Did you ever watch Opie & Anthony when it was on?

Did you ever watch Opie & Anthony when it was on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WHX1HZcs49U
google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QRxgEk5czmM&ved=0ahUKEwiv0v2l5p7SAhUY1GMKHYYZAygQyCkIHDAA&usg=AFQjCNFUu_slxWw3u1_6oPyg5-yK8zBP-Q&sig2=Yv1mhin2_x7OJgjwmNkW_A
reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/4d50mm/so_is_lady_di_dead_orrrr/
youtube.com/watch?v=LNomYkkZGys#t=1h56m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=oQTfakuTX2E&t=18m9s
youtube.com/watch?v=9Fdgpals4zY
opieandanthonylive.com/beta/
vocaroo.com/i/s1B1yyo6o1ub
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No I was a Stern fan in the late 90s-00s so Opie & Anthony severely paled in comparison. Now that Stern is absolute garbage I attempt to go back and listen to O&A and it is still garbage.

Fuck do I miss those golden days when the boys were together and patrice was around.

>hurr durr le kike man is only good radio

Didn't say that retard, just that they were edgy faggots with a weak show in comparison

yes, I watched them regularly. Though I'd have to skip giant chunks when Opie was feeling particularly frisky and would start butting in every 3 seconds. Also, I'd skip anything involving Sam Roberts.

I remember when Opie took a week off after each of Bam's kids were born; good times!

Just listening to this clip that I remembered after seeing the Harry Potter thread

youtube.com/watch?v=WHX1HZcs49U

Jimmy is hilarious here

>watch Opie & Anthony

>Didnt have paltalk

Podcasts has made talk radio obsolete just like torrenting and streaming have made traditional musical radio obsolete.

Stern is a lazy unoriginal kike and he always was one grandpa. Youre 40 years old lmao.

wrong on both accounts, feel free to kys

Your bald, a fucking loser and almost 40 years old. Stern is, was and always will be an unoriginal unfunny jewish cocksucker. Eat shit and get mouth cancer.

Its ok princess.

>typical edgy O&A fan

Leave it to a Sternsucker to be as cowardly as that ugly Jew.

yeah man of course, discovered it through Louie/Patrice in like 2013

I unironically jerked off to an O&A bit once upon a time.

Not my proudest moment.

well which one was it?

You are never to blame.

Lady Di when she started to think she was in the navy again

whaaat? i would have thought something might have moaning or something, something with sex, why did that get you off?

O&A was a show for comedians
stern was a show for stern
O&A got better with time
stern continues to decrease in quality ever since the day jackie left
i was a stern listener of 1000s of hours
didnt like O&A when i began, but then i got what the show was about and i have listened to more hours of them than i ever did of stern

>implying you can listen to either show live anymore
stern doesnt count. current stern is not real stern. he died in the early 00s

Opie was always a fag but Sam Robert's was Biased. He was the best at stirring up shit and instigating. Plus hearing him prod the guests like Lady Di to say/do the dumbest shit always tickles me.

I know it's more recent but Sam egging on Lady Di during the Belle Knox interview is one of the funniest moments of the show ever.

No but I recently finished listening to all of bill burr's appearances on the show.

Best segments are them all talking about their past, music, or other random stuff. I absolutely hate all the bits, girls, freaks, and other bullshit Opie crammed into the show to make it CURAHHHZEY.

Tbh while I guess this was worth listening to once in a while it had nothing on Scorch. Now he brought the funny.

I haven't listened to new Stern since Artie left, but any time I try to listen to old O&A clips I can never make it more than 10 minutes. Stern talked about himself way too fucking much and Robin is a dumb cunt, but O&A just don't even compare from what I've heard.

Ron & Fez > O&A > Stern

Stern > Gavin McInnes > Art Bell > most current podcasts > literal dried up dog turds > O&A

well i dont know what youre listening to
i think you may be a little bit under the spell of old howie, user
i started listening to them for patrice, and i would get annoyed by them to an extent
i was a stern boy so every time they would knock him i would think less of them
then as it went on i realised that they were genuinely being harassed and held back by stern - they werent even allowed to use his name on the radio after stern got his agent to talk to management
after a while i wasnt even listening for patrice

listen to some 'worst ofs'
much better vacation content than sterns life story

rude, frankly.

google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QRxgEk5czmM&ved=0ahUKEwiv0v2l5p7SAhUY1GMKHYYZAygQyCkIHDAA&usg=AFQjCNFUu_slxWw3u1_6oPyg5-yK8zBP-Q&sig2=Yv1mhin2_x7OJgjwmNkW_A
Classic anthony.

Opie and Anthony got so much better when they toned down the edgelord act in the early 00s.
Before that they had bits like, oh, smashing a vintage gumball machine that a guy bought for his son (lol!) and forcefully ripping the wig off a homeless woman (part of their aborted attempt at making their own wack pack).
As far as I know this was all pre-Jimmy. When the show became more comedian-centric it got 1000x better.
the queef-off was hilarious though. They had these girls seriously about to beat the shit out of each other fighting over who could queef the loudest

nice link

Got you there didnt it twinkletoes?

i used to be a stern fan started listening to O&A once artie left and the stern show started really dropping in quality.

O&A is pretty good. they definitely grow on you. opie is definitely the least funny/talented of the three. if he never found anthony he'd still be working for $50K a year in long island but i think he was good at some stuff.

i listened pretty much every day up until ant got fired and everything went to shit. none of them are as good on their own. i don't have siriusXM anymore so i don't know if jimmy and sam's show is any good but it's definitely not work $15 a month just to listen to them.

Lol, no.

It was an old ass segment, I think from '08.

They were talking about cheating, and this girl called in who was literally at that moment cheating on her boyfriend with her fuckbuddy. Then they fucked over the phone and made him listen. It got me into discrete shit. Usually like the girl calling their mom, or dad or something while they are getting plowed and pretending that everything is fine.

that was during O&J

>He doesn't listen to curated stations like wfmu, curated by college hipsters.

Great music radio rules if you live near a city with colleges and great public radio. There's even a station near me that plays j Dilla uncensored because it's "art".

That was the saddest fucking shit.

I was loving the Lady Di arc when I thought she was just a dumbass, but when it turned out she had full-blown dementia and they had basically been fucking with an Alzheimer's patient for a year I had some really bad fucking feelings.

Poor goddamn woman. Shit life so she literally killed herself with alcohol.

Weren't they already long done with her at that point? I don't remember her having dementia before the navy thing. Or are you talking about the fact that she repeats questions and stuff?

Yeah, that shit. In hindsight, her constantly repeating questions and generally being unaware was just her having onset dementia. Her brain was already decaying.

I think they even said this during the whole interning thing. Toward the end it got weird because it was clear she was like actually mentally retarded and incoherent. I seem to remember Dr. Steve saying it.

>mfw listening to an O&A bomb compilation before stumbling across this thread

Here's Dr. Steve in April 2016 (in the comments) saying she has Wernicke-Korsakoff:
reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/4d50mm/so_is_lady_di_dead_orrrr/

He says "I wish she had listened to me a year earlier." So he knew something was wrong. I think that's why they stopped having her on.

stop fabricating your own narrative you dunce

youtube.com/watch?v=LNomYkkZGys#t=1h56m26s

c

its classified as a dementia
fair enough

>alright, knock it off SPADE.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQTfakuTX2E&t=18m9s

>Korsakoff-cough syndrome
Opie is such a moron. Not even in an entertaining way. He is just bafflingly stupid and out of his element in every place that isn't a frathouse or a bra.

What was Opie's most unbearable moment?

I listened to them on wbcn 104.1 or something in Boston around 2008. Some of it was pretty funny but I was also like 16.

Now, the blueberry

The pinball incident was in 2002, I believe. That kind of nonsense did continue during the XM/Sirius years as well, although it happened much less often. Most often it was Opie who "brainstormed" these bits (cake stomp, breaking the guitars of Sandy Kane and that one homeless guy, trying to break the matchstick guy's model, etc.) since he's completely unable to mentally and verbally keep up with Anthony and Norton. Listening to old shows, it's baffling to witness how much of a moron this guy could be, with his insistence of doing outdated shock jock radio even though O&A's satellite years were obviously successful due to the show being a comedian hang.

As much as it stinks that Ant got fired in 2014, effectively ending the show for good, the painful career death of Opie does provide some cathartic entertainment. He never "figured it out" what the do next, ended up severing ties with Jim and Sam and now constantly brings in Vic Henley and Sherrod Small as a hopeless attempt to keep his show going. Even if he ends up getting back together with Ant, I highly doubt there's ever going to be a proper comeback.

AM talk radio has never been more popular and their shows are uploaded as podcasts after they air.

I always enjoy seeing the one or two patrician R&F buddays that pop up in these threads while stern and O&A fans fight.

When he was on that radio show with Ant and Jim playing his part and "steering the ship" away from any comedy.

best moment

And his half assed attempts to make it sound like he had a childhood and grew up poor.

>I had to take my lunch to school in a cement bag.

Basically every time he goes on one of his cringe-inducing rants and unironically says stuff like "Look, fuckfaces, we have smart comedy here. ALLLRIGGGHT??!! These regular radio people don't understand SAAARCAAASM like WE do." and everyone is just dead silent, waiting for him to stop talking so they can get back to what they were talking about.

I loved the irony of him complaining about his mother going "ME ME ME".

Though as hateable as he is, I'd still take the 3 of them over a nopie show. Not sure why.

>"steering the ship" away from any comedy.

Nopie shows were great.

Why can't Stern fans and O&A fans get along? They both hate opie, that should be common ground.

Priorities. People listen to Stern probably for awkward serious prodding interviews and people listen to O&A to laugh.

Stern does what they do but without humor.

her internship was so perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=9Fdgpals4zY

There is something INCREDIBLY GAY about this picture

used to. Don't even bother now that Ant is gone. Jim is funny on his own, but Opie is just not entertaining. He has some interesting things to say, sometimes, but I honestly don't see that show lasting very long unless they somehow find a way to get Ant back.

Can't stand Sam, unless it's Jocktober...which, they don't do anymore, since Ant left.

Despise e-rock, the only good thing about him is when they destroy him on air.

So yeah, I cancelled my Sirius XM subscription quite a while ago

He was a master shit stirrer but such a thin skin faggots as well

Loved r&f when they were on terrestrial radio, they didn't make a good jump to satellite though. What the fuck happened to fez?

Crazy Jen > east side dave
Pic unrelated, just cozy

Any time Patrice or Louie was on, any Jocktober segment, any time they riff on a news story about a miscarriage, freak accident, or hate crime.

Everything else, looking back, wasn't anything special, but all those bits are classics that I listen to on a weekly basis. I only listened to them live from 2012-2014, around the time I first got a real job and my own place. Now I listen to Jim and Sam on youtube, it can be alright but they can't hit the highs of classic O&A no matter how hard they try. I would checked out Opies show but I saw that his guests are almost always Vic and Sherrod and I noped out before even clicking on it. Three unfunny faggots, no thanks.

I haven't missed a show since 2009, been subbed to Cumia since he started

opieandanthonylive.com/beta/

Enjoy faggots

The subreddit is still worth checking out sometimes.

vocaroo.com/i/s1B1yyo6o1ub

I've only listened to the Patrice ones. I tried listening to them without guests and it was boring as fuck

>this is our first call and its 9:35
ant and jim shows were best shows

Patrice will forever be the best guest they ever had.

BENNINGTON IS FUCKING TRASH. I HATE WHAT HAS BECOME OF RON AND CHRIS. RIP FEZ

O&A was only good when
a) there were comedians in
or
b) they goofed on some (non-political) event

Their interviews and politics stuff is unbearable, especially when Norton does it.

I like the time they pranked that mcdonalds employee.