Delta?

Watching 13 hours and black hawk down

>what's up with the delta?

I imagine all special forces have their own culture and attract a certain type of guy, but delta seems like kinda strange dudes, total patriotic bad ass dudes, but still.

>can they really have long hair? What is their primary role? How are they compared to navy seals, marine recon, green berets, and so on?

Are movies lying to me or are they really strange, hardened dudes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chinook_shootdown_in_Afghanistan
youtube.com/watch?v=Fq-hQYcoVmw
newslines.org/fact-checks/did-the-navy-seals-who-died-in-the-benghazi-attack-kill-60-jihadis/
youtube.com/watch?v=qMAcM9_02qA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk man.

Bump niggers

They don't afraid of anything

Very helpful, thanks bro

Their missions are pretty hot. I assume some suicide missions. I think they get a lot of leeway.

So are seal missions but they don't have much freedom to stray from basic grooming standards, why they difference

They kick some ass.

>seals

depends on the unit i believe. DEVGRU (seal team six) guys who do the same sort of missions as delta and are often embedded with them have lax grooming standards as well. i used to have the high-res version of this image, hes got a badass crusader tattoo all over his arm. that would never fly in normal units.

The long hair and general rough look could have two meanings depending on the situation.

First it allows them to move freely among the public because the enemy is usually looking for the generic military look (no facial hair, super short buzz cut, etc.)

The second being that they've probably spent weeks or more out in the shit and the last thing they care about are trivial things such as shaving etc.

13 hours is awful

Yes it would. They briefly tried fucking with tattoos, but it didn't work. As long as you can't see it in your Class A's, it's all good.

It depends from person to person. I had one as a field grade commander when I was in the army. They are allowed to grow out their hair but this guy was always clean cut. Dude did not have an off switch. He was always working and finding reasons to chew people out.

He made a bunch of weird rules and regulations that drove me crazy. Pushed an order to have all state flags removed and the only authorized flag to hang up was the American flag. Some shit how we can't have loyalties to anything besides America.

Delta boys are nothing but a bunch of undisciplined cowboys.

You have to look at the selection process and how the very many get taken out of the program as it moves along. Airborne school is pretty easy to get into but you still have a number of people that fail out. Next comes Ranger school and you can expect to lose between 60 to 75 percent. Some are very good people and I would say excellent people. Get hurt in week 15 and you are screwed, they ask if you can train and you can not or they feel you can not, you are dropped. Brutal system. Special Forces weeds out about 70 percent during SF selection and SFPAT. I flunked out of that twice before passing. It really and completely kicked my ass. Most that recycle do not volunteer to wait around for the next class. Plus while you are waiting your life is complete crap. Of the 62 in my class, 22 completed training and went on. The rest just went back to their regular job. But by the time you or someone makes it to Delta, they also have a selection process and you have to be invited. Your chances of getting there are slim.

>can they really have long hair?
In general all SOF units have lax grooming/clothing standards but this is especially true with tier 1 groups like Delta as they often work in environments where blending in with the populous is more important that uniform regulations

>What is their primary role?
Counter terrrorism, direct action, internal defense

> How are they compared to navy seals, marine recon, green berets, and so on?
Delta is roughly equivalent to SEAL Team 6, also known as DEVGRU. SEAL Team 6 is an SOF unit that recruits from the various other SEAL Teams. Similarly, Delta is an SOF unit that recruits from the Green Berets, Rangers, and sometimes even various SEAL teams. Basically, DEVGRU (Navy) and Delta (Army) are the best of the best

Is that Matthew machaunihay?

> internal defense

Are you saying they walk amongst us?

*makconihaye

Rednecks.

These are the guys that don't mind sleeping in the mud cause they grew up that way.

Interestingly, most are kinda nerds. They spend their free time reading mechanical books and learning languages.

> I was a SWCC
> delivered all types to all types of places

Their idea of a good time is taking night classes and wearing carharts.

>its called the "special" forces because they are autistic.

You can teach them anything, but they can rarely balance a checkbook or hold a marriage together.

I'm in the navy but I've got some limited knowledge. Delta can do whatever they want. I know that because the seals can do whatever they want and delta recruits from them and the Rangers. If you meet one shake his hand and thank him for his service. They see some shit.

I mean, you shouldn't have loyalty to any country but America if you are American. Not weird at all

This is what a true operator looks like.

the face of death itself...

you see this guy take off his glasses and begin to clean them, next thing you know you are getting stabbed in the neck.

>Are movies lying to me

Butthurt Sup Forums shitposter that's triggered nobody replied to his autistic Daisy/RoonRoon thread detected

out of curiousity, what was sof training like?

It's a movie, retard

My hands are literally shaking as I'm typing this, just looking into this man's eyes

Can't comment on Delta etc, but I've ferried a few 'special' forces from the UK. They never refer to themselves as SAS or SBS, they are just 'Army' or 'Navy'. Push any further and its usually 'yeah, we are engineers' and thats it.

They like beards. They fucking reek to high heaven of BO, if you want to know what a Brit special forces smells like, find a homeless person and smell their crotch.

They don't care about you. Their officers don't care about you. They don't care about the captain of your boat, the crew of the boat, timekeeping, actually helping out on the trip. You are a glorified taxi.

They stay in groups or solo, talk to outsiders is bare minimum chat. Nothing about the 'business', usually football (soccer), movies, music, celebrities.

So you get to where they want to be, and poof, fuckers are gone. You never see the same group again, all your are left with is a few bunks that need industrial bleach to get rid of the raw sewage smell.

tldr - UK Special Forces are fucking wierd.

>he skipped neck day

>Posting Mike 'I deal with hostiles by raping their wives and giving their children a bedtime knifing' Vining right before anons want to sleep

Truly JIDF has lost all standards of decency you sick motherfucker.

SGM Mike Vining has never skipped a day in his life

What's wrong?
Your pussy hurting?

>I imagine all special forces have their own culture and attract a certain type of guy

This is true.

>How are they compared to navy seals, marine recon, green berets, and so on?

What are you asking for here? SEALS I never liked. Recon are pretty chill dudes. SF are good guys but I think the 18x program killed it.

Don't insult Mike "The Reaper" Vining like that. He could literally flick this beefcake's neck with his pinky and it would snap on instant.

Foreign* internal defense

If you meet someone who was in Delta, you won't know they were in Delta.

You are aware we live in the "United States of America", right?

Bro, I will always believe that the true distinction between Civilization and Savagry is that when civilization goes full 1488, the slaughter is infinitely more pervasive in its calculated carnage than butthurt tribal genocides.

Vining is literally the true face of evil, and represents the above sentiment perfectly. The fact you would try to demean statements of objective fact about this Hitler-tier character and the consequential revulsion that any civilized global citizen would feel when confronted with its horror is proof only of your own antiquated misogyny, not reality sweetheart.

>18x program killed it
>applicants have to go through the same exact process as any other SF soldier

It's all bullshit. They usually release these films after American special forces get massacred.

The kill count will always show 50 dead terrorists for one dead special forces but the reality is very different.

38 killed and there was only about eight taliban.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chinook_shootdown_in_Afghanistan

Yes. But, there is a noted difference between 18x kids and triple tabbers.

Maybe, but you sleep better at night knowing that some nerd is out there.

Admit it.

explain this joke in the movie to me, im an idiot

>the best soldiers in the best army are trash
>check out this one helo that went down

I bet you voted remain.

>38 killed and there was only about eight taliban.
>Chinook_shootdown_in_Afghanistan
gee
i wonder how they all died

>cherrypicking a helo shootdown

w e w

>it's all bullshit

Tell to the Overmountain Boys, Limey.

>mfw Brits literally take a tea break during training

this is a retired delta guy
youtube.com/watch?v=Fq-hQYcoVmw

Just attracts a certain type of person

except become an NCO in the regular army

Longer hair and such may be required for missions. Look up military relaxed grooming standards. SF Had longer hair, from what I saw when I was serving.

Theater and mission dependent.

Benghazi attack,

newslines.org/fact-checks/did-the-navy-seals-who-died-in-the-benghazi-attack-kill-60-jihadis/

1. There have been no verifiable reports that the Navy SEALS killed 60 jihadis

2. Witnesses said that the CIA Annex attackers escaped ininjured

RESULT

FALSE

Only because RGS helps them show respect for tribal elders and blend in.

They clean up for muster.

That movie was the shit.

why the butthurt.

He's just trying to correct the record.

Gotta agree it was pure American fan fiction.

It was pretty much this..

youtube.com/watch?v=qMAcM9_02qA

The only thing that makes me sleep better at night is knowing that fellow burgers like yourself continue to be defiant in the face of Europoor memes and refuse to succumb to falling for such blatant b8 bb :3

Irony of Somalia is that the son of the African Warlord they were fighting was actually a member of the US Military because his family were 'refugees'

He later went back and took over his father's army.

Just as planned?

>off by one

cancer