This movie was fucking weird but overall it was pretty decent with some awkardly sloppy bits

this movie was fucking weird but overall it was pretty decent with some awkardly sloppy bits

Overall has a lot more going on for it over Frozen, especially in terms of charm and production.

Tangled > Moana >>> Frozen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubZrAmRxy_M
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Haven't watched it, but animation has just gotten completely ridiculously good

i'm not going to watch some pagan bullshit about some fucking savages

It has the best visuals I've ever seen in a movie.

>Painted Eggs

yeah, visually its stunning. Had some nice photorealistic bits

Why are you watching films whose target audience are little girls?

yeah that is really impressive, my gf really wants me to watch it because she absolutely loves it but I hate island niggers, maybe I'll give it a shot, it looks gorgeous.

>dat nig nose visible from the thumbnail

no wonder it bombed

delicious brown

it's ok
only one of the songs is at all memorable
it gets a bit annoying after a while

what did he mean by this?

moana's hot as fuck despite them giving her stubby fat arms and legs
would definitely make her moana and screama

>tfw the crab song starts off great and then drops into shit, before becoming Dr. Facilier levels of awesome and then dropping into shit again

damnit

>he doesn't watch movies because he's too afraid of being associated with a certain group

Do the characters still use the exact same mannerisms that every character in every cg disney movie makes fucking ever?

that Bowie reference tho

>it's a "Sentient Ocean could've solved the problem itself but needs Moana for reasons" episode

what did they mean by this?

yes but it's executed prtty gud most of the time. They could have made the song transitions a bit smoother though

yeah they never really explain why

no good reason given why it had to be her and it could have been any other island nigger

so they were on the boat for a long time did he big guy have to look at her taking a fat shit off the side of the boat or what

>put this movie on for parents
>they love the animation, laugh like kids
>movie did nothing for me

fuck getting old

You're Welcome?

>parents enjoyed the movie
>"fuck getting old"
>PARENT ENJOYED THE MOVIE

or you're just at that teenager phase that everyone goes through where you can't enjoy certain things because it's too childish.

or you thought it was a boring movie that just lacked any....... substance

I'm kind of bummed that Disney seems to have settled on a new formula for their movies where a naive female protagonist seeks to make her way in unfamiliar surroundings with a jaded male protagonist who she eventually 'fixes'.
(tangled, frozen, Zootopia and now moana)

At least Wreck it Ralph taking place on the Internet should be interesting.

nah i loved wreck-it-ralph and zootopia

also my parents are at that age where they're starting to become childish again, it's a weird feel

This movie felt weird for me.
I am a huge fan of Animation movies, but something with Moana just felt like a huge miss.

It just felt so forced and linear, almost no character development and a lot of the songs where overkill in my opinion.

I understand its a bit more song oriented, but if they would have skipped one or two and added a couple of scenes explaining a bit about who Maui is, or why is he trapped in an island, build some character behind him, I think the whole Maui story was told in like 10 seconds.

It just feels like it could be so much more, if only they added a bit more dramatic moments and some story to Maui, it could be a 10/10.

Disney is pretty good at appropriating culture.

Tefiti is an actual Hawaiian legend, though. Pretty accurately represented based on artifacts and such.

2D animation was better

It looked pretty good, but I just can't stand all the fucking singing.

"I AM MOANA"

What did she mean by this?

They both have their ups and downs honestly. My issue with a lot of 3d animated films is they try to emulate real life too much losing a lot of the style they could have.

Zootopia>Tangled>Moana>Frozen

>my gf really wants me to watch it because she absolutely loves it but I hate island niggers

imagine being this retardedly conceited

I love how everything Jemaine Clement or Bret Mackenzie does instantly sounds Flight of the Conchords like

it's something about the timing of the humour

>also my parents are at that age where they're starting to become childish again

you say that like its a common thing, Ive never heard of that before

How is it conceited you prick?

Anyone else think You're welcome was catchy as fuck?

Yeah, you mentioning it got it stuck in my head again

Shit

it was

the rock isn't the greatest singer but charming enough and the song itself was great

reminded me of Friend Like Me from Aladdin, serves the same purpose too

Movies are a lot more enjoyable when you're watching them with someone else, especially your partner.

Someday you'll know what it's like user.

I hate watching movies with other people. They always ruin the experience for me.

You ruin the experience for yourself, user

Don't mind me, just posting the patrician song

youtube.com/watch?v=ubZrAmRxy_M

I can't stop listening to it in loops

I found it 10/10.

I agree though, it didn't have enough stupid shit like magic rock trolls and backstabbing princes like Frozen.

It was too much of a clear and concise story.

Don't you think Maui was flat as character?
Humans keep asking him for more no matter what, he gets stuck on an island for 1000 trying to help them, and when the next one jumps along he goes from 0 to 100 just because "THEY WILL LOVE YOU MAN".
Where is his story?
Why don't we get to see his side? why not build up his character a bit, show us how hard he tried, how no matter what they asked for more, how frustrated he was that after 1000 years no one cared about him, and they only knew him as a bad guy.

the part where maui leaves and then comes back for literally no reason is so contrived its what convinced me that this is a shitty movie. they ran out of ideas.

Wasn't that right after his monologue about being human once?

He realized that the sea once chose him, like it did for Moana.

Not really, He just left because his weapon was about to break, and 3 scenes later when Moana is almost hit by the Lava monster, he just comes back.

His story is told through his personality. And his song. And his sick tats.

Hawaiian legends weren't too complex. The gods pulled the islands from the ocean and made fish from bedrock. Maui used Tefiti's power to help whoever he wanted, disrupting the natural order. Humans loved him for a while, until he started fighting with the other demigods and starting shit. And he was pretty much banished for it. Nobody came along in 1000 years, and he realized how his legend had changed over the course of the movie.

It was the moment he broke through his narcissism, I think. Given that he was only out for his own ass for most of the movie.

>extra chromosome facial features

>only one of the songs is at all memorable
You're welcome and Shiny are GOAT though. So you're wrong.

>It has the best visuals I've ever seen in a movie.

>ywn colonise that

This guy gets it

>added a couple of scenes explaining a bit about who Maui is, or why is he trapped in an island
The intro literally explains who Maui is, and then he literally has a whole song and dance about himself, which even explains why he is trapped on the island.

I don't understand what Disney is thinking when they make a movie about niggers. Little girls aren't into that shit. Frozen was popular because it was about a magical princess who fucks shit up. What appeal does some brown island nigger savage have to a girl who is into shit like Barbie dolls, Cinderella, and nail polish?

>I don't understand what Disney is thinking when they make a movie about niggers
i do

The thing is, he has no personality.
There wasn't a single Maui Moment, where you felt like you got to know him.

The closest was when he said that what ever he did was never enough, and even that felt half assed and with no real emotions.

The intro showed him as an evil guy, and the next time you see him you expect this bad demi god who stole the heart but you get a happy go lucky retard who sings about how great he is.

The guy was alone for 1000 years for trying to help the humans, first thing he hears is that they hate him now and he isn't even fazed.

Its like he has no emotion.

Again, all in all its a good movie, I just feel like they barely scratched the surface at some places while going overkill in others.

>The intro showed him as an evil guy, and the next time you see him you expect this bad demi god who stole the heart but you get a happy go lucky retard who sings about how great he is
That's the point you moron.
The intro was showing his legend now. His song was showing how he thinks his legend actually is.

I get that part, I LIKE that part, what bothers me is that he doesn't react to it at all.
The guy prides himself on being humanitys best friend, he fucking SINGS about it.
But when he is told everyone think he is shit it doesn't faze him.

She just crushed his entire view on himself and everything he works for and he doesn't even blink.

Wheres the anger, sadness, something?
Instead we get a "I am going to get my hook" and in response "If you help me people will love you".

I mean really, can't you have him get a bit angry and sad and have Moana spew an emotional speech about hey they can fix this together and blah blah blah, give the guy some emotional depth.

Why do grown men pretend to like children's animated movies?

>But when he is told everyone think he is shit it doesn't faze him
Are you retarded? He literally only helps her BECAUSE of how people don't think he is so great anymore and that if he does what she says then he will be a hero once again.

Did you fall asleep or something? The whole entire first reason for him helping her initially is that she tells him that his legend is now him as a bad guy

Wow user got it right for once

>implying the best song isn't how far I'll go (Reprise)

second best os SHAINEY

ugly feet

I have watched and the animation is really outstanding, the fucking sea water is realer than real life.

The overall plot is ok, I thought it was better than Frozen, tho some themes in it are very similar.

The only thing I didnt enjoy much was the music, for a Disney movie the singing parts, specially Moana bits, were underwhelming, tho again there were some great ones like Maui song and the songs in Samoan.
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

What surprises me is that this was much better than "Finding Dory" and apparently tanked in the box office.

Best animation should either go to "Moana" or "Kubo", pretty solid animated movies, albeit not perfect.

That was my thoughts when I watched Frozen. They just had to sing all the fucking time and most of the songs were forgettable. This time, there's like half the songs and most of them are really good. The Rock's song is super catchy.

>Tfw she sees your dick