ITT: Unusual Opinions

Michael Bay is the modern Hitchcock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268
youtube.com/watch?v=t0n3i193v0g
calculato...lids/sphere.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i agree, hitchcock is garbage

I'll hear you out. Why is he the modern Hitchcock?

They're both extremely gifted and influential on a technical level while making emotionally shallow films that are despised by critics (with the exception of The Lodger, Hitchcock was hated until the late 50s) but go over very well with audiences.

But that's true.

Nothing wrong with that.

Two Towers extended is best LOTR

God dayumn.

I would suck his dick if he asked me to.

Reminder that no matter how rich and jacked you get, you can never stop being a sperg.

youtube.com/watch?v=R4rMy1iA268

>talks shit all the time
>can't do public speaking
lel

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I completely agree with this. Seeing him at work, you realize he is both artistically void but a technical genius.

Yeah, he's got anxiety issues.

Was it autism?

Possibly. I initially thought it's a bit of ADD but honestly seeing how he treats some people on set, he's more on the autism spectrum.
>Singularly focused on the film, know how everything needs to be and where everything should be positioned before he even gets on set, which is often an hour or so late
>Treats some people like shit or is nice to them for no reason
>Is extra-abrasive when things go wrong in particular scenes he wants, such as sunsets. This is understandable because time is money and the optimal light to film as well as sunsets themselves leaves a very tiny window and no room for error.
>Holes on shirt neckline from chewing it all the time

Also might be bi. He has a thing for buff black dudes and is famously aggressive towards women, but that just be preferences. He might find something agreeable about buff black dudes.

Alien is better than Aliens.

/ourguy/

Sortof, except he actually knows shit about kino despite running his mouth.

Actually a lot of merit to this opinion. Hitchcock was the director only plebs loved at his time.

Two completely uncomparable movies of different genres. Only a turd would try to compare them directly.

The entire Vito backstory including Robert De Niro's acting in Godfather 2 is terrible and he didnt deserve an Oscar.

Goodfellas is overrated

Matrix 2 is actually a very good movie, almost as good as the first.

White Chicks is a legitimately funny movie.

agreed on the matrix

the trilogy as a whole is actually brilliant, most people just got lost when the architect was introduced and didn't understand the real themes

youtube.com/watch?v=t0n3i193v0g
>7:07
what did they mean by this

Return Of The Jedi is the best Star Wars movie. It's not very cohese, but it has by far the finest moments of the trilogy. It's still a movie made for kids and teens, though.

A Clockwork Orange is a fantastic movie with a terrible fanbase. Most people like it because it's edgy and violent and because of its social critique. The real reason why it's great is because of the aesthetics, direction, music and acting.

Capeshit is inherently made for children, no matter how hard people try to shove adult themes in them.

Once Upon A Time In America is the best mob film ever made, even better than any Godfather movie, or Scorsese's gangster movies.

Hitchcock, Spielberg, Woody Allen, Gaspar Noe, IƱarritu and Nolan are all fucking hacks.

Whether it's because of social construct or genetics, there haven't had any great women acting in films with sound. Actresses have been given lesser chalenging roles and cannot compete with male actors. The best actress isn't even on the same level as the 15th best actor.

A truly stupid statement. Just look at Hitchcock's interview with Truffaut, he knew exactly what he was doing with storytelling, he was always involved during the screenwriting process and he always had an artistic vision. There's a reason why Hitchcock was hailed as an "auteur" and Bay isn't.

>/fit/
>not spergs

Land of the Lost was genuinely good

>michaelbaystartedlifting.jpg

Bay's been hitting weights for longer than you are alive bruv

I like Michael Bay and his movies, even Transformers. Michael Bay is at its finest when he doesn't give a fuck and expresses his contempt on his audience by doing racist stereotypes and treating women like objects.

The Island is his best movie.

Luc Besson is shit.

Paul Thomas Anderson is an overrated hack who has only just started to acquire a style of his own that isn't a mishmash of older directors' styles but is praised by pseuds because they have no historical film experience aside from a few mandatory films.

Scorsese hasn't made a truly great movie since Bringing Out the Dead.

Inarritu is a hack with pretensions of art-film importance but only manages to rip the audience out of the movie with hamfisted and vaporous visual "symbolism" but is decent with the genre moments.

Movies don't look worse because they're shot on digital, we've long since reached the point where digital cameras have become adequate. What matters is color, framing, lighting and general composition, which nowadays looks more and more like a cheap television show than actual movies. Too many directors are jumping from television and commercials into making film and it is destructive to the visual aspect of the medium. The writing is subjective.

Bernardo Bertollucci is the only Italian filmmaker of genuine merit still working right now.

Russian cinema is completely dead.

Kubrick's mechanical extreme-precision based filmmaking lacked emotional and human heft and was detrimental to film as he inspired many directors to focus on "geometric perfection" while ignoring the emotional aspects.

The Babadook and It Follows were two of the absolute worst hyped-horror movies I've ever seen, and that hype-disappointment has prevented me from watching The Witch.

Chimes at Midnight is undeniably Welles' best movie.

Robert Altman was the last truly great American director.

James Cameron is the king of McDonalds mediocrity, making dumb movies with extremely adequate filmmaking that appeals to the dumb masses and is lauded for the amounts of money he rakes in.

Lars Von Trier is the only truly great director still making films.

All superhero movies are for children and if you pay any heed to them it means you're slow in the head.

Musicals are the best genre and Chevalier was the greatest actor.

Surprisingly agreeable for such a long list.

Fact.

He ignored ab-work.

>Kubrick's mechanical extreme-precision based filmmaking l
Do you include all of Kubricks films in this way?

He's 50 cut him some slack. Also only women care about abs

Post-Paths of Glory I'd say

I wouldn't say he's the modern Hitchcock, but he is a great director.

>emotionally shallow

--- an he's a pleb, good job OP, you made a Baythread, your shit thread. Fucking worthless piece of dogshit.

Fuck man, I always thought he was a Chad who got adopted by Jews.

>uses Armond against Bay

user are you retarded or just pretending to be?

fuck...do I have autism

Are you serious right now you fucking faggot? Are you? What the fuck is that sentence supossed to mean you fucker re tard?

You know Armond likes Bay, right?

That's why I'm posting him. Is there anything that implies I don't like Bay? Are you mentally deficient? Can you read?

you claim your so smart just curious what the size of your head is?

Mine is 25 inches and according to this calculator calculato...lids/sphere.php that means I have a 263inch volume of brain size.

I'm asking you to measure around your head with a tape measure and tell me the length so I can calculate it.

If your not up to do that then I think that says everything we need to know.

i can dig it
i can dig all of it

savage

kek

Bump

I love how later on he pretended he was badass because he did this and it got him tons of pussy.