Did anyone else hate this fucking show as a kid?

Did anyone else hate this fucking show as a kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0
youtube.com/watch?v=CNoXQcgVN48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. I'm not a homosexual.

>yfw you never got to play with LOG growing up

life is suffering.

Yes. My parents maybe wisely refused to purchase cable television throughout my childhood, so I would only catch bits of the show here and there on occasion when I was away from home. The animation was grotesque, the characterizations horrific, violent, and dehumanizing. It made me feel sick, loose appetite, loose sleep. I could not comprehend why such a horrible thing was allowed on public television, for young people no less. At an early age it played a key role in instilling a deep mistrust in me of modern culture and society.

It made my little dick rock hard.

>home schooled American Christian

I was a teen during the 90s and I loved that it was so weird and subversive

I watched several episodes as a kid, but probably after the one where Ren's teeth rot out of his head and his twitching nerve endings stick out of his gum holes, I couldn't even stand to see or hear it anymore.

if you didnt like this show you are just simply a pleb

The first two seasons are honestly great, and pretty up there regarding animation in the 90s.

Nah! it was the greatest show on earth of course SpongeBob rightfully took its place as GOAT in the history of television

The use of classical music in the background was annoying as fuck and made the show literally impossible to watch. Completely unfitting and lazy.

Animation was great, the show is less than mediocre. If you think this is the sacred cow of 90's television you belong on Reddit.

I always remember the first episode I seen

It was by far the weirdest show when it was on. I liked it but it freaked me out

hahaha shut up pussy

how retarded am I to just now realize that SpongeBob got the idea of the ultra detailed grotesque frames from Ren and Stimpy?

pretty retarded

That's where I ended off more or less. Tbh, it was great, but I had 90s teen stuff to do.

First season was perfect
Second season had great episodes but some eh ones too
After that it's pretty eh

Ren & Stimpy, Invader Zim and Liquid Television were the only animation I could get in to back then. I never understood how the rest of you could watch shows without any edge to them.

Doug, Hey Arnold, Ed Edd and Eddy etc were all so fucking dull. It was like watching paint dry. And what's worse is that you're all nostalgic for that shit now. Normies gonna norm I guess.

No...you are the normie

also like 90% of the music

this show was ok, but the episode that stands out in particular is when stimpy tried his hand at making an animated film. the segment with wilbur cobb is one of my favorite monologues of all time and is pure kino

>kino

Can based kino die already jelly bro kek

>I am and have always been a bitch ass pussy
thanks for clearing that up bruv

>The animation was grotesque
You mean "masterful", right? Ren & Stimpy ended a decade+ long drought of good animation in cartoons.

It's better than that piece of shit show Beavis & Butthead

>At an early age it played a key role in instilling a deep mistrust in me of modern culture and society.

Seeing as how modern culture and society are complete shit nowadays, I'd say this is a good thing.

I think we can all agree that this show was terrible

this show sucked too
boring white people show

Yes, I hated every American cartoon on television because the artstyle was fucking revolting.

I share this opinion.

My first episode was the lumberjack that cheese grated his elbow, then put salt and lemon juice on it.

Did you at least like the maxx?

I fucking loved it, it was so weird and trippy.

Son of Stimpy was the worst episode by an absolute mile.

kys my man

I was three when this show first came out so I didn't watch it. When I was older and heard all my high school friends talk about how great the show was I gave a few eps a watch, but it was mostly gross and I didn't really care for it. I really don't understand how Nick even put this on their channel, to be honest. It aired during the day not long after Nick Jr. switched back to regular shows, so I bet a lot of youngsters were freaked out.

they used to play this before a movie at my kinoplex way back

kids would leave and hang in the lobby because it made people feel uncomfortable

From a traditional animation standpoint, it is absolutely amazing. Definitely worth studying for any animation student.

Unfortunately, I hated the unlikable characters, gore, slow pace and long drawn out pauses. Had some memorable jokes though.

It was my favorite show growing up.

This show was Cinematica Grotesque. You shut your pussy mouth and go back to feggit.

>kinoplex

I want to strangle you

Cartoons from back then were disgusting and creepy as fuck. Anyone who likes this is mentally ill

Agreed 100%. Can't even believe something like this was approved for kids under 13.

This thread is a good reminder that Sup Forums is full of 11 year olds

I don't think you have the strength pal

Beautiful

I respect Ren and Stimpy for its influence on shows like Spongebob and because it is tremendously well animated. It's legacy is something to be respected.

However, no matter how many times I tried to watch it (and I did make several honest efforts), I just don't find this to be funny in the slightest. Yeah it's gross, I get it, I've seen worse, but if you are not disgusted by it and if you don't find it funny there is absolutely nothing of interest besides the animation.

>anyone who likes what i don't like is mentally ill

Cool bio, fag. I don't know what would compel someone to share this.

R&S used the Night of the Living Dead music pretty much every episode, it being public domain.

When did soccer moms start visiting this hellhole?

sounds more like he was raised by one

First tiem I heard about was someone singing the LOG song on a campus bus. The only funny thing about the whole series.

get a load of this cuck!

And cartoons CONTINUE to be dull to this day. Worst is they have a shortcut to make them lazier now.

MY DINOSAUR DROPPINGS, PAINTED. LIKE EEEEASTAR EEEEEEEGS.

yes, me

the irony was lost on me and I just found it gross. I appreciate it more now

JOY

And you wanna know what else? I'm gonna hit ya!

that's it i've had enough of your tomfoolery

I relate to Ren

>parents got the impression that Ed, Edd n Eddy was an Adult Swim show for some reason and I wasn't allowed to watch it

it's the happy happy joy joy song

youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0

I'll watch some TV, it'll help me to RELAX!

I saw it as a very young child and I couldn't understand what part of it was funny. I understood everything else around it appealed to me and cartoon network was a TV channel for children, so assumed there were kids out there somewhere who enjoyed this sort of thing, but never developed that myself.

Invader Zim is really bad. That show had some decent bits, but it was overshadowed by the RANDOME humor.

>Ed Edd and Eddy
I was shaking my head in partial agreement until you dissed EEE. That show was pretty out there for its time, the kids were little shits and the artstyle was purposely ugly.

In terms of "edge" it was up there with Zim.

>WITH THESE HANDS

Some of people that worked on ren and stimpy went on to work on spongebob

That episode made me both scared and laugh as a kid. Early R&S was kino as fuck.

you most certainly are, if you liked this infantile crap

yes

This

MY OPERA RECORDS. COVERED IN BOOBLE GUM!

one thing about ren & stimpy is that was able to morph their faces into different expressions, something you don't really see often in newer cartoons

absolutely the best episode. that monologue has stuck with me my entire life.

> how easily i could... end the farce
> with THESE HANDS
> these DIIIRTY HAAAANDS...!

Saw a documentary piece and they said they weren't allowed to draw the same face twice, obviously there're only so many faces but the effort shows.

It was okay. I was more into Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life though. The ending theme was tight though.

And those rules should apply to newer animators.

You're a faggot.

For anyone that's curious, here's the episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=CNoXQcgVN48

is this when Billy West replaces Kricfalusi?

I forced myself to suffer through Adult Party Cartoon, I just can't stop watching that train wrecl

Why did SpĆ¼mco do it?

They wanted the Family Guy audience

And Ren & Stimpy got it from Basil Wolverton

How can someone be so wrong. Maybe the best animation in the entire series.

John K's reading of these lines is amazing. Each syllable is a work of art

It really is

>My collection of RARE, INCURABLE. DISEASES!

Same. Most people think that John is a bad writer because he doesn't write in the style of the typical animated sitcom writer

>ironic line
>clever comeback
>goofy punchline
>witty rejoinder

But there are so many lines and monologues in R&S that stick in your mind forever. This one about Ren planning to break Stimpys neck sure stands out.

All these are good examples too

I'm shocked John K doesn't have a show on Adult Swim. He'd fit right in.

>I determine my likeness of media on how it looks.

As a kid I saw a couple on VHS and they weren't the funniest cartoons I ever saw but they were oddly compelling.

Years later when they aired on MTV, I tried to watch them, I didn't get into it because I was so into The Simpsons and similar shows at the time.

A few years later when I was in animation college, I started reading Johns blog and all the detail and technique that went into the animation and rewatched it with a new appreciation.

The show is pure patrician animation and if you don't like it, you are by definition a pleb

He's burned too many bridges.

Sometimes you gotta beat a few eggs to get where you are. Y'know, swat a few flies

What about dexters lab and PPG? Was that good too? Like animation wise. Is it as good as r&s. The writing too I mean.

Magical Nose Goblins.

Never watched it as a kid since I was 25 when it first aired.