If anything, this show proves that the early 2000s didn't end until 2006

If anything, this show proves that the early 2000s didn't end until 2006

Too bad the actor that plays the dad turned out to be such a libtard crybaby, hard to go back and watch this now

Separate the artist from their work

To be fair, Hal would probably express the same ideas if his wife was in earshot because he was such a cuck.

>one of the best sitcoms ever made
>they couldn't make more episodes because kids have to grow up

The kids growing up was the main reason the execs lost interest

what's he done that's so bad? voice displeasure at Trump like every other normal person?

it's better this way

at least we didn't have to see it go to shit, think of it that way fellas

YES

NO

MAYBE

I DON'T KNOW

CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION?

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Malcolm in the middle was bad when it aired and got worse with age. Rich little melinials on this board like it because it is like a little trip into being poor in 2002.

I was poor in 2002. Shit sucked.

underrated

I loved it because it's relatable and taught important lessons about how life and humanity are bullshit. You can like things for different reasons.

Also it makes Arrested Development look like shit, because it does the same no-laughtrack comedy but with characters that resemble real human beings, not unlikeable cartoon characters.

AND YOUR NOT A BIG GUY

I was poor in 2002, and I liked it.

You are bitter and projecting. I was in very similar household, class, and age as malcolm

Maybe at the start, everyone in MITM turns into over the top cartoon characters a couple of seasons in. And I say this as someone who likes both shows.

That feel when the show is 1000% better without Malcoms smug little dicksucking face pointed at the camera

Only psychos criticize Trump. He has never, in his entire life, done ANYTHING WRONG. He is the Messiah, and you know that he is the Messiah because all of his rallies look like they were taken directly from "People of Walmart". That is what smart people look like.

I mean, I haven't really seen much of that show, but isn't the entire point that, despite their eccentricities, the Hecks are happy and functional and well adjusted? That's, like, the polar opposite of Malcolm in the Middle.

Everyone seems to think Millennials are current teens when they're actually 20s and early 30s folks

It just wasn't funny though

I feel like that's because people are really bad at naming and identifying particular generations until way after the fact. Like, we can identify the Boomers and Gen X relatively easily because their hay day has passed and we can look back at history and their accomplishments and attitudes and assign them a neat label that fits whatever narrative we're trying to push. It's different when you are talking about a current generation. When I was in elementary school we were called generation Y, and everything was about how we had more access to information than any other generation in history and that was painted as positive. Later, probably when I was in High School or college, the "Millennial" term started popping up, and then all of our access to information was painted as negative, and the focus was put on myspace and social media and narcissism and entitlement. I think what happened was that the people pushing the narrative early on were the people also trying to push the "self-esteem" movement, what with their participation trophies and all that other 'feelings are more important than achievement' malarky. Later, when that generation got older and people saw how stupid that really was (a five year old wanting a trophy for showing up is cute, a 25 year old wanting a trophy for showing up is gross) we shifted the narrative. The problem now is that the generation beneath the millennials has yet to mature to the point that we can shove some kind of label on them. They haven't had the chance to do anything notable yet.

>79614932
The hatred of working class white people is the only thing that animates the modern liberal. It's the only thing the party of ethnocentric jews, black welfare recipients, 3rd world mestizo slave labor and striver asians can agree on

"Liberal" isn't a party, it's an ideology. And I'm a working class white person, so...

If by "working class white people" you mean the actual fucking neo-nazis on Sup Forums, then sure. Not a fan.

>hard to go back and watch this now

Why? The show very rarely dipped into actual politics. Only time I can even think of it is in the ending when Lois decided Malcolm is going to be the president since he'd be the first one to look after poorer people.

>There are people who are this big babbies
wew, back to your safe space

The 80's lasted until 94.

It's really weird looking back on the very brief period when this was considered a rebellious bad boy.

nah, that was reese

I don't really remember his actor appearing in much aside from an episode of The Nightmare Room.

>this was considered a rebellious bad boy
What fuck are you talking about? That doesn't describe Malcolm, nor any of Muniz's other characters. He just went from cute kid to annoying wise ass teen.

Reese was too stupid to be the rebellious one, Francis was the rebellious bad boy so much he had to have his own segregated side plots for most of the series.

bumpily bumpily boo