Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The...

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M8AvWkrppsg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They try to make him a sympathetic hero. The punisher is basically a serial killer that kills bad guys. They should have approached it as a dark comedy. But they threw in all kinds of cliched jew tropes because they were afraid of losing shekels by doing something different

I don't give a shit about the Punisher but it's obvious that the directors are the problem. Every Punisher movie has been directed by a third-rate nobody.

Oh hey, it's this thread again.

Cast Barracuda.

Thomas Jane one was a good shlock crime movie but not a good representation of The Punisher.

I think hit it on the nail. Punisher is a psycho who wouldn't really play well with mainstream film audiences unless he is up against the worst of the worst, like people running some child sex slave ring. And thats all probably too dark for a comic book action movie.

Netflix Punisher has been pretty okay but they again tried too hard to make us care about him.

i really liked Warzone. Jane was perfect though and thanks to the movie we got the best game ever.

1st punisher movie: Product of the 80's. 98.5% of all movies made in the 80's were shit.

2nd Punisher: Best acted and portrayed of all 3 punishers, suffered from a bad writer that wrote the whole thing like a spaghetti western

3rd punisher: Hired a woman to direct.

4th punisher: Pic Related. Best On screen portrayal of punisher ever.

Only one actor has what it takes to play Punisher in 2017:

Frank Grillo

His passing over for the role is a travesty.

Have a soft spot for the '80s version, which seemed allergic to fully exploiting the property even as a kid. Dumbfounding that Hollywood can't get this right, as it comes readymade. Death Wish with unlimited ammo.

Warzone was fun you fucking pleb.

>Frank Grillo

GOD no! His accent alone annoys the hell out of me.

>Warzone

Was the shittiest shit fest that ever shat it's way out of the shitter. That Movie fails at being Cinematography, a punisher film, or remotely entertaining.

>Best On screen portrayal of punisher ever.
in what way? bernthal's straight playing the exact same fucking character he has in every single role he's had. he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, which is why he does the "m'ask u sumthin" in every movie or tv show hes been in, it's because he can't even stifle his own real life mannerisms.

Too much studio input ruined each film, i think. The way Marvel is batting 1000 now, they could probably work up a badass script, let the Russos direct it and redeem the cinematic character.

He's a shitty and shallow character, and his type has been done to death in film. He has nothing interesting or unique to offer the medium, and marginally relevant in comics because he kills.

they're doing a TV series.

>in what way?

in this way, vid related, and not a damn thing else need be said.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8AvWkrppsg

My favorite part was the upside down spinning auto weapon shooty-shoot scene.

Warzone was pretty good, actually. I went in expecting it to be garbage, but instead it was fun as hell.

This.
We're always made to feel sorry for Frank instead of vicariously experience his rage. Dude goes to Vietnam, comes back fucked up from the ptsd only for the mob to again destroy his life to cover their asses.
A new punisher film could potentially be great if they leave the tragic hero shit behind

>like people running some child sex slave ring
>implying that storyline from the MAX comics wouldn't make for one of the most cathartic action movies ever made

The Punisher was miscast in all of those movies.

Daredevil season 2 was Punisherkino.

The best Punisher film is arguably Dredd.

They tried to make him relateable and give him a revenge story. The only way you can make The Punisher compelling is by making him a, very effective, serial killer who just so happens to prefer killing criminals and mobsters. If they treated him like one of those monster movies where the story revolves around his victims, it could possibly be great.
I think they did a half decent job in Daredevil S2, but I wonder how they're going to treat it in his own show.

Only one man could play barracuda, and he's dead. Just like Barracuda.

>bernthal's straight playing the exact same fucking character he has in every single role he's had.
I disagree, he played very different roles in, say, Wolf of Wall Street and this. That said, you need a no-nonsense approach for the punisher, a sort of emotionless killing machine. The fact that he managed to bring some humanity to the character was an added bonus. He was fucking great and the whole season should have revolved around him, instead of having that Elektra bullshit.

This, Punisher MAX is the best action comic I've read.

What's wrong with Punisher wanting revenge?

On one hand, I love the punisher and that scene was offensively stupid. On the other, it was pure schlock and I couldn't help enjoying it for that. If it wasn't a punisher movie I would have appreciated the shitty action b-movie scenes for what they are.

Going with Ennis' story, which really is the only one worth reading, he just enjoys killing and pretends there's some morality to it because he kills criminals. In his head, he chose to give up his family to continue his Vietnam back at home.
It's fine to want revenge, he certainly did, but once he kills the people responsible it's over and done. This guy is supposed to never stop his massacre for decades.

Warzone is amazing.

>pretends there's some morality to it because he kills criminals

But stopping criminals forever is moral.

It's like putting a violent dog down.

It's the people who catch and release criminals who just go on to reoffend who are immoral. It's the justice system that treats a criminal better than they ever treated others who are immoral.

If a criminal is increasing the suffering of other people, the moral thing to do is to stop the criminal permanently, and put an end to the suffering that oozes from their existence.

By eliminating the people who cause the most suffering to others, you decrease the amount of suffering in the world.

He doesn't stop them, he violently murders them guerrilla style. He's also a vigilante, he wasn't appointed by anyone to kill people without a trial. It has also been made a point that the hypocrisy of him being a criminal who kills criminals completely escapes him.

They tried to make Spiderman instead of making Dredd. Punisher isn't a comic-book character as most people would recognize; in his most well-received iterations (especially MAX, which for virtually all intents and purposes IS Punisher) he's basically a T-800 but minus the invulnerability. All he does is kill criminals by the dozen, day and night. Mobsters, niggers, hired guns, whatever. His life is basically a giant, edgy, self-righteous bloodbath and that's how he likes it and that's how it's going to be because he literally made a deal with death during the Vietnam War.

>this shit again

fuck off OP

>t. Punisher

Well, death is a way to permanently stop a criminal. And what does it matter if he wasn't appointed to it?

These vigilante anti-heroes do what they do because they perceive the justice system as broken, and being soft on crime.

And it's not hypocritical to go around putting down criminals. Maybe if he believed "thou shalt not kill." But killing criminals means they can't live on to inflict any more suffering.

Murder is wrong, sure. But letting a murderer get away with murder and keep on murdering innocent people is worse.

The Punisher doesn't kill innocent people (at least I don't think so, I'm not too knowledgeable about the comics). To quote True Lies "they were all bad."

He takes bad guys off the board.

Just do an HBO show adapting Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX run with all the child slaver and irish mobs

Cast Mel Gibson or any other 55 yrs+ actors if you have the guts

>because he literally made a deal with death during the Vietnam War.
I prefer to think of that as Frank trying to rationalise his actions and not really anything supernatural. It's a good thing they left it open to interpretation as they did.

Suppose the total amount of suffering in the world could be quantified, say, with a number, if you added up the suffering of every person.

Removing people who needlessly inflict suffering on others would decrease the overall sufffering in the world. Catching and releasing criminals, who go on to inflict suffering on others would not.

If a criminal has shown through their actions they they have no interest in abiding by the law, they have no interest in respecting the rights of others to not be harmed, they have no interest in respecting the rights of others, and they go around increasing the amount of suffering in the world, they deserve to be removed from society. In that past, that meant things like banishment. But with settlements everywhere now, that's not really a solution anymore.

You can remove bad guys from society by putting them in prison (where they will be around other bad guys) and potentially feeding them and babysitting them for decades at a huge cost. Or you can remove bad guys permanently.

I don't know too much about the Punisher, but I don't think he's going around killing guys with unpaid parking tickets. He scrubs away the scum of the Earth.

>Frank Grillo

are you fucking kidding me? the third wheel villian from the cap films?

im so glad that most of you who come here are too lazy to ever infest your retarded ideas on hollywood. jesus christ Sup Forums

>babby's first philosophy

>Suppose the total amount of suffering in the world could be quantified
It can't be. Basing your entire argument around this makes it fucking stupid.
>Removing people who needlessly inflict suffering on others would decrease the overall sufffering in the world. Catching and releasing criminals, who go on to inflict suffering on others would not.
That's what happens is ridiculously authoritarian states
The innocent end up suffering because of it.
>You can remove bad guys from society by putting them in prison (where they will be around other bad guys) and potentially feeding them and babysitting them for decades at a huge cost. Or you can remove bad guys permanently.

No matter their crimes, they are still human. Justifying murder puts you on the same level. Prison and jail should be about fixing people and preventing recidivism. Not packing them in like sardines and providing no tools for them when they come out, leading to cyclical shit.

>That Movie fails at being Cinematography
Wha? The neon church was pure kino faggot.

How about not making the Punisher the main character?
I could see it work when the story revolved around a detective or journalist investigating mob murders.

Make the villain the main character, and have him trying survive The Punisher.

The big guy who did Coal Train in Gears of War.

They were all low key b movies, no talent effort or thought went into them. That's about it.

The slomow is shoddy as are half his punches. Hitting someone in the forehead is a retarded idea. Season 2 is such shit.

>War Zone
>not Punishkino

Neck yaself

He looks like a drugged up gypsy, fuck no.

There is 3 points to his arc

>Frank Castle arc
>transition arc
>Punisher arc

Thomas Jane's movie was all about Frank Castle, it was not the Punisher (well, yet), it was a movie about Frank Castle, out to get revenge for his family's death, it was him becoming the punisher, it was basically an Origin story.

Ray's punisher is different from this in that it basically skips all the origin and transition bullshit and focuses on the war and the violence part of the character, the movie was no longer about Frank Castle, it was about the Punisher, doing as much crazy shit on criminals as possible, he was a fucking terminator. He has forgotten Frank Castle a long time ago, this is touched upon by the little girl who brings the Punisher back to his roots, making a full circle and ending his arc, it brought an ending to his rampage (which I didnt like) and he started to care.

Jon Berthal's Punisher however is about the transition, the Jane origin story is over, but he hasnt reached Ray punisher level yet, Hes still Frank Castle, his punisher is about him slowly becoming the Punisher, He still cares about the world, he's still tethered to the ground by his family's death, The Punisher was like this devil on the door, knocking at him, and every criminal life he ends, hes leaning over to that door, until the court scene where he opens that door and fully succumbs to what he is - Punishment

Also Doph punisher shouldn't really be in this, no one really watched that shit and hte only ones who did will suck its dick because its hipster