Redpill me on Shawshank Redemption

Redpill me on Shawshank Redemption.

Is it really the best movie of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4oPFXWXaDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is because there virtually no female speaking roles.

the one female in it gets shot

how awful! 0/10! sexist film!

>>>>IMDB

No, it's overrated. But it's a safe-choice when a stranger asks you what's your favourite movie is. Pretty much the same with Godfather.

Really makes you think...
Not kidding. If there is a woman in a movie, it's almost always some love story involved. The characters do some rather stupid stuff because of muh loved ones and so on.
In womenless kinos the characters focus on their story and act accordingly, see Das Boot, Apollo 13 and so on.

Sorry dad Godfather is not a safe choice

Oh come on, it's in the same line with Green Mile, Forrest Gump, Shawshank, maybe Odyssey 2001. Movies that you call you favourite when you don't want to get into details why you enjoy Leaving Las Vegas or Irreversible.

It's safe because everyone has at least heard of it and knows something about it. Not even the biggest capeshit loving, RLM watching, Marvel pleb will call you pretentious.

nys

It's not overrated. It's a great movie. I'm tired of people implying actual great movies aren't great for shits and giggles.

And we are tired of you, cats, you boring cunt.

It's not bad, it's definitely in my top 100. But no way any reasonable film-maker or at least person that really enjoys movies and studies them calls it numero uno of all times.

Because those people have a silver spoon up their ass and have to be oh so different and special.

Arguing which great movie is the greatest of all time is pointless anyway.

>Is it really the best movie of all time?
Fuck no.

Good point.

I don't think it is the highest rated movie on imdb because that many people think it is the best movie of all time but rather because it's a movie everybody can agree on. It is not controversial. Almost nobody hates it. I might be wrong but I suspect The Return of the King for example has more 10 star ratings but also significantly more 1 star ratings by people who hate fantasy or fans of the book unhappy with the adaptation etc than Shawshank.

It is a great movie though, not gonna lie.

>taking the IMDB top 250 seriously.

the best movie ever made is La Dolce Vita, it's just a fact.

Why do you do it every day, all day, then, cats?

Oh that's right. Your entire life is pointless. Wew.

Not even the best Fellini. That would be Nights of Cabiria.

Looks like it was shot on a 240p phone camera. Could Italians not afford good cameras?

It's a just hope movie. If are tired of living but still want to keep moving forward the movie gets you.

I don't understand how you can even possibly argue for it being the best of all time. It does nothing remarkable in terms of cinematography and it's an adaptation of a short story so it's not like the story itself is original or innovative. It's a solid flick and the ending is memorable, but this shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's number 1. Personally I don't even think it's the best Stephen King adaptation, Stand By Me is better.

>>red pill

KYS goes in all fields
Y
S

Of course not ya dingus.

It's a great film but I still think Seven Samurai and Blade Runner are the best ever made.

I get what you are saying but i think you underestimate the plebness of the majority of people
Plus what you said doesnt count for women

No because it doesn't exceed in any way other films, technically or writing wise

War and Peace doesn't innovate, yet it's the best book ever written.

meant for

Isn't there a woman in Apollo 13? Tom Hanks wife or gf? I haven't seen in years, but I remember her doing that thing where she holds her thumb between her eye and the moon and imagines Tom up there

>It's an adaptation of a short story

Probably one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

>It's a solid flick and the ending is memorable

Thanks for clearing that up.

>but this shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's number 1.

Please don't try to stipulate people's opinions. Especially when you come off like a tard.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure she drops her wedding ring down the shower drain.

>a fake argument with himself
>wew

It was well done, but you can find flaws if you nitpick. It's good enough to overlook those flaws, though

youtube.com/watch?v=w4oPFXWXaDE

pure kino

>201X remake
>cheat wife is shown in a more sympathetic way
>add an extra female character (red's sister, wife, whatever)
>no best bros ending

Dude I friggin hate women! Damn them all to h*CK xD

Overrated as fuck, nothing too special

How would they change the homos?

This movie is really anti-gay desu.

People who are really into a medium are likely to have tastes that are different from more casual people. A person who's really into literature probably won't have Harry Potter is his favorite novel. A guy who's plays shitload video games is unlikely to consider Candy Crush his favorite. I don't think it's just snobbery at work here.

Yeah man, people who love literature are well known for hating Austen, Bronte, Tolkien and Dumas

Replace them with white people jailed for hate speech that beat him up for not voting Trump

Yeah, I doubt many people into actual literature would appreciate genre fiction

But LOTR movies are incredible(books are meh IMO) while Harry Potter franchise sucks dick as books and flicks.

It's the top rated on IMDB, so yes.

The sisters are now a sympathetic group, the leader of which attempts to seduce Andy through gestures of kindness and listening to stories about the complex emotions he feels about the murder of his wife. He gives Andy the rock hammer, and when he finds out he won't be able to seduce him, he graciously accepts it.

After learning that Andy has escaped, the lead sister closes his eyes and puts his hands behind his head with a smirk on his face, as if to say "He really did it."

Yeah. It's #1 for a reason.

It is for kinosseurs only

That's fucking adorable

>hee hee!
>Prawn Cocktail Chrisps

my heart....

>prawn cocktail crisps
into the trash it goes. absolutely disgusting

>mel gibson
>double dubs
Only emma confirmed

Did you just freshly immigrate from the shutdown IMDb forums or what? Do you also think Dark Knight and Fight Club are masterpieces?

>Bronte, Tolkien and Dumas
If literature is your main interest, then yes they are unlikely to considers works of these "the best" as per their personal choice.
I don't know why you call it "hating" though. Grow up.

Godfather is not overrated though

Literally the best film of all time.

>the third book is my favorite

First time Ive heard anyone other than myself who thinks this, marry me Emma