Literally white people: the movie

>Literally white people: the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=V9t4SKWryWM

Why does T-Mak keep making these films?

Other urls found in this thread:

mubi.com/notebook/posts/notes-on-terrence-malicks-to-the-wonder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

movie looks like shit the only things that would make it worse are niggers or nigger plot devices

More like Fisheye Lens: The Movie

Is that Notch's house in California?

theres literally thing wrong with being white

what's wrong with white people
literally smartest and most important race on earch
if minorities disappeared in one moment, not much would change
if white people disappeared in one moment, the world would collapse.

shitskins WILL get mad at this because it makes them feel uncomfortable, but it's it's the objective truth

why do actors keep staring in them, it seems to be like some goal for them like they've transcended above just making a movie? irony is lots of them are a bit poop

No one can tell me that this is a movie they're looking forward to.

The Terry Autism Crew has been looking forward to it for like FIVE YEARS now

Autism man sucks on autism girl feetsies in this pure kino from autism king
Based Terry!!! He is KINO he is LOVE he is LIFE

this looks awful

I love fisheye lens scenes to be honest

Because Terry is PWC

fuck white people

WHAT ABOUT DRUMPF?

More like >ywn the movie

I've never felt love. Most of the sex I've had was just girls rebounding off other guys or working through emotional problems. All the "girlfriends" I've ever had were just waiting for their exes to take them back.

>nigger plot devices
lol what are you talking about?

I doubt Malick had any of these experiences

i'm so tired of these kinds of movies

am i pleb if i can only stand things like verhoeven, carpenter or crappy horror movies that are bad funny anymore

You've never fallen for a talented rock chick who then breaks your heart for a Fassbender?

>i'm so tired of these kinds of movies

We all are. In fact, one can feel the emptiness from the trailer. The absence of real warmth. Malick is a rich trust fund kiddie who has spent large parts of his depressed life at Hollywood parties. He then makes movies about this sense of alienation that appeals to other rich actors/actresses who feel that same emptiness. For some reason they try to sell it to an audience that hasn't experienced this lifestyle, so we get all of the melancholy but none of the understanding.

>I doubt Malick had any of these experiences
It really feels like he's drawing from personal experience, in all his works

Gee whats the latest rock band

>WHITE PPL MAKING WHITE PPL MOVIES ABOUT WHITE PPL STARRING WHITE PPL

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED

this man was not banging 10/10s

He doesn't look like Gosling either, the film is more than the cast

THE KING

>DUDE fish-eye cameras lmao

I just some roonroon even at the cost of shots of grass swaying with a voiceover.

I'm starting to see that Fassbender plays Fassbender in every movie he's in. He can act but it's so 1 note.

It's malick, you're lucky the entire movie isn't one long sweeping shot of grass over time to symphonic music.

WE SHALL NEVER SPEAK OF ASSASSINS CREED AGAIN

THE AGE OF VIDYAKINO IS OVER BEFORE IT BEGAN

I'd say the Jobs movie was very not him, and honestly if you contrast that against macbeth where you can barely understand him..

versus Assassins creed which could have been a decent movie with some better editing.

Terry was a Chad in his youth. He also never really struggled for money, and has high status from his success as an artist. He's somewhat introverted and shy but he's also a big Hollywood filmmaker, which requires undeniable leadership skills and confidence/authority. He was married a few times. KoC also hints at his lustful side: degenerate L.A. parties, relationships with strippers and probably even whores, the character encounters a priest but also a pimp, he dates nurturing women with good values but also has casual flings with easy sluts... Actually the best thing about KoC is how it's basically about sinning and being lost, despite knowing there's more to strive for. TTW is "inspired" by a relationship he had while in France. While somewhat autobiographical, it's also obvious he greatly idealizes relationship experiences in his work for poetic value and strives to depict the universal aspect rather than the strictly personal. I adore Terry but I think this is both his greatest strength and flaw at the same time. His over-reliance on beautiful Hollywood stars is part of his overall idealized aesthetics, but it makes him shallow and disconnected from what's real, which has become more and more obvious lately (there are a few scenes that features strikingly ugly people, disabled people, old people, etc and you can't help but wonder why they are in his films, what he's trying to show.... as they're only allowed to be in the background but would never be allowed to be main characters). Again to quote KoC, there's a scene that mentions how beauty is perhaps the closest thing we have to angels, to touching the divine... but I think Terry is also aware that it's also kinda the opposite, how being shallow blinds us from the real divine stuff in all of us. But if his films actually were mundane and with average looking people awkwardly twirling in the grass, would we even watch them? No, because we're hypocrites too.

So this is gonna be Knight Of Cups 2? Or a mix of Knight Of Cups with To The Wonder? Any way, I'm not really looking foward to it anymore.
Specially since it's probably gonna have all the lovey dovey shit and those annoying scenes where two characters are walking down the street and one is ahead of the other, but is looking at the one behind and skipping and jumping and horsing around. Or those "reflexive" ones where two characters are side by side but each one is looking one way.
Either way, I'm not happy, I just wanted more transcedental stuff.

Some mubi essay that expands on this feeling, which I feel is one of the most interesting criticisms thrown at Malick, instead of the usual mindless "boring and pretentious" shit

mubi.com/notebook/posts/notes-on-terrence-malicks-to-the-wonder

>Where's all the shit?

I scribbled this question on page three of my notes, which would put it near the midpoint of To the Wonder, soon after recent emigree and single mother Marina (Olga Kurylenko) returns to Paris with her young daughter, thereby freeing her commitment-phobic lover Neil (Ben Affleck) to pursue Jane (Rachel McAdams), a former flame who's moved back home to manage the family ranch. It's my favorite section of the film because it's Malick at his most malicky. We're treated to shot after shot of Affleck and McAdams posing poignantly in fields of tall grass, always at magic hour, always just a touch wind-blown. As the music swells, Jane glides toward Neil, her red dress a small explosion of dancing color. It's as beautiful as anything Malick has ever shot. My next note reads, "Nice sequence. Like an MGM musical." I'd never before thought of Vincente Minnelli or Gene Kelly while watching a Malick film, but the viewing pleasures are of the same basic stock. He makes movies, but increasingly I’ve come to think of Malick as a choreographer.

So, really, where's all the shit?

I live on a small farm with two horses, which is a small fraction of the livestock on McAdams's character’s ranch, and I can say with some authority that the shit-to-animal ratio is unnaturally low in To the Wonder. That the crew might have made an effort to minimize the amount of manure in a few shots is hardly worth noting except that this film, to my mind, is a kind of test case for Malick's aesthetic, which worships beauty to such an extent that he seems increasingly phobic of the imperfect and the everyday.

whats wrong with white people?

It's fucking Eli Manning.

THEIR FUCKING WHITE

Why is ryan goslings hair armless? Is that the secret to hollywood success? Shaving your arm hairs?

They're really sad for some reason.
Latinos live in shitholes but always find reasons to laugh and smile.
White people are stressed and suicidal.

y-yeah latinos are always happy!
>snorts coke
>bribes police officer
>cartel beheads you
i-it's always sunny in mehico

>people shitting on Malick in the comments
normie genocide when?

Atheism + too much free time = nihilism

People are still happy despite all the problems. I'm not saying latinos are better than whites, not at all. But it sure seems weird that they're generally more upbeat. Also, mostly white countries have higher suicide rates, only after the asians, but noone cares about them.

That is because stupid people tend to be more easily satisfied. Hand these monkies a stick and they're happy.

>goose and roon-roon

is this autismkino?

Meh... I wish I was happy with little, tbqhwy, pham.

He knows the white race is superior. Sieg Heil.

sounds like an awesome movie to get really high and really drunk to

kek wtf

I said FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Why does it have to get twisted though? Take Fassbender out from the movie, make Goose the good guy, like a love triangle. Hell maybe not even a love triangle, Portman can keep being a guest star.

In the trailer, some parts really look so comfy and you feel that love feeling, but the rest is meh. Why's this Malick? You're getting old you know.

This is absolute upper crust tier whites

Even shit like modern family is high tier

Most of us are Malcolm in the Middle or Married with Children

What kind of person do you have to be to enjoy Malick films?

Ascended beings

RIGHT, BUT YOUR FORGETTING THE OTHER PART