Did anyone else on this board watch this?

Did anyone else on this board watch this?

I'm actually surprised it's a German film. I liked it, but I think the message they were attempting to get across could be interpreted in many different ways. (read: Pro-Hitler)

Back to your containment board stormweewee

Great discussion. I'm glad you watched it.

I've heard of it, but I also heard you won't get most of the references and allusions unless you're familiar with German pop culture and politics.

I think the ambiguity was a strength. Not to meme but it really did "make you think" about what you value or what you consider important. I did like the ending but for the most part it was a funny comedy starring Hitler. I did like how he went Green party since the modern day NatSoc party were a bunch of pussies

is there a dub or subs out there?

On Netflix

I saw it on Netflix with subs.

It was pretty good. Interesting how they managed to tell a fish-out-of-water story where you felt some sympathy for one of (if not *the*) most reviled human in history.

I'm very slightly in-tune with German culture because of my German classes in high school and college, but I thought it was easy to follow.

I guess I agree. His speech at the end of the film about everyone relating to him deep down in their core was interesting. Also, I didn't look it up, but were some of those interviews near the beginning candid? I know the ending was, with the blacked out faces, but some of those conversations with older fellas in pubs seemed like legitimate interviews.

check these dubs

subbed

Like this film a lot. Have tried to discuss on tv before to little avail. It's genuinely funny and insightful, and I also was shocked that it came out of Germany

Yeah, I didn't know that going in but part of the movie was Borat style

my mom watched it and right after she asked if this was before or after merkel let in millions more and told he it was made before; she said, sounds like germany could really use him

That's amazing. Makes me like the film all that much more.

>His speech at the end of the film about everyone relating to him deep down in their core was interesting

This I think is the thesis of the film. The movie sets up all the Hitler speeches as true and relatable and you start coming over to his side, and the fact that can happen so easily shows people aren't "over" guys like Hitler. They could pop up at any time and ruin everything before you know whats happened.

I watched, found it a bit unrealistic. How come Hitler seemed to have no problem with Germany being filled with Turks and casually going about his business interacting with Turkish immigrant woman at the laundromat, not minding all the immigrants.

Also they portrayed him as a really friendly amicable personality and even showed him as a Greens supporter.

They showed him shooting a dog despite being a huge animal lover. Hitler was a vegetarian who created early animal rights laws

I think it played out realistically. Well, as realistically as you can expect from a time-travel movie.

Hitler knew he was out of his element and time. He wasn't a leader. He couldn't just kick out the immigrants, which is why he spent the whole movie amassing a following.

And I never thought of him as friendly. I mean, he shoots a dog right away. And he spergs out on the Jew family and whatnot.

I saw this movie
The ending was great btw

spoiler: It's actually a real nonfiction type ending where the protagonist (Hitler) drives around germany in a limousine like in WWII. The german citizens react, their faces are pixeled out because of reasons. You'll have to see it for yourself

I'm not Sup Forums and I enjoyed it.
And yes it might be offensive to some viewers

You'd think he'd freak out and go angry at everyone if he saw Germany filled with immigrants but instead he was more like "meh"

The ending basically was a warning about the alt-right and Marine Le Pen

Hitler was not really an ideologue. He just wanted power and influence and Jews/gypsys and communists were just scapegoats to further his goals. I'm sure he saw the current germans as weak and trying appeal to their racial pride wouldn't work.

>Hitler seemed to have no problem with Germany being filled with Turks and casually going about his business

During his stint in WW1 the turks were his comrades

True that. I believe Turks were also an enemy of Stalin not to mention hitler supported the Arabs against the British.

It's a shame he didn't ally with Turkey, he could have made a two pronged assault to seize Baku without dredging through miles of soviet mud, plus he could have easily secured all the oil from the Middle East and attacked the Suez Canal without having to cross the Mediterranean.

The parody of the "Downfall" scene was fucking brilliant, by the way.

They got every little movement down, haha.