What kind of food do you associate with Christmas time in your country?

What kind of food do you associate with Christmas time in your country?

BBQ and beer.

pig ass

Julbord[48] - Christmas smorgasbord ("Christmas table"), a catch-all term for all the dishes served during Christmas Eve:

Köttbullar - Swedish meatballs
Julskinka - Christmas ham
Dopp i grytan ("dipping in the kettle") - dipping bread slices in the ham broth after boiling the Christmas ham.[49]
Prinskorv - small hot dog sausages
Fläskkorv - big pork sausage
Isterband - smoked fresh pork sausage
Revbensspjäll - spare ribs
Inlagd sill - pickled herring (usually of different types)
Gravad lax - lox
Janssons frestelse ("Jansson's Temptation") - warm scalloped potato casserole with anchovies
Vörtlimpa - Swedish rye bread with grated orange peel made for Christmas, with or without raisins.
Knäckebröd - dry crisp bread
Rödkål - sweet and sour red cabbage, as a side dish
Grönkål - sweet and sour kale as a side dish
Brunkål ("brown cabbage")- cabbage flavoured with syrup hence the name
Rödbetor - sliced beet root
An array of cheeses - bondost, herrgårdsost, prästost, mesost (hard goat milk cheese)
Lutfisk[50] - Lye-fish (whitefish) that has been boiled served with white gravy
Julmust - a traditional, very sweet, stout-like, Christmas soft drink, originally intended as an alternative to alcohol beverage called Mumma
Glögg - mulled wine
Knäck - Christmas toffee
Pepparkakor (Gingerbread) - brown cookies flavoured with a variety of traditional Christmas spices
Julost - Christmas cheese
Julgröt - Christmas rice pudding with an almond hidden inside
Lussekatter - Saint Lucy saffron buns.

These nuts in your picture and nuts in general, pork, fatty stuff in general, certain traditional sweets, et al.

Turkey, rompope, romeritos, mashed potatoes, buñuelos, apple salad, mandarins

Turkey. It's one of the cheapest meats in the US, especially during the fall/winter. I bought a 30lb/13.6kg turkey last year for $22 during a holiday sale last year.

loogs similar

panettone, pandoro

eel

tortellini

dried fruit

My family usually has ham but not always.

Swedish Christmas looked very comfy in Fanny and Alexander.

This, i don't even know if they have a name in english

Turrón, marzipan, polvorones, and several other kinds of sweets.

strawberry shortcake and KFC chicken

nice.

fish balls and tofu?

Nothing!

Buñuelos and natilla

you guys are so damn weird.

Weirdly both of those. More variation of the nut thing tho. Add to that Turkey + standard sunday roast.

+ some weird fruit/alcohol/nujt pudding and alcohol/cream sauce and we're now talking.

>Oranges

I though this was an eastern European thing? A Bulgarian friend of mine explained it's due to the scarcity during communist times.

Come to think of it, we associate oranges with the celebration of St. Nick which is basically Dutch christmas

You dumb fucks actually cook your Christmas food

and foie gras I would say in middle class families

Pescetarian meals since you aren't supposed to eat meat on christmas.
Only fishos allowed.

In Poland it's undeniably borscht (beetroot soup) with fasting uszka (literally little ears) with mushroom and onion filling. Uma delicia, it's absolutely lovely and a staple of every christmas eve.
pic related

>I though this was an eastern European thing?
It is or at least it was.

Anti European propoganda right here.
We ALL associate it with that. And my cunt has had much less "exotic" fruit than you, in the times we've both been eating it anyways

We use oranges for christmas here too

>spend his christmas night waiting two hours in a line to eat fast food

You posted two of them.
Also biñuelos, ponche, champurrado, etc.

we don't celebrate wh*Te holidays here

We do too (mexico ignore flag)
I think its more to do with the fact that oranges are harvested around Christmas time.

less = moar

and yes we hear you pajeet sanchez

Ever heard of delivery, and it comes the day before

Makes one ponder

FOIE GRAS

Dried out turkey
Tater tots
Cranberry sauce

Vitello tonnato is an Italian (Piedmontese) dish of cold, sliced veal covered with a creamy, mayonnaise-like sauce that has been flavored with tuna. It is served chilled or at room temperature,[1] generally in the summertime, as the main course of an Italian meal or as "an exceedingly elegant antipasto for an elaborate dinner."[2] It is also very popular in Argentina, where it is known as vitel toné, and considered a traditional Christmas dish.[3][4]

codfish
bolo-rei, a fancy fruitcake
turkey
french toasts
all kind of desserts

Rape