What was the message that Kubrick wanted pass with the end of Clockwork Orange?

>I was cured allright

bumpin for answers

What's better? Being free and natural tho your behaviour may be destructive or being conditioned by society

Sometimes the asshole wins in the end
Evil doesn't exist only in thugs, but in the upper class as well

He was being facetious when saying he was cured.

pretty much this

It was about showing good in evil and evil in good

>brits are well quirky hehe xDDD

>It was about showing good in evil and evil in good

What you mean by this?

>pic unrelated

Last line is fairly subversive. Right before it Alex re-uses a line from earlier in the film he told to Deltoid, when he lied to him. That combined with the marriage metaphor at the end is a sign that he intends to betray the minister.

Changing ones nature is unatural, trying to force someone to do so is cruel and unusual punishment

Violence is part of human nature and cant be cured

his worst film
the epitome of indulgence

Nah, the shining

Nah,Full Metal Jacket is the "worst"

more like society tells you youre free and natural but you're really destructive

Nope it's Barry Lyndon. I failed to see the point in that movie
Not that a movie needs one but when compared to a film with a message it will always be outdone

FMJ has its problems mainly the second half but all of paris island is some of the best stuff ive seen

there is a happy medium between being nuts and fucking up random people for fun and being a little pussy who cant defend himself

The second part is lost on people with no service experience. There are things there mostly veterans will get.
Many of you only like the first half because just like the recruits depicted on screen, you're green and clueless. The general audience can relate to the guys being trained and stripped of their civilian personas more than they can with the full fledged soldier

Is this movie really worth watching? I tried once and got to the part where they're in the stupid looking car giggling and shut it off. Seemed gay dude like mad gay. Randomly assault some homeless dude I just don't get it

Stop posting

Thug life.

>Showing good in evil

It champions the virtues of independence and free will through a gang raping, murdering, psychopath.

>Evil in good

Showing the evils present (i.e.the brainwashing and abuse of Alex) in reforming him to become a good citizen.

Essentially, it is that you can observe positive aspects in evil actions and that things that benefit society can have their roots in evil.

I'll take that as a no it's mad gay

Go ahead and pass on it if you are over 16 years old. I tried to rewatch it a couple years back and I couldn't get 15 minutes in before shutting it off. I felt embarrassed just watching it.

Who is this?

It's my nature to try to change others' natures

The original story's message was that many in youth are impressionable and susceptible to causing violence. Kubrick threw away that chapter and changed the moral to you can't make bad people good. It is unethical to choose what is good in others. You are not their judge.