Afghanistan

Are there any good movies about the war in Afghanistan? Seems like Iraq gets a lot of attention even though Afghanistan is the older war. All I've seen are documentaries and a couple subpar films like Hyena Road and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Military/comments/2hrv1u/almost/
youtube.com/watch?v=7TZOxlTwAvA
youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
youtube.com/watch?v=aW0VeaVgPes
youtube.com/watch?v=MRyd3i13VMI
youtube.com/watch?v=4I6-2NJhnf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

GIMME SOME AFGHANISTAN MOVIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's all the same shit fighting the same people in the same place.

Restrepo

Kongeral was good.

Charlie Wilson's War :^)

>iraq
>mountains
Your ignorance is adorable.

Miss Saigon 25th Anniversary

the follow up Korengal isn't as good but it's alright

Sand and shrubbery.

>the same people in the same place
stay in school kids

europeans make movies about afghanistan

burgers make movies about iraq

it was decided last illuminati meeting. keep up

Seen em both lads

>google maps doesn't recognize Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh as part of India

this

can you not see the pointed line you retard

Probably because of assmad muhammads

>Kazahkstan

That's a big country

>pointed
It's literally in India. It should be a solid line

This desu, the only good Afghan War movie

I was hoping for something that's not a documentary desu. I guess this just confirms that I'm not missing anything.

My dreams.

>tfw it was ironically the last place I could truly feel free and do whatever I wanted to anyone I wanted to do it to. I still hear their screams in the night. Why did they come to me to die? Why did they come to me to die?

Greatest country in the world

lol!

This is true. They not only have the best potassium but their national sport is throwing Jews down the well.

W-what

best Afghanistan movie

Americans were the bad guys

The Beast of War
Kajaki

Slim pickings.

Theres some really good documentary about the british royal marines training for the afghanistan missions, it features some charismatic negro trying to join and i don't think i ever cried to a movie but that documentary pulled some strings.
Its really great.
Better yet if you re a fag, the commander showers in front of the rookies and they show EVERYTHING.

>Rambo saves Afghans who years later kill American soldiers.

I know what you'd like to do. You'd like to find the guy who sent you there, rip his still-beating heart out of his chest and hold it in front of his face so he can see how black it is before he dies.

dont fall for this meme restrepo is trash

hollywood and the marine corps is only interested in making films about muhreens. since marines don't actually do anything fighting, they weren't in afghanistan

>t. pic related

Actually I was thinking about filing a grievance with his CO.

t. larper

Rambo joins the Taliban to kill Russians

Well... the world's a twisted place.

i was gonna call it rddit but considering you posted wojak i dont even have to

reddit.com/r/Military/comments/2hrv1u/almost/

t. welve year old who never saw Wayne's World

I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night. Why is it that if a man kills another man in battle, it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion, it's called murder?

Reddit needs to be nuked.

Lone Survivor was pretty cool.

When I was in Afghanistan I had to beat a shop owner and his son to death with their own shoes.

Hyena Road was alright. It had some cheesy writing, but it was cool seeing Canadian Forces on the big screen for once. I'm kind of disappointed there aren't more movies about Canadians in Afghanistan, considering it was one of the longest deployments in Canadian history.

>i was on drugs and saying silly things lol and it hurt real bad. btw dying makes u think of ur mom
Sounds like my aunt talking about getting her tooth pulled. Reddit faggots

This thread is now about the best side character in a comedy ever.

It was honestly really fucking terrible

You're right grampa I haven't seen the SNL spinoff that was popular when you were in college and hasn't been relevant in 25 years

Woulda been better without those cheesy death scenes. That one dude watching the sunrise with the picture of his wife or whatever had my eyes rolling out of my skull. I did like those hoo-rah bravado retards getting blown up though

>Indians don't recognize toilets

Enjoy wasting the best years of your life on a chink cartoon imageboard you fucking homo. You have a long hard road of misery ahead of you and it's your own fault.

SHOTS FIRED

You should sweep your fringe haircut out of your eyes, take off your sister's clothes, and give it a watch. It still holds up. I'm only twenty and I loved it.

And stop samefagging, it's cringe inducing.

It's the taste of a new generation.

>Enjoy wasting the best years of your life on a chink cartoon imageboard you fucking homo. You have a long hard road of misery ahead of you and it's your own fault.

that's really fucking funny but it also hurts inside

If you were a kid in the 90's, you saw Wayne's World.

>there are people on this board that consider people in their mid 20's, grandfathers

God I think I have to stop using Sup Forums.

>Froceful

You always think that people older than you are old as fuck. Then you get to their age and you realize you haven't really changed.

share more of your wisdom oh ancient one

No u

Thanks m8 but seen it.

THERE'S NONE LEFT

That's bullshit man. I'm 25 and teenagers seem like children to me at this point.

You're right guys I'm sorry, it's just that my mom took away my Netflix and I have a Spanish test tomorrow that's stressing me out, I didn't mean it

MODS

What are some good war films set in modern day Africa?

Blood Diamond

this. im 24 and teens seriously look like kids to me

There's Beasts of No Nation on netflix though I haven't seen it. Siege of Jadotville is good but its not quite modern day.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TZOxlTwAvA

Is this warkino?

youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

What are some more kinos about dumb rednecks performing war crimes?

Beasts of No Nation is unironically kino. Cary Fukunaga (True Detective S1) wrote, directed, and did the kinomatography for it

youtube.com/watch?v=aW0VeaVgPes

youtube.com/watch?v=MRyd3i13VMI

One question would resolve this. In that region do they poo in loo? If so, they are not India.

YouTube comments have never made me angrier

>this triggers the burger

>he thinks pakis and rural chinese don't shit in the streets
wew lad get your memes straight

What are some more kinos about trigger happy incompetence?

youtube.com/watch?v=4I6-2NJhnf4

>pincer movement on Iran

hmmmm really makes you think

>be british soldier
>get killed by american soldier

fuck you restrepo is good shit

>be an absolute retard told friendlies are orange
>open fire on orange vehicles
>kill a friendly and wound multiple friendlies
>run back to burgerland and suffer absolutely zero consequences

>god bless it!

do americans really say this after killing someone?

USA USA USA

there was barely any action in Afghanistan barely anyone died other than crashes and typical military oopsies, that's why it's so hard to make a movie about it, the best movie I can think of that took place there was about a bunch of retard soldiers that derped into a mine field

Yea that one was posted, seen it. Oh well.