What was exactly morally wrong about this?

What was exactly morally wrong about this?
Terrorists arn't people
Is the Abu Ghraib scandal only considered shameful because they were caught, or the act itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

autism speaks

I never understood this pic.
What's the deal with the mask? Or the wires?
What's going on here? What's horrific about it? Just looks odd to me really.

I think it falls under "cruel and unusual punishment"

>What's the deal with the mask?

Torture itself is cruel, and inhumane. As western civilizations we should adhere to civilize treatments to detainee and prisoners. I don't think they should be treated unfairly, and I think that America should not intervene in the Middle East, or have such a huge military presence at all. The picture itself shows racism within the us military, and needs to be dealt with.

I get that but what's even the punishment really?
jej m8

Well, I believe the punishment was that the guy was made to stand there for hours, denied food and water, and subjected to random electic shocks.

This was done for no reason, except the gratification of the guards. This, unsurprisingly, is against regulations.

I understand hostility to cruel punishment but if it can be proven that humiliation or psiops type shit (not the "make someone stay awake for 62 hours" type) works then I don't have a problem with it.

And I'll admit the idea of forcing some ISIS asshole to watch boku no pico or my little pony 24/7 until he gives us the information we want is hilarious and subjecting them to that is pretty small potatoes compared to them beheading and blowing up and vivisecting and setting people on fire.

What kind of retarded insecurities are you projecting to say that insane war harderned radicals will buckle and give their secrets because they're forced to watch animation?

>vivisecting
Have ISIS done this?
Of all the ISIS execution videos I've seen I've never even heard of this

You expect someone who advocates forgetting "innocent until proven guilty" to have any kind of logical thought?

a leaf

Well i assume we should define what is cruel and unusual based on what we think is cruel and unusual and not what they think is cruel.
Now burying People in a manner pic related is not inhumane at least not in my point of view.
Think about it they blow up and kill people so they get into heaven.
All you do is basically denying them getting to heaven for killing people.

OP can get fucked, terrorists are people, don't give in to racist hate memes you dumb robots

>canadian visits america and posts

The mask is sensory deprivation/dehumanizing. Standing for hours in a cell probably sucks. The shocks keep you awake.

God fucking forbid another human being has power over me, we're fucking cruel.

Because you need a trial to determine if they actually are terrorists before you torture the shit out of them ameritard.

Yeah, it's pretty much ok. I think the outrage was mostly progressive bleeding hearts.

Are you literally asking whats wrong with torture?

Man you should join the CIA

t. someone from a country which is terrorism association

Liberals and cuckservatives have this weird notion that we should play by rules even when our enemies don't. See also: the disavowment of any form of white, European, or Christian identity in politics, or free trade.

It's why we're losing our civilization.

At least the world knows our flag

thanks for letting us have the most expensive currency.

no they're not LOL

At least it's not an Iraq flag you're posting from. You're welcome. :^)

I cant believe how uninformed Sup Forums is about this.

Guy was told that if he moves in any significant way, he will be electrocuted.
Cables are fake. Its a sort of stress position

inb4 waterboarding isnt tortue
youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0

Ofc the world knows your flag, you are after all the people who invented terrorism

im not kuwaiti

OP you're a fucking retard.

US invaded Iraq for no fucking reason and then torture POWs like this.

They're Iraqi military.

See this is the problem. This shit doesn't work at all.

If you torture someone for hours on end they'll say whatever you want to stop the pain. This has been proven again and again and again. If you read the actual reports about the prison, the treatment, findings, you realize the state could not prove one instance where corced information was true.

Looking at it from a protecting us from doomsday perspective, do you feel the government is justified in taking our metadata or throwing us on secret lists? Doing that type of shit would do more in the long run to protect us from harm than making some sand faggot piss himself.

I bet you enjoy it when Muhammed terrorizes your bunghole.

>If you torture someone for hours on end they'll say whatever you want to stop the pain. This has been proven again and again and again.

The Nuremberg trials relied on torture to get testimony from the key witnesses that the Holocaust was real and planned. You aren't denying the Holocaust, are you? :^)

In a nutshell: Torture is bad because it violates dozens of regulations in warfare. It's cruel and dehumanizing, so on a moral level it is pretty terrible.

On a practical level it is terrible too, especially when your forces are geared towards occupation rather than invasion. occupation is a long term strategy with very little short term gains, it relies heavily on public trust to justify the large financial cost (in human history it is fairly common for nations to fall into ruin and revolt as a result of military expenditure and war weariness). Torture destroys the sense of moral necessity that war is often justified with, and thus dissolves public support as a result.

>not checking the flag

Brah he's posting from a Muslim country. The only bunghole touching is between little boys and men, or on Thursdays.

>implying information gathering isent a thin veil to justify CIA blokes getting their rocks of

That pic always spoops me so much
Reminds me of some pyramid head

say you pick up an Iraqi hairdresser. You think, he's a terrorist.

So you ask him:
>who are your partners? What are your plans?
>I dont have any partners, Im just a hairdresser, please

you shock his testicles for one minute, then you ask again:
>Im not a terrorist please I dont

you then bring in his daughter (whom you captured alongside his entire family), rape her in front of him and saw her head off afterwards.

you ask again:
but the man is in shambles and cant answer, so you bring in his other daughter and his wife, and ask again:

and you know what? He will tell you who his partners are, he will tell you what his plans are. He will make anything up, anything to make it stop.

Do you really not see the reliability problem in using torture in interrogations?
That's what they did in the middle ages, you fucking savage

There was a very large collection of people who were innocent. They were "captured" because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and many were turned in by other people who were being tortured and gave names to make the torture stop.

Abu Ghraib wasn't even about "terrorists." It was enemy combatants in a country we invaded for no legitimate reason. They were defending their country against an invasion force. The people who weren't innocent civilians were just soldiers defending their homes.

The Americans (and let us not forget the Brits who did the same shit on a smaller scale) were not even torturing to get information. The vast majority were diseased, mentally ill fucks who were getting their sick jollies off. Period. They were not intelligence personnel under orders to gather information, they were sociopathic criminals.

They were "Christian" ISIS cult followers.

If you can't tell... You're an american.

I would never deny the 99 million (may they bake in peace) mister goldburg.

You're right, that is what I'm not implying I'm saying CIA torture is just "muh 9/11" and somebody trying to suck a general's dick to look good.

Because good guys don't do this shit

/Thread

I bet your uncle sam enjoyed terrorizing civilians in the jungle all in the name of subversion

>Phoenix program

And then again in korea, and then again in the middle east for the past decade, and lets not forget about the contras I.e CIA trained "death squads" and the hundreds of shady black ops conducted by your country's intelligence agencies, including but not limited to smuggeling drugs in dead G.I's

Oh sorry that was poorly worded on my part

Quite a few of the people, the majority in fact, in Abu Graib were later found to be absolutely innocent. Just another rag head your Marines grabbed by mistake and then tortured and humiliated...

but you already knew that didnt you

>Terrorists arn't people
Well they are,but they are your enemy. If they weren't people it would actually be considered cruel. Substitute that shitskin with a puppy and most people will be more horrified.
THe jews were not considered subhuman by the Germans,hell they even collected their writings and artefacts to have a museum and research institute,whereas the poles and everything polish was to be wiped out from the collective memory.
Designating someone as an enemy is more effective than implying he is less then you,(even if that's true) because then you seem like a bully.