Holy fuck I love Japanese cinema now

holy fuck I love Japanese cinema now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rYgQbhoLtxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Seven Samurai

mid-tier Kurosawa desu senpai

The best Kurosawa film isn't even Japanese.

Recommend more. I've only seen Seven Samurai and I liked it a lot.

go on

youtube.com/watch?v=rYgQbhoLtxc

Just watch his entire filmography.

Ran, Rashomon, Yojimbo, Throne of Blood, Hidden Fortress.

my personal ranking of the 12 AK films i've seen:

1. Ran
2. High & Low
3. Rashomon
4. Stray Dog
5. Throne of Blood
[power gap]
6. Kagemusha
7. The Bad Sleep Well
8. Seven Samurai
[power gap]
9. Dreams
10. Sanjuro
11. Yojimbp
12. Drunken Angel

i've liked them all, except Drunken Angel (though I should give it another chance desu), and most people will disagree with my low ranking of Yojimbo

If I want to watch some Yakuza movies, what should I go for? Are Miike's movies on the subject good?

I hear the movie based on the Yakuza game series, Like a Dragon, is actually pretty good. Same guy who did the Ace Attorney movie, so that gives it some credit in my book.

I've actually seen it. Pretty alright, but not really his best adaptation either. That would be oddly enough Yatterman. Best anime to movie conversion I've seen.

;_; beautiful desu senpai

This is my favorite era. Apparently someone else ITT will disagree but I liked Yojimbo and Drunken Angel a lot. Ikiru is my favorite Kurosawa movie. While AK is pretty much the go to Japanese kino director, there's other great movies to. Harakiri is probably the greatest Samurai film and I think the original Godzilla (Gojira) from 1954 is an extremely overlooked film because of the campy sequels and the terrible Americanization in King of Monsters.

>no zatoichi
fuck you guys

Fuck, your right. We deserve this. Op, you should watch Zatoichi.

Ikiru. Top 3 films of all time for me.

>12. Drunken Angel
That has to be top 5. It's an extraordinarily simple and perhaps the most emotional Kurosawa film for me.

Seven samurai is by far the most, easy to watch, Kurosawa though

>We will never get to see Kurosawa's take on Godzilla because Toho cheaped out

What? Was that an option at one point. I would have paid any amount to get that.

Battles without Honor or Humanity, aka The Yakuza Papers by Kinji Fukusaku are a series of 8 films that documents the rise of the Hiroshima yakuza. My favorite is Graveyard of Honor which stands on it's own.
Miike pretty cool and he remade GoH.

I haven't seen all his movies but throne of blood is my favorite.

Apparently Kurosawa wanted to do it but because of some economic downturn it was deemed to have been too expensive for Toho. After getting Kaneko's Godzilla and Anno's Godzilla I wish it would have happened