WOW! It's fucking nothing!

WOW! It's fucking nothing!

It's not smart, it's not deep, it's not entertaining.

I was only entertained when the ships initially came down to earth because we had some well put together scenes conveying how humanity may feel if we ever experience first contact, it did capture that frantic display of unease.

Then it just went downhill, and got very boring and convoluted.

Literally nothing: the movie

Pretentious drivel that relies on pretentious slow paced scenes, up close shots of trying too hard actors' faces, "eerie" music, all wrapped up with an "extraordinary- ordinary discovery by the main characters", in a pretentious effort to appear as a 'life changing amazing' film.

0/10

Agreed. This marks the ends of times with how many idiots love it and praise it. Not only shit acting by Amy Adams but lifeless direction by Villenueve

It's a movie for stupid gullible fucks to make them feel super smart and better than everyone.

I liked it. The only part I would remove or alter is the impractical bomb scene. It seemed like dumb action for the sake of dumb action in what was otherwise a compelling mystery suspense flick.

why is it that everyone on Sup Forums agrees about this movie being pretty bad but it still got great reviews

we're being contrarian faggot get with the program

critics are pretentious fucks who want to feel smart and circle jerk about how 'smart' they are

But...but user, audiences loved it as well.

refer to:

because its globalist propaganda

Anti-globalism is one of the dumbest memes the internet has churned up yet.

>people work together and communicate and things go well
>people fragment, make aggressive snap judgements, and act out of paranoia and things go to shit
>people think this is a false narrative and that only their specific tribe can get things right

No where near as good as prisoners. Still. Infinitely better than sicario.

I loved the short story it was based on as well as the concept, but holy fuck was it poorly acted and awkwardly directed.

Also

>Arrival has 8.1 on IMDB
>Nightcrawler has 7.9 on IMDB

I'm not even sad those boards are being shut down lmao

wut

>pretentious
explain why you found it 'pretentious' and how that detracts from the quality of the film
>trying too hard
how so?
>"eerie"
what's a movie with good eerie music
> all wrapped up with an "extraordinary- ordinary discovery by the main characters", in a pretentious effort to appear as a 'life changing amazing' film.
that's literally the monomyth though, the protag makes a life-changing discovery/achievment

Buzzwords: the post.

>Infinitely better than sicario.
get out

they're buzzwords but somehow they're completely true

hmmmm

great argument really made us think

What a load of pretentious shit.

best review of this movie so far

Aliens come to Earth to fuck up the main character's life by giving her the power to see how badly it will go.
She decides to do absolutly nothing about it.
Why the fuck would aliums do that?