When does this show git gud?

When does this show git gud?
They just killed off the limey fuck, but they're gonna pin the heart of the show on Charisma fucking Carpenter?
>monster of the week
>it dropped the Buffy universe with a darker tone and just became a buffy clone

how long do I stick out this season 1 bullshit?

when Connor shows up

>When does this show git gud?

Episode 1, scene 1.

is this a serious answer?

baby campbell isn't terrible and i don't need to be apprehensive?

t. ron burgundy?

>Limey Fuck

Do you mean the irish guy?

Anyway Wesley is 10/10 in this show. Better characters will be introduced as the show progresses. Connor is not one of them.

don't quote me with op man i'm english

Well technically they're multiple limey fucks since Angel is also an irish bloque.

that being said the show gets consistently better throughout 1 and really finds its groove leading into season 3. It has some drop points in season 4 but some of the miniarcs and character arcs make up for it and by time you're all done, you'll hit season 5 and love it so much that you'll defend a 20 year old show, even now.

2 and 3 are probably the best series

I personally don't think Angel has that many standout villains, monsters, battles or episodes as Buffy does - there are peak moments and good characters/villains, but it's strength is that it tends to be more generally consistent throughout than Buffy which has more highs and lows

The themes are more mature and presents more adult circumstances than Buffy

Once the fred poster shows up, he'll convince you Op. I mean it happens anyway.

fuck off, Connor is great

his only bad moment is when he jobs to Faith because lol slayers > dhampirs

He does get a tad annoying in season 4 with the whole sneering misery but honestly I felt he was okay in season 5 and it made up for it a lot.

Season 5 is so good it's worth suffering through the entire Connor arc and every other bad or boring part of the previous four seasons.

It definitely has the best series finale for in universe reasons that most shows will never understand or encapsulate in their world or writing.

I assume by Limey you mean Doyle (who is Irish, not British).

That means you're about to meet his replacement and get introduced to Gunn.

That means you're almost through the casual filter.

Of course you sound like you hate the show so you can always quit if you like. Nobody's forcing you to stick with it. But if you liked Buffy then you should because Angel is better.

And since I don't have any Angel pics that aren't spoilers, have this instead

>fuck off, Connor is great

No, he's not.

I'm a Dawn fan so I'll forgive a LOT and let people have their opinions usually. But Connor is not great.

Oh yeah, I forgot Cordelia used to be shit at the start of the show. Man, she turned out great.

>implying you didn't love this

Literally gets worse as it goes, abandoning all personality.

S5 is the best season simply because it removes Cordy and Connor. It's not that the writing improves much, but much of the deadweight is trimmed.

I liked grown up Cordelia, once the visions started raping her to death she got a lot more tolerable

All she did was whine about it. She hit her peak around the first half or 2/3rd of S2.

All her champion bullshit was retarded, not to mention the white glowy superpowers or whatever that bullshit was.

>not to mention the white glowy superpowers or whatever that bullshit was

>be actress in ongoing tv series
>get pregnant
>don't tell show-runners
>start showing as pregnant
>FUCK.jpg
>can't write her out
>writers have to come up with some reason character is pregnant
>FUCK.jpg
>so.......she bone's Angel's son because the visions made her do it so she could give birth to God........

Not entierly anyone's fault, more of a general clusterfuck

When Darla and Drusila show up to fuck shit up.

Then the show becomes garbage when Connor shows up.

That was S4. All the championing, earthmother, glowy shit was late S3.

It made sense for a closed episode and definitely added to the whole tragic and unrequited angle.. I remember watching that episode live in 99' or whatever.

Definitely gave false hopes.

only plebs hate connor

I really really like david boreanas. Inthink bones is quite literally top 10 tv shows pf all time.

But i think angel is laughably bad.

>But i think angel is laughably bad

Bro I 'mean come on. I know David has consistent work and everything because of bones for 12 years doesn't make it good. Some episodes sure but over-all the show has been mediocre.

Angel has a consistent quality and peaks of greatness that haven't shown up anywhere else in his career and he technically didn't have to do much.

When he can manage to pull funny out of his stoic-ness in season 3 of Buffy during Earshot, that is ironically some of his best acting.

>hurr durr Connor is bad
I want Reddit to leave.

Hes so fucking handsome. I am strictly heterosexual i love banging girls. But david boreanas and lee pace are gorgeous, right?

>spend entire life in a hell dimension
>only companion is an elderly englishman from the 18th century
>arrive back on earth with a thick Southern Californian accent
>instantly know how revolving doors work

His entire premise is flawed

It starts to get good about halfway through season 2. Season 5 is the best season.

>His entire premise is flawed

>vampires can't have kids
>2 vamps have a kid

You got that right.

>vampires can't have kids

Says who

>implying Southern California is distinct from hell

The shows. Multiple times. In fact the writers stressed it in interviews when they caught flak for Angel and Buffy not wrapping it up when they did it.

Vampires