web.archive.org/web/20170216061515/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4645330/
web.archive.org/web/20170219053256/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4645330/
themoviedb.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1 more day till they all come here

At least we'll finally return to discussing movies and television

Or reddit.

What happened?

The message boards are being shut down at the end of today.

where did it all go so wrong?

Oh shit.

Doubt it. These alternatives are being spammed on the boards.

themoviedb.org
imdforums.com
imdb2.freeforums.net

Why?

If I was a web developer I'd work on a clone site with a forum section.

Seriously why is IMDB doing this? Too many bad goys in the forum?

Admins say because of trolling and outdated programs. Most likely they just don't want to deal with the headache of running them

IMDb is owned by Amazon

F

financial decision.

Eh, I use to post on IMDB more than here. The board structuring is kind of dated. By the end they were fixing/updating stuff, but i guess it was too late. It is kind of sad the more I think about it though.

Good times...good times

>GODSPEED

>THIS

And maybe budget reason too. Just think about it, there's a message board for every single movie/ episode damn near ever made...and you have to watch over all that shit.

This is gonna kill them eventually.

Soon you'll get all your film information straight from google.
With the discussion forms gone, IMDb won't have anything unique left.

>1990

Internet didn't even exist then.

Where will you go?
thetvdb.com/
imdb2.freeforums.net/
moviechat.org/

>financial decision
>about to lose at least half of their traffic

Seems reasonable................................................................................................................................................

Everyone is acting like a site will die without an active forum/comment area but I think we're moving to a post-comment internet. Not everyone needs to know what some basement deweller thinks about a movie. People get caught up in the ability to say whatever they want that they think they're entitled to comment on everything.

It won't be long before Youtube goes full no-comments too.

>2 nineties-looking websites and a lawsuit waiting to happen.

yes, soon, nobody will have a voice, which is a good thing cus BASEMENT DWELLERS LOL

go the fuck back to the reddit, maybe they'll get rid of comments too (dear god imagine what Sup Forums would become)

Were the message boards really that popular?

Name one other popular website where you have a board dedicated for each film

>He thinks internet-driven hyper-socialization is going to reverse, rather than accelerate forward

It will die. If I cared what "critics" think of a movie I wouldn't be online looking at peoples comments

Hey guys! IMDB user here! where is the Nolan discussion at?

>you will never be part of a warm friendly community like this
>you will always be mired in the cesspool of negativity that is Sup Forums

>nobody will have a voice
Get over it you entitled little millennial shitstain.

>warm friendly community
>imdb

we'll make our internet with blackjack and hookers

seriously though, the boards for nolan's batman movies were a fucking mess. batman begins and tdk specifically. i quit going there at some point because i couldn't handle the autism so i don't know about tdkr. the boards were lightning fast and in retrospect it really seemed like they were populated by a lot of people from 4chums. fucking crazy man. i can only imagine what it was like after baneposting became a thing.

They were planning on killing the boards ever since the CISbusters movie.

Reminder that IMDb killed Microsoft Cinemania

F.

I'm gonna miss reading the post from the boomers.

you are the one thats entitled here faggot, nobody owes you silence simply because you cant handle your favorite reddit-flix being lambasted by people with the capability for thought.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums. This is a tolerant, welcoming community.

>traffic

Does IMDB have ads? wouldn't users using the boards generate income?

>you are the one thats entitled here faggot
Says the retard who screams "They're taking away my voice!" when privately owned websites don't provide him with a comment section. How about you create your own website, you whiny cunt. But you won't, because you're a pussy ass parasite that has never been told no or accomplished anything in his worthless life.

Don't know, I use ublock.

Why they show trailers of originals Netflix shows?

>no more comfy checking of plot synopsis > trivia > reviews > comments after finishing a satisfying kino

Yeah maybe we can talk about some old movies if they come here and the shitposting might be diluted. Heres to hoping.

kill yourself

>wouldn't users using the boards generate income?

That's my point.

Does IMDB have ads?

Certain pages will generate trailers and such. I'd say that they're probably paid for those.

>checking plot synopsis after finishing a movie

>it's an american corporation kills off any sort of meaningful online interaction possibility episode

lol you sure seem entitled to assumptions huh

like i said, return to the reddit, faggots like you dont belong here.

>meaningful online interaction
>imdb

>entitled to assumptions
Christ, the kid's a goddamned retard. Learn what words mean before you try to use them.
Protip: by pulling out the le reddit meme you're admitting you have no rebuttal, and I accept your defeat.

Why are so many sites closing their forums? Like Adult Swim for example, do they just consider them a relic

>redditiors actually believe this
its not about whether you go there or not moron, its about your attitude. you act like a redditor.

>having such a narrow worldview that you think people exclusively use one website until it dies
Why did this board become so retarded?

>you act like a redditor
Explain how without using memes.

90%-95% of their traffic stay out of the boards. and they are the ones that give them ad revenue, there is no ad revenue from the boards, because of the difficulty of selling expensive ads there. the founder of imdb talked in detail about this a month before the reveal came of shutting down.

>1990
>Internet didn't even exist then.
Sure it did.
The WWW didn't exist, but the Internet did.

>have a place to easily find discussion about literally any movie ever made

F

;_;

guess you're one of those people that only go there to shitpost.

>watch any movie
>have some questions about the ending
>go straight to imdb and there's a thread discussing it with multiple different theories
>all of this will be lost now

Amazon shut down their author boards, too, even though those are moderated by the authors (I think).

No discussion allowed?

It was the comment section on picrelated that did them in.

I actually saw it the day before it was taken down, and it was the very first msg board to be taken down.

I really regret not capturing that page.

Watch this thread slide now.

My mom will be upset. So I am upset.

From what I hear, Trump, that scientology movie, and that holocaust denial movie were just too much.

I know, it's fucking awful

Now we're stuck with the choices of reddit or WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS BIG GUY 4U XD

Yeah, or the really old reviews on movies. It was always fun to read a review from the 90s.

It's done

>The IMDb message boards were disabled on February 20, 2017. This included the Private Message system. IMDb is passionately committed to providing innovative ways for our hundreds of millions of users to engage and communicate with one another. We will continue to enhance our current offerings and launch new features in 2017 and beyond that will help our customers communicate and express themselves in meaningful ways while leveraging emerging technologies and opportunities. For more information, see the FAQ here.

Too much for what? How?

>were
>February 20, 2017

To handle. All 3 of those things are known to be litigious and contentious.

Filums are too hard these days

The Jeeews man, the Jeeeews!

It's already tomorrow in Euroberg, user.

>litigious
Oh, I see.

>they couldn't even leave them up as non-replyable archives
>years of posts deleted

>All 3 of those things are known to be litigious and contentious.
As far as I know, IMDb has never been sued over any of those things before, and I'm fairly certain that would be impossible.

They also seemed averse to them even being archived.

Where will TheChamCham go?

Archive link possible? I remember browsing the board for that flick briefly but I didn't realize there were so many bad goyim on imdb.

the golden age of internet is truly over

F

no archive, they don't allow web crawlers on the boards. unless someone manually did it. but it's easy to figure out, there probably were a lot of Sup Forums types arguing about the holocaust etc.

Bad goyim aka muslims. Remember when France's population on twitter and social media was 'surprisingly anti-semitic.'

>I conveniently have no proof of this, but you should believe it anyway or else you're a shill!
never change, Sup Forums

What the fuck I thought they were just disabling posting?

Fuck me, there's so much content in those threads that's going to be lost forever.

I assume they won't offer us an archive. I actually tried looking for the Denial page when I first heard about them doing this a week or two ago, after I tried to reload the page and found it was deleted.

Based Muslim bros. Not afraid to stir the pot.

nah you're wrong, it was up on the 16th
web.archive.org/web/20170216061515/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4645330/

Sounds reasonable.

>nineties-looking websites
Where do you think you are?

You are an idiot if you think they haven't thoroughly analysed all the traffic data.

I meant to say that I tried looking for an archived version of the particular page on another server, but no one had archived it yet. And this was no more than a day after I had just looked at it befoe.

it was up on the 19th too
web.archive.org/web/20170219053256/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4645330/

there's nothing special about that movie, it wasn't taken down before the others.

Damn! Thanks for that bro.
I didn't try the wayback machine.

SAVED.

themoviedb.org/

is this site any good

I know we were losing years in purges.

Good riddance.

Nice try.Why do you faggots lie constantly to support your narrative? Are you too stupid to realize people have ways of disproving your bullshit?