's fitting in his weakened state, he says "I see my self being proven right!"

It also brings a lot of humanity to a man that most see as a caricature, especially the scene where he's admiring the political cartoon of a whole street of Enochs and he has that back and forth with his wife, or when he's trying to teach his grandchild to say "ooooh" and she replies "I can't say ooh"

>mfw a 5 year old can use the computer
Don't remind me of time's inevitable march at 4am, user.

Until you're ready to take the leap (back?) into the arms of our saviour Jesus Christ (which is definitely the recommended course of action), perhaps console yourself with the fact it doesn't actually matter if it's true - the fact is that these are values which built our society, and should be respect and upheld.

The "humanism" which atheists are trying to replace it with has done nothing but create a generation of degenerates (just like all left-wing experiments where people try to uproot a society and replace it based on things which they're sure will be good but have never worked in practice).

I'm interested because I found myself utterly confused at the outrage of my classmates when the rivers of blood speech was played. I forget for what reason it was shown because the rest of the lesson was a heated argument. I was essentially alone, entirely so if it werent for one Indian girl who was pretty rational about it. Funny that. I wasn't even sure I agreed with everything he said at the time but I felt the need to defend it when everyone else dismissed it so offhandedly as groundless bigotry and racism.

I was more left leaning as you'd expect and I think it might be one of the moments that made me realise something wasn't right.

I need to stop blog posting but I've got no one else to talk to about this stuff so I'm venting.

Blog post all you want, most of us went through the same thing with Enoch. He's one of those people that everyone hates and mocks because they've been told to hate and mock him. It's good that you can think critically

This is something I've noticed. I've always sworn quite freely but I'm well aware of when it's inappropriate and when to change my tone. I think it's that which we've lost most of all. I don't think people are swearing more just that they seem to have no filter, they seem incapable of basic politeness at times.

Agree (although I never actually had Rivers of Blood played in school?!)

Worth noting is that he ranked fairly highly on a "100 Greatest Britons" list (voted for by the public about a decade ago), and was widely supported at the time, so it's certainly not bizarre that we agree with him now his predictions have essentially all come true (a lot of people point to the "whip hand" line to deny this, which is actually a quote of somebody else - and arguably it's true anyway).

Now, the question of why people currently in or recently out of education overwhelmingly cannot think critically and disregard everything patriotic or British as bad or racist is a very interesting one (but perhaps not for this time of day!)

people died because of this devolution. NHS Wales is even something to meme. Its just sad how beliefs trump lives.

'nt

youtube.com/watch?v=60mLvBWOMb4

Wonder who Marr gonna have on.

>most people didn't want it,
Scotland said Yes in 1979 and Yes in 1997.

>totally incompetent
The Scottish Parliament has been remarkably competent since it deposed Scottish Labour. That's why Scotland retains free education despite budget cuts: It's far more in tune with what people actually want money spent on. It also allowed them to notice that prescription charges cost almost as much to administer in Scotland as they earned.

What happened in Scotland was inevitable thanks to the internal politics of the Labour party. If anything, devolution merely delayed it.

Wales is the true tragedy of Devolution, at least thusfar. Wales is how Labour imagined devolution should play out: Permanent, incompetent Labour fiefdoms. Scotland is quite possibly the best-case scenario of devolution.
Enoch Powell was against devolution, but he did say that if Scotland and Wales felt distinct then they should be independent. Enoch Powell.

It's honestly fascinating how overblown the speech really is.

Even Michael Foot conceded it was a tragedy that such a great personality became inseparably associated with something he didn't even say. (i.e. the popular idea it was predicting rivers of blood in the streets, as opposed to just conveying a sense of deep foreboding.)

>Scotland said Yes in 1979 and Yes in 1997.

That referendum was a meme that noone took seriously. The Scots only voted it for it for a laff. NO ONE was screaming for it.

>The Scottish Parliament has been remarkably competent since it deposed Scottish Labour.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Pretty much the entire speech is quotes from other people, he did later say he wished he had said the quote in Latin to make it more obvious, but the media was going to spin it either way

>you will never leave some cum in leadsom's tum tum
Why live, lads?

>Scotland
>not 3rd world

Watching this it dawns on me that most people wouldn't even be able to sit through the casual use of the word "coloured".

>Scotland said Yes in 1979 and Yes in 1997.

Also Wales voted yes in 1997 and voted for more devolved powers in 2011

I don't understand this "it doesn't matter if you're quoting someone" meme. If Corbyn came out and said "one of my constituents just said hang everyone that makes over £20,000 a year, haha!" He'd be rightly torn the shreds.

Frost was the original kike. That's where it all started to go wrong.

Because they took the quote out of context, he meant that their was a sense of dread coming but they made out as if he said "I shall make the streets run with immigrant blood!"

>The Scots only voted it for it for a laff
I'm sure you've got a ton of studies demonstrating that satisfaction with Holyrood is far lower than with Westminster, and that people regret voting Yes/Yes in 1997. After all, it just wouldn't be doing to make claims like that without verifying them.

>NO ONE was screaming for it.
How strongly are we defining "screaming"? It was definitely an important policy issue.

>HAHA
Great reply. This constitutes reams and reams of evidence that Holyrood has failed to govern effectively, and clearly shows that in every measurable way Holyrood has made things worse since 1997 and since 2007. Furthermore, in areas where things did get measurably worse after 2008, this is clearly the fault of Holyrood itself and nothing to do with outside factors such as a global financial crisis.

This graph is a nightmare to follow.
Nonetheless, it doesn't exactly tell the tale the papers would have you believe - that since 2011 Scots die at 20 on average, murdered by gangs of SNP Stasi thugs...
He wasn't quoting someone saying "The streets will be filled with rivers of blood as a result of the upcoming race-war" though. His actual words were "As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood.'"

That's it. A reference to Aeneid. That's the thing he's notable for. Nobody gets into the actual bit where he mentioned a constituent who didn't want any darkies using her phone or to let out a room to non-whites, it's all rivers of blood, rivers of blood, rivers of blood.

How so? Show me an example of this in a newspaper or something.

Corbyn must feel like absolute shit staying on and going into parliament when nearly all of his MPs openly hate and resent him.

>I'm sure you've got a ton of studies demonstrating that satisfaction with Holyrood is far lower than with Westminster, and that people regret voting Yes/Yes in 1997. After all, it just wouldn't be doing to make claims like that without verifying them.

The reason why the Jocks have more satisfaction with Holyrood is because the suffer from delusions and mental retardation on a national scale. It's only about hating England now. That's why they like the Eu but not the UK. Idiocy pure and simple.

I think the divide is class more than nationality. Rich Scots are still gonna live longer than poor Englishmen

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Enoch_Powell is actually rather enlightening, although it doesn't directly answer your question.

>...when the empire dissolved...the people of Britain suffered from a kind of vertigo: they could not believe that they were standing upright, and reached out for something to clutch. It seemed axiomatic that economically, as well as politically, they must be part of something bigger, though the deduction was as unfounded as the premise. So some cried: 'Revive the Commonwealth'. And others cried: 'Let's go in with America into a North Atlantic Free Trade Area'. Yet others again cried: 'We have to go into Europe: there's no real alternative'. In a sense they were right: there is no alternative grouping. In a more important sense they were wrong: there is no need for joining anything. A Britain which is ready to exchange goods, services and capital as freely as it can with the rest of the world is neither isolated nor isolationist. It is not, in the sneering phrases of Chamberlain's day, 'Little England'...The Community is not a free trade area, which is what Britain, with a correct instinct, tried vainly to convert it into, or combine it into, in 1957-60. For long afterwards indeed many Britons continued to cherish the delusion that it really was a glorified free trade area and would turn out to be nothing more. On the contrary the Community is, what its name declares, a prospective economic unit. But an economic unit is not defined by economics – there are no natural economic units – it is defined by politics. What we call an economic unit is really a political unit viewed in its economic aspect: the unit is political.

I hope he's enjoying it as much as I am. His MPs are, for the most part, Blairite scum. The hate should be reciprocal.
He just has to hold on until Chilcot. It's no surprise they're desperately trying to create a distraction.

Actual quote
>As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

It is now known as "the rivers of blood speech", the implication is clear as day

If you watch the Frost interview you can see for your self a contemporary source where Frost repeatedly tries to make Powell admit regretting saying it

They have a deficit 3 times the entire UK. They are on their way to being a 3rd world country.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I've never taken the term "rivers of blood" to mean rivers of immigrant blood running through the streets of Britain, one would have to be quite simple to view a well spoken politician as a KKKaboo.

What's the most controversial thing the Morality Man has written? He mostly seems to stay within the comfy position of "almost everything is not as good as it should be but nothing is terrible."

That the EU was started as a CIA project.

>Leave wins
>hometown Ipswich voted leave, even my leftist family
>Visit this weekend
>town center
>large pig statues everywhere
I have no idea what all the pigs are about but if they're designed to scare off mudslimes I'm very proud and I can't wait to leave this shit hole London

Not eveybody takes the time to listen to speeches or read full articles, all they know is that their was an old Racist politician called Enoch Powell (Probably heard of him from Russell Brand) who once said something about immigrants and rivers of blood

Scotland's notional deficit if independent is absolutely nothing to do with Holyrood, and is largely down to the decline in Oil revenue (administered, like income tax in 2015, by Westminster.)

Holyrood is given an essentially fixed budget to allocate as it pleases (it now controls income tax, or will do so shortly, with a consequential cut in central funding, but it cannot realistically alter the rates within the union. That would be silly.), the high deficit is not "Holyrood overspending" in the slightest. If anything, it is Westminster controlled spending which is unreasonably high to yield that deficit (as Scotland is assigned a population share of defence, for example.)

Similarly, in 2012 Scotland outperforming the rest of the UK in deficit terms wasn't the result of Holyrood prudence, but as a result of outside factors over which Holyrood lacked control.

>is because the suffer from delusions and mental retardation on a national scale
Yes, the institution that demonstrated that it was capable of reallocating spending towards things people actually cared about, and cutting down on the use of ruinously expensive PFI projects is only well liked because Scotland is crazy.

>That's why they like the Eu but not the UK
They voted to stay in the UK. The margin is still narrow for independence in polling.

If we were to boil down the two primary issues of the EU campaign, it is very easy to see why Scotland were apathetic pro-EU:
1. Immigration: Scotland sees far less of it, and has traditionally had an emigration problem. The largest non-Scottish group in Scotland is other Britons. Scotland is 95+% white.
2. Sovereignty. Scotland just rejected sovereignty in a more exciting referendum. If she wants it back, the bigger drain on it is most certainly Westminster. That is why WMcan leave the EU of it's own accord while Holyrood must ask Westminster's permission for a referendum.

Also, Scotland had held 4 votes in short order and people were getting fatigued.

You know what I'm just going to admit to you on this anonymous internet board that you beat me. I'm tired and memeing so I lost. Now fuck off and die.

>dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3555820/PETER-HITCHENS-America-isn-t-special-friend-ruined-Navy-Empire-future.html

MFW it's actually real, found a few blogs/articles he's written claiming the CIA are involved in the EU.

We all have those watershed moments.

I remember watching the Nick Griffin QT and it just revealed that the mob was as ugly and stupid as the supposed racists they were meant to be superior to.

If Nick Griffin's views were so obviously wrong, they could be debated fairly in a political environment and deemed unsatisfactory by the audience, but apparently this wasn't to be permitted to happen at any point. And obviously he's a bit of a tit, but why did that have to be told to me, and not shown?

It's that feeling of "something isn't right here" that breaks the conditioning. You never place it until long afterwards.

>Also, Scotland had held 4 votes in short order and people were getting fatigued.

Jesus, I know you guys have a lot of health problems up there but I didn't think leaving the house 4 times in 2 years would do you in

It's still a shithole absolutely dependent on the Barnett Formula to survive with possibly the most unfriendly, annoying and arrogant people outside of France.