Evangelion

Who is the best angel and why is it obviously Ramiel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dvpp19FkQgE
youtube.com/watch?v=_IKNGxx_RxY
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487196224004.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487195955506.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is probably my inner child talking but I love Zeruel.
Is literally brute force approach and almost works.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMIIIIIIIIIIIIESSSSSSSSS

Why didn't they just attack all at once?

Dem angles.

Kaworu

They can't.
They are being summoned to free Adam and just arrive whenever.

we don't know if they are in good terms each with the other or if they even have the CONCEPT of alliance, of even of TIMING.

I think they are like Rei clones in the basement. Only one can act at a time.

Kaworu contained the soul of Adam, yet he wanted to die to save humans. Why did the creator of the angels suddenly care more about humans than his own children.

Ignore all those other responses, the show literally gives no reason for why they attack solo.

Honestly I dont think it really does need a reason, but it simply doesnt.

In the tv series they mentioned that the middle ranking staff have made plans in case multiple angels come at once but mysterious people upstairs don't worry about it at all and use those plans as excuses to prepare against human invasion.

>tfw they ruined her fight in 1.0
The rebuilds were a mistake

This. Best music theme also.
youtube.com/watch?v=dvpp19FkQgE

>They are being summoned to free Adam

The first three angels (besides Adam and Lilith ofc.) attack Tokyo 3 before Adam's embryo arrives though

The Dead Sea Scrolls prophesies when and where each Angel attack. Since the scrolls never prophesies angels attacking at the same time, it never happens

One of the greatest series ever made.
Prove me wrong, you cant.

Rebuild Ramiel was the only one I prefer over the Original.
The fractal drill is better than the pink spiked dildo.

because he wanted to be a cockfag with shinji

How would you guys make a live action adaptation work?

youtube.com/watch?v=_IKNGxx_RxY

By NOT making it Live Action.
Make it cartoon, cgi, clay-motion whatever. But no Live Action.

no. Just no

Evangelion is the greatest work of art since since the romantic era

why do most angels look like they are made out of the same material like the mechelin man ?

Isn't it a circular argument? I mean ok, the prophecy says they will come one at time and its accurate, but WHY?

pacific rim kind of went into the right direction i guess

they're 97% similar in chemical composition to humans because humanity is the last angel, Lilim

I wouldn't.

There are anime that can be adapted into live action, but eva isn't one of them

Who is the best Asuka and why is it Asuka?

Sōryū. Shikinami can go to hell

the michelin man was the first angel obviously

Michael was an Archangel.
And so was Ramiel

they definitely exchange information cause the angels keep getting smarter. This is especially notable in the episodes following the angel that hacked into NERV's database. Before that, the angel's strategy was just to keep getting stronger, but after it read the files, the gears shifted and it changed it's tactics to targeting the children themselves, and it worked pretty damn good, cause they took out Asuka and Toji and Rei, but Shinji was just resilient.

How is that circular?

>why does this happen
>because this thing says it will be that way
>why does this thing say it will be this way
>is not focused on or is not important to the overall story

There is no looping back to the beginning

Let Snyder direct it

i can see the point this user was trying to make. Eva has many religious themes and prophecy is one of them. just like in the Bible prophezised jesus would be crucified, it's a circular argument. Why does it say he has to be crucified? because the Bible says so

Yes, great, feed him just ANOTHER Christ-like figure.

what the fuck was this series even about? i have never been more confused in my life

Wanna fight?

pacific rim might be more your speed my man

It was about sex. Shinji was a virgin and was sexually frustrated AND on top of that he had mommy issues. That's why he wanted to fuck Misato, a surrogate mother figure.

Did you even watch the show and the movie?

Who wouldn't wanna fuck Misato?

>Shinji was just resilient

Shinji didn't do shit against Leliel, Bardiel, Ariel and Armisael - the angels that directly tried to corrupt the pilots and/or Evas

>Mommy saved him against Leliel when he just gave up
>Dummy plug just kicked in yo, against Bardiel
>Daddy wouldn't let him play with Ariel, so Rei had to lance it
>Rei took a hot angel load in Unit 00's uterus and an heroed to stop Armisael raping Unit 01

Shinji was only good against the brute force kind of angels

if she was irl below 8 my guess would be nobody

Shinji was the only kid to make it to the end.

i love taht movie desu

this is stupid

i wathed the show, not the movie

That's just one example. The series has so much Freudian/sexual imagery its cray. That scene where the worm angel penetrates unit 00 and it looks pregnant, Asuka "it's raping my mind!", gendo sliding his hand down Rei's nubile body till he reaches her crotch and winces, this pic itself it looks like Rei is having an orgasm

Evangelion is basically "what if we took the typical anime story (young teenage boy gets cool mech/superpowers/magical sword/etc, fights aliens and monsters, and is surrounded by hot chicks), but made the protag act like an actual human being"

Toji was fine. Just missing a leg
You could pilot and Eva with one leg if needed, but Gendo, Seelee etc. were in a race to hurry things along

This shows they can adapt seeing what happened to the others, but does not put the idea of a competition out of the window completely.
But I see the point.

The parasite one.

is she the most complex written anime character ever ? I feel like she is

>tfw evangelion will never get the cinematic recognition it deserves simply because anime is still regarded as a pleb-tier medium

>HBO will never have an Evangelion event where they air 2 episodes of Eva a week followed by a limited theatrical release of End of Evangelion

I just want people to understand how good it is

Am I a pleb for finding this series slow? Is it only watching for the fight scenes? Because the interactions between characters was grating as fuck.

It is slow. It's supposed to be slow

She just wanted to be a big girl

>limited theatrical release of End of Evangelion
Fuck I'd do anything for this

i know that's the most minimal sum-up of her character, but i mean all the layers and thinking that went into her writing. Can't think of another anime character that has so much baggage and development over the course of a show.

Maybe the really long ones - haven't seen LOGH yet but i hear that it has great characters. Monster is also pretty rich in character development. But i still think Asuka is the most complex.

>Eva has religious themes

Hardly. It's clear that the people involved were completely clueless when it came to Christianity and just used Christian iconography because they thought it looked cool and exotic

Eva as a whole is not a religious anime, it is more of a middle finger to the anime industry

>EVA has nothing to do with christianity
Eli! Eli! lama sabactani.

My university used to let you hire out the screens at the cinema. People sometimes used to do shit like play vidya games on them

Never occurred to me to watch EoE on there. That said, I didn't have the Blu Ray rips back then, so wouldn't be quite so glorious

>Christianity

Or Judaism.

Eva is many things user. But I wasn't trying to argue wether Eva is religious or not, I was just trying to answer that other user's question.

Thoughts on the rebuilds?

Unnecesary, bad filmed, character killer. And it's not like Anno forgot how to film without depression, Shin Gojira was cool as fuck.

4.0 never ever coming out

I will not be able to formulate a sound opinion until 4.0 is out.

Until then, it's a fun little alternate story that should never be compared to the series ever.

There are. I would say spiritual rather than religious, but that's semantics. I'm assuming you don't know any Kabbalah. Various things in Evangelion are hard to grasp without it. Things which are usually bastardized in mainstream christianity. If you really like the series, I'd invest some time in at least a superficial study of either kabbalah or maybe gnostic christianity.

I think the depression was good for the original series, though.

>Ramiel
>not Leliel
top Lel

>pokemon 7 gens

So why did Lilith decide to gather up all the human souls for intrumentality? And why did she decide to do that before giving Shinji a choice to undo instrumentality? And why did she give Shinji a choice? Did she ask the opinion of anyone else?

>Why did the creator of the angels suddenly care more about humans than his own children.
He achieved peak gayness.

So why did Lilith decide to gather up all the human souls for instrumentality?
It was Rei that wanted to unite everyone so there wouldn't be any pain.
And why did she decide to do that before giving Shinji a choice to undo instrumentality?
he was the one who initiated it and Rei/Lilith gave her the choice
And why did she give Shinji a choice?
She loves him
Did she ask the opinion of anyone else?
She explicitly says that anyone that wishes to be reborn will be reborn and those who choose to stay are allowed to do so

>She explicitly says that anyone that wishes to be reborn will be reborn and those who choose to stay are allowed to do so

I wonder how many chose to be reborn.

only two from what we see, but I'm an optimist, so I like think that most people did

Zeruel. They were fucked without berserk mode.

Anyone else think that instrumentality was actually a pretty good idea?

>Asuka putting a forced expression to impress Kaji

Pathetic

fpbp

best episode of the series too

I'd rather live forever as an eva

it'd be like being on Sup Forums, but all the time and much worse.

gtfo, anime is not considered as art

>Complex

>Crave sex with a male companion
>Turn suicidal due to lack of intimacy

She's like most girls.

the only good thing about them is the quality of the animation, sound design and the soundtrack imo. They really butchered the story, characters and atmosphere.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487196224004.webm

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1487195955506.webm

If literal shit on canvas in modern art can be considered art then so can eva

I really wonder what other medium have used the same concept? it's a pretty cool and idea when you think about it but it was used almost nowhere

also I remember from several years ago an amateur short story where there was basically the instrumentality except everyone was suffering, but I can't recall the name

Does anyone feel that "2deep4u" parts were unneeded? Like there was some political/industrial espionage thriller thing going on and it was sorta dropped midway.

>gtfo, anime is not considered as art

Exactly, it's not considered - doesn't mean that it isn't.

You see, Earth is not considered round by a bunch of people, but that doesn't mean they are right.

So instrumentality was used to cure all suffering?

>what is the rebuild

it's the people that chose to be reborn

oh is THIS thread again

Still not art, dude. Try as you might. Video games and anime are still considered an entertainment. NOT ART. Keep wasting your time tho. Maybe some day.

it was to gather all the humans to become one entity, because all the human race is considered as a type of angel

Anno got really depressed halfway through and just said "fuck it".