Recommend me a movie to watch based on the fact that my favorite movie is drive

Recommend me a movie to watch based on the fact that my favorite movie is drive

gee idk. Taxi Driver?

No Man's Land

Thief?
I haven't watched Drive in a very long time, but I think they have some common elements.
Anons who know better, feel free to call m e a faggot

you're alright user.

The Guest
trust me you will like it a lot.

Stick to Nicolas Winding Refn: 'Only god Forgives' and 'The Neon Demon'.

'Bronson' was just okay for me, but many swear by it. Definitely skip 'Valhalla Rising'. I haven't seen the Pusher movies, but I've heard good things.

La la land

serously, Drive is first and foremost a romantic movie

Obligatory Le Samourai reccomendation

>Le Samourai
>The Driver
>Ghost Dog
>Leon
>The Limits of Control

The Driver is the movie that inspired the book Drive was based on. The Driver is a remake of Le Samourai. Ghost Dog is a remake of Le Samourai. Leon was obviously inspired by Le Samourai. The Limits of Control is Jim Jarmusch's second attempt at recreating Le Samourai, a bit more metaphysical than Ghost Dog though.

You're a faggot but that's okay.

I think you should die.

w2c this jacket?

Magnoli clothiers has the best replica of it you can possibly find. Much better than the idiots in the pic are wearing, that's the official steady jackets merchandise version.

It's under Clothing/Jackets/Casual
Look at that beautiful reproduction. Fine ass quality.

>Leon was obviously inspired by Le Samourai
If anything, Leon actually looks inspired by Nikita, it has nothing to do with le samurai.

Didn't watch that but Leon seems like a rather typical (although for commercial prospects less bleak) Le Samourai character, a loner criminal with a very strict moral code with abstention from life (for lack of better wording) and absolute loyalty as its primary values. His actions are perfectly in line with the Hagakure. It even has the impossible love story that is finally rejected at the end of the film, although this time she is a little girl.

How does the film relate to Nikita?
Mind you, it's not impossible that Leon drew inspiration from multiple sources.

did i just get out-memed

Drive

350$!!!!!

It's customizable though. You can get it in all black with a swastika instead of a scorpion.

Il Conformista
Le Cercle Rouge

I don't think I spoil anything about Nikita when I say Reno appears in it and behaves and is exactly like Leon, it's like the same guy but different name. I actually looked it up so I don't pull stuff out of my ass and it seems others say also that Besson wanted to make something with Reno's character because he felt he was underused.
Look maybe they have characteristics in common, but the similarity between the two characters in Nikita and Leon is so strong, I find it more possible that Reno in Nikita was inspired by Alain than Leon being inspired by Alain.

That seems fair, guess I'll have to watch Nikita now to see if it fits in with my other Le Samourai films. Watching all of those in a row and ending with the psychedelic Limits of control is always a pretty cool experience and I'd like to add another one to the list.