Why are people surprised that Arabs are considered white in the USA? They are part of the Caucasoid after all

Why are people surprised that Arabs are considered white in the USA? They are part of the Caucasoid after all.

yet the US is still about 56% white lmao

Are fairskinned asians honorary white there?

>in terms of demographics
>Europe is becoming the US
>the US is becoming Brazil
>Brazil is becoming South Africa
>South Africa is becoming Nigeria

Makes you really think

It's only 56% when you count Arabs/Middle-Easterners as non-white

We're not white.
The only time white people see us as white is when they want to associate themselves with our history, our religions, and our cultures (when it's convenient for them).

I'm very curious what your background is. Why are you so obsessed with the middle east?

nobody irl in america considers arabs white

Their census does

You're very wrong on that. Arabs are considered white by most people in the US.

Wait, what- seriously?

no, we're not, no white people ever considers me white, I don't consider myself white either, no arab I know (mostly lebs/syrians/jordanians/falastinis) consider themselves white

wh*Tes are fucking subhumans

>"White" refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East or North Africa. It includes people who indicated their race(s) as "White" or reported entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan or Caucasian.

That's the official US census definition

Most people are not autistic about race.

>the Middle East or North Africa
Okay then.

here's what's considered white in canada

What the fuck? Okay, I have to look this up for Australia, if we have one. That seems crazy.

it's only in terms of statistics/crime statistics

arabs aren't considered white by anyone irl basically unless they look really really white

Well okay, it looks like Australia doesn't divide people up like that. We only have ethnicities and nationalities, no broad sweeping terms like "white" or "black".

Like OP basically, I doubt anyone would know tell she is Syrian without knowing beforehand.

Except that is wrong, our gov't uses the term Visible minority here to mean anyone who isn't White
>the Canadian government uses an operational definition by which it identifies the following groups as visible minorities: "Chinese, South Asian, Black, Filipino, Latin American, Southeast Asian, Arab, West Asian, Korean, Japanese, Visible minority, n.i.e. ('n.i.e.' means 'not included elsewhere'), and Multiple visible minority".

>South Asian, Black, Latin American, Southeast Asian, Arab, West Asian
That's still putting people into broad, largely meaningless categories.

The girl is a cutie.

Honestly I could tell she was Syrian.

When you're Arab you just know.

I went to middle/highschool and university with tons of arabs, ranging from moroccan to iraqi. None of them look white, nobody thought they were white etc. Some arabs can look white, but other arabs can identify them as arab easy.

Americans are just subhumans and retarded. They think muslims = POO/POOs with turbans.

Gisele Bundchen would not be counted as White but as a visible minority in our census if she puts her nationality/ethnicity as Latin American or Brazilian.

Much like Sup Forums threads coming up with a solid White definition is hard, we just defined everyone who isn't White instead.

high quality thread

Hahahahaha

Arabs dont see self as white neuther do half arabs.

I really wouldn't think she is White tbqhwy

>if she puts her nationality/ethnicity as Latin American
That's isn't an nationality/ethnicity, though. It's a massive geographical region, which is why I see these sorts of categories as entirely nonsensical.

Then they will preach there are no raves not that arabs or jews are white, they are not, like calling blacks white.

nah wh*Tes are autistic about race, if I say I'm italian at a party I get pussy nonstop, if I say I'm syrian I go home with blue balls

Usually they put their country down which is automatically counted as the larger region, in this case Latin America which automatically makes you non-White.

Shids all fugged up

>I say I'm italian at a party I get pussy nonstop
t. Gino Veridelli

it's because Italians are associated with being handsome and alpha. Syrians are associated with being a 3rd world country filled with terrorists.

Our Arabs are mostly Christian Lebanese (descendants of British, French crusaders) so it did make some sense

If they're light skinned enough, then yeah they'll be considered white by the majority of people living here, not just the meme census. It's not just arabs, but hispanics, mixed race people, and even hapas whose eyes aren't too slanted. You see, as autistic as Americans are about race and heritage, to them it's only skin deep. Most people here are too ignorant to notice things like facial characteristics, names, hair type, eye color, and shit like that. Race is literally divided by skin color.
Light skinned or slightly tanned skin = white
brown skin or really tan skin = mexican
dark brown skin or black skin = black
slanted eyes, no matter the skin color = asian

>rapebaby meme

Literally no.

Not rapebabies but actual settlers.

I should also mention the United Nations was so offended by the term "visible minority" being used by the Canadian government that the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination has actually complained about it multiple times.

The UN focusing on the important issues as per usual

we're NOT wh*toids
disgusting
bad bad chink

>mfw I see that inbred Kurd or Leb poster in the wild

who gave you permission to speak aussie pig? am i going to have to discipline your mother again?

i read that arabs are considered white by the government cause they literally had to go to court to be changed from asian to white so as to not be affected by the restrictions being put on at the time to limit asian immigration.

also the census is considering adding middle east-north africa and latino/hispanic as valid race options.

why are they offended?

>some poo or zhang confusing me for somebody else
?

>The term is considered objectionable by certain minorities who claim that it is being used at all levels of the Canadian society, homogenizing experiences of different ethnic groups. Its lack of precision may pose a barrier to effectively addressing the socio-economic gaps of different ethnic groups
That's what their committee has determined is the problem, it seems weird that they would get so bothered by a piece of statistical jargon in Canada.

meh, christian arabs are fine, and ISIS is doing a fantastic job of driving them all out of MENA with genocidal fury

islam turns arabs and turks into chimps though

-t. unbiased agnostic

>Europe is becoming the US
Maybe in 200 years

America and Canada are 10% White at most

>coming from France
Honhonhon

>poo or zhang
>says the flag
you have more of them than we do. and a bunch of other inbred migrants from /mena/

does that mean afghanis, iraqis etc. have ho-wite privilege?

azerbaijanis are pretty much white. they're like turks but in deeper delusion.

iranians and afghans are shitskins who delude themselves into thinking they're white through the odd cherry-picked person.

forgot.
* and iraqis

I wonder who could be behind this post

>* and iraqis
nah

what does it mean when my lips are as big as a jews/arab but they're red instead of pale-looking? i'm not black

Still 80-85% White and we only use Europeans, Ahmed al Chinki

Your either black or F*nnish.

Finnish genes