‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ Ratings Surge

>‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ Ratings Surge Has Suddenly Made Late Night Competitive Again

Remember when Sup Forums predicted his show would get cancelled? Top kek

indiewire.com/2017/02/the-late-show-stephen-colbert-ratings-tonight-show-jimmy-fallon-1201784884/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bmuna
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Remember when Sup Forums predicted his show would get cancelled? Top kek

Remember when Colbert predicted Trump would lose? Top kek

>you idiots gave a nazi the nuclear codes!

What did he mean by this?

(((ratings)))

Jews need new tricks.

Kimmel is clearly the best choice

Fallon is boring, non-offensive fluff and "le epic viral videos xD"

Colbert is way too political for what is supposed to be a comedy show, he basically turned the Late Show into Colbert Report 2.0

What's the demo breakdown?

I don't know anyone who watches him and most people I know watched the old show. I feel like the format is just dead.

TV Ratings aren't just accounting for live-broadcast viewers anymore but also stuff like streaming on the CBS website or on Youtube.

So...Drumpf

pewdiepie gets better ratings than that

why is this board so outdated
all video media should be on Sup Forums

>Ratings go up
>Plane carrying brother and father goes down

makes me think theres not a god, or at least one who cares about this cuck

Ok.

>3.01 million viewers on average for Colbert
incredible that television has sunk this low that this is considered a success

>he basically turned the Late Show into Colbert Report 2.0

No. Not at all. It's not even close to the Colbert Report. It's nothing but "drumpf" jokes and "lol republicans are stupid".

Does this have anything to do with his clips always being artificially shoehorned into youtube's "trending" page?

So much for majority of Americans being turned off by Trump jokes. Turns out it's just the right wing snowflakes getting triggered and crying about it on the Internet.

>artificially shoehorned
this is what Drumpfkins actually believe HAAHAHAHAHAHA

are you really implying that the Colbert Report wasn't just "DUDE REPUBLICANS ARE DUMB LMAO"? because it was

the trending list literally isn't just about views

many videos get millions of views without trending

>one month in
>there are still trumpshits out there who still believe they didn't vote for a retard

Spot the art student.

>“Saturday Night Live,” which pulled in its largest audience in six years (10.8 million) on Feb. 11

>feb 11
>nothing else on TV

LOL

It's all illegal aliens and bad hombres watching these. The rating for the first season of The Apprentice were bigger. Sad.

I don't necessarily see people like him bad.
The understand where the money is and money right now is liberal outrage.

>lol republicans are stupid
well they are you know

>go check pewdiepies most recent video
>6,065,836 views

lmao

>election night
>We've become too divided. We need to stop hating our fellow Americans. Let's stop being so partisan and come together.

>Before and after election night.
>Does shit like this.

What a hypocrite.

You realize that's different, right? Tell me you can think of the reason why you can't compare the two.

Probably the Trump effect. It's THE major topic in literally every media channel so its natural, that people can relate more to people making fun of it.

you know its comedy right?

that's just what he gets on average after 3-4 days after upload, give it a week and it'll be at 15 mill

Because Pewdiepie knows he's sort of cringey and Colbert doesn't? Because Pewdiepie gets real ratings? Because they both dish out terrible humor, but only one can still be somewhat respected after the election?

don't think comedy is supposed to be unfunny and boring

Because people leave their TVs on without watching but actively watch youtube videos

I can't even think of an ironic joke response as to why I couldn't compare them, honestly. This should be a good one to hear.

This is the intelligence of the Trumpshits.

>Fallon is boring, non-offensive fluff and "le epic viral videos xD"

Problem is Fallon is losing in the ratings

archive.is/bmuna
>While Alec Baldwin’s Trump impression has always felt genuinely loaded with nastiness, Fallon just works to get the President’s voice right and then delivers a performance that otherwise feels empty.

>Fallon may be best served by sticking to his strengths, and concentrating on the lighter side of the news. Unfortunately for him, in recent weeks there hasn’t been much of that to go around.

I didn't vote Trump. I'm a JillyBean. Give me the reason why Colbert's shitty ratings are to be defended, idiot.

Oh, I gotcha, its cause one is youtube, isn't it? Well Colbert is on youtube, and even if I pick one of his higher rated videos, he doesn't even get a third of what a shitty pewdiepie video gets.

have to look at the ratings to guess which ones suck though cause all of pies stuff looks like crap to me.

>less than 1% of the US population watches

i think there is incredibly small but tightknit group of trump supporters who envisioned this happening and convinced the much larger dumber group to follow their lead. Like a huge flock of sheep herded by a few dogs.

it would be hilarious if i wasnt affected by it too.

Fallon's show is unironically funnier and more intellectually stimulating.

>Remember when Sup Forums predicted his show would get cancelled? Top kek
If Hillary had won, it probably would have been cancelled.

Love him or hate him, Trump is boosting the ratings of shows that were too chickenshit to mock Obama but are now once again free to make fun of the president.

>Trump says that comedians will love him because their ratings will rise
>Their ratings do rise, and Trump saves their careers, and alongside proves that he is a great predictor of events
Leftists unironically think this is bad

>Advertisers pay more for propoganda due to higher ratings
>Trumps still president

shit this sucks im with her now

>Trump says that comedians will love him because their ratings will rise
#alternativefacts

He said it to Colbert when he went there last year (or Kimmel, I don't remember)
>haha alternative facts
stop visiting r/politics retard

>that were too chickenshit to mock Obama
>implying

The thing is, Obama had a rather boring personality. No private scandals, no falling out with the press, it's hard to make fun of somebody when there's just nothing you could make fun of.

Trump on the other hand is a gold-mine.

it's called getting good. and the truth doesn't matter anyway, cause obviously they can just make shit up.

And remember obama's okie doke fucking stutter? that shit was hilarious. No comedian touched it.

But user, he was a nigger and also born in Kenya. Hilarious stuff.

whatchu talkin' bout Willis? Stand up comics imitated the way he talked all the time.

>And remember obama's okie doke fucking stutter? that shit was hilarious.

Global Rules:

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Oh so Chinese bots?

>It's a Sup Forums being wrong again episode

i bet you also believe in the 3 million illegal votes

I believe in at least 100,000 illegal votes (not necessarily from illegals).

Every month or so I binge watch like 100 videos from a specific YouTube channel and then never watch them again. Right now I'm binging Colbert. The dude is hilarious, quick witted and downright savage at times.

It's a shame that some people are so easily offended by someone having a different political opinion from them that they need to retreat to the safe space to cry about it rather than just laugh it off because apparently winning the election isn't enough (^:

>Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million
>100,000 illegal votes
>100,000 is 3% of 3 million

That's not even a dent on the overall numbers. And you'd think if there really was large scale voter fraud and the election really was rigged against Trump, that Hillary would have like, won the presidency, or something

i'm guessing you're still on the early seasons

trump predicted trump would lose.

I'm watching all his monologues in reverse chronological order

It is a bit weird to hear him talking about events from further and further in the past, especially with the benefit of hindsight, but even if he's factually wrong about something, who isn't? Have you never been wrong about anything ever in your entire life? The humour is still there. I don't agree with everything he says but I just brush stuff like that off because I'm an adult

it's not my job to be factually correct

Which one is father if this is Brother?

The reason for his ratings surge is because Trump is president. Small price to pay.

Colbert hasn't been any of those things since Bush left office

SOON

>even if he's factually wrong about something, who isn't?

The difference is that everyday people aren't being paid large amounts of money to deliver their assertions from a point of relative authority

It's not his either

The only people who would treat Colbert as an actual factual resource and not just a man trying to be funny are deep, deep idiots, who cannot be helped. Do you want everybody to toe the part line like in North Korea and never, ever say anything negative about our glorious leader? What happened to free speech?

>too chickenshit to mock Obama
It's hard to mock someone that is competent.
Trump is a dumpster fire by comparison.

>All the media uniting to relentlessly mock a retarded leader
It's just like the good old Bush days. Donald Trump is making TV great again.

What demographic still watches this garbage? is it just boomer democrats tuning in again?

the_donald redditor spotted

>still believing you didn't vote for a retarded blow hard who cannot read and no longer trusts his own personal delusions (see: his reaction to his own media survey results)

>there are people too young to have witnessed NBC Conan

I'm pretty content thus far. He's been doing everything he promised he would do, and I wasn't even expecting this much until like a year from now, not a month in.

But I imagine I'm in a minority when I say I expected things to be pretty chaotic, given the circumstances. I know that, despite what Trump says, his administration is not yet a "well-oiled machine". There will be growing pains in the foreseeable future.

>A calm and rational Trump voter in Sup Forums
Woah

All le me btw

>No private scandals

Is this what Democrats actually believe?

>he basically turned the Late Show into Colbert Report 2.0
He used to act like a republican strawman, now he acts like a democract strawman, it is actually pretty poetic.

>maybe they'll watch it if we say ratings are high

>maybe they'll believe the ratings are low if I post this

>maybe they'll vote for Hillary if we say her polls are high

COLBERT ASCENDANT

COLBERT RESPLENDENT

COLBERT MAGNIFICENT

DID. YOU. FUCKERS. REALLY. THINK. HE. WOULD. FAIL??

WHERE IS THAT FUCKER WHO MADE ALL THOSE HURR JAMES GORDON WILL BE NEW LATE SHOW HOST MOVE IT TO LA AND HE CAN DRIVE AND ASS KISS OOPS I MEAN SING WITH CELEBS ALL DAY. WHERE ARE YOU YOU DAFT CUNT.

WHERE ARE THE HURR MAKING THE LATE SHOW ALL POLITICAL WILL TURN PEOPLE OFF DURRRR AMERICANS ARE TOO SMART TO WATCH SOMETHING SO BIAS DURR

COLBERT PROVING AGAIN THAT HE IS THE GREATEST AT THIS SHIT FOR GOOD FUCKING REASON.

SETH MEYERS IS DOING GOOD SHIT NOW TOO ON THE TUBES AND CARVED OUT A NICHE FOR HIMSELF. YOU STUPID FUCKS. YOU REALLY THINK WITH THE WORLD AS IT IS NOW WILL BE LOOKING AT FALLON SUCKING SOME B-LISTERS COCKS AND FANNIES FOREVER?? EVEN FALLON TRYING TO GET IN ON THAT SHIT NOW BUT TOO LATE THAT HAIR TUSSLE WILL BE YOUR FUCKING DOWNFALL.

EVEN SNL REALIZED HOW BIG THEY FUCKED UP AND COURSE CORRECTED

THIS IS THE COLBERT I WANTED AND NOW HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SHILL AND CAN BE AS CUTTING AS THE REPORT WAS.

HOLY SHIT FUCK THAT GUY WHO SAID JAMES GORDON WOULD BE BETTER. FUCK JAMES GORDON.

T. JON FUCKING NO H STEWART

I kinda feel the same way? Getting real fucking tired of him going to his resort hugbox, though.

>not believing in the Bandwagon effect

literally how Trump became the republican nominee

Relevant

The guy is a workaholic. I have no doubt in my mind that he continues to do work even there.

I do have concerns about privacy, however. He'll need to be cautious if he's conducting presidential business on his properties.

>I do have concerns about privacy, however. He'll need to be cautious if he's conducting presidential business on his properties.
I am sure the secret service must be providing security on his private properties if he is going to do work there.

Everything he does in the White House gets leaked anyway, can't get much worse in Mar-a-Lago

When will this meme of late night talk shows end? Does anyone under the age of 40 actually watch this shit?

It's an outdated format for shitty entertainers to shill whatever shitty project they have coming up which has been made irrelevant by the internet.

Oh wow.

That's a great of putting it.

no

Maybe if Fallon didn't try to normalize fascism his ratings would be rising along with his contemporaries.

That is true. I'm hoping he manages to plug those leaks in the coming months. For now the leaks haven't been anything too severe, but I'm worried they may seriously inhibit our country's ability to bargain from a position of power if we start getting constant leaks regarding, say, foreign policy.

>Steve Colbert

The yank John Oliver

I only rate Fallon and Kimmel.

All the others are shit. I miss Craigy Ferg.