At what point did you drop the Simpsons?

At what point did you drop the Simpsons?

about 15 years ago

When Phil Hartman died

What season had Homer mauled by the badger or when Bart befriended the old, western movie star? That's when I stopped giving a shit as it was coming out on a weekly basis.

I miss the old and moody realism stories the early seasons had. Now it just seems to be nothing but pop culture references or latching onto the latest trend.

Never. Guess what? In it's current state its still better than 80% of current tv

Cape Feare

you could tell the old writers stopped giving a shit at that point and the new ones weren't much good...

The precise moment all of you should have

>The Principal and the Pauper Season 9 Episode 2.

that episode was great

>moody realism
>If I don't buy Lisa a pony she'll hate me forever!

wow how grounded

The first episode I really didn't enjoy was the one where Homer predicts the rapture, then I slowly started to hate the show. I haven't bothered watching the last few seasons because the HD era is a whole new level of lazy.

>the gun episode is bad
>Bart playing american football episode is bad
>angel episode is bad

Never picked it up. Not a bad source for reaction images, though.

i stopped taping them around 12th season and watched it ocassionaly only.
havent watched a new episode since about season 21.

Someone asked me this the other day, I had to check episode guides.

Turns out I stopped watching after Season 10.

I did not recognise a single episode in Season 11 and to think they're on Season 28 now is mind boggling.

There are hundreds of hours of Simpsons I will never ever watch

this

Season 3-7 is as good as it gets.

Season 10

The episode where Homer takes over moes tavern.

Principal and the Pauper

I still watch it just for this part. It's one of the few things that hasn't changed over time. Same logo, same late 80s/early 90s synth piano jingle.

What are these things supposed to be?

shh

>that episode was great

The episode is the epitome of Zombie Simpsons

but half of season 9 are very good episodes. Not saying they're the best, but far from the point of dropping

Niggers in theaters should take a hint from this shit.

I don't really disagree with you, but I think Season 9 was the beginning of the end.

no, it's actually funny and well written

when i grew up and stopped watching cartoons.

>he thinks cartoons are for children

>grew up
>browses a Greek welfare board

you're joking, right? External HD's.

Most Lisa focused episodes or anything past season 11 is too much for me, 4-8 are the best imo, maybe 3 tbqh

> it's actually funny and well written

The only people who think this watch the Zombie Simpsons still.
Throwing out canon, caricatures acting braindead, joke writing relying on le random.

It IS everything that is wrong with the zombie simpsons.
Itd be a good family guy episode.

that episode is clearly parody

this

same, this is when simpsons when to absolute shit

>Throwing out canon
that was the joke, idiot

animated tv/movies are just plain better than humans acting.

My DVR still records the Simpsons, but I haven't watched a new one in about a year

Being self deprecating about how the simpsons writing had gone to shit doesnt make it a funny joke.

If you're autistic it's easier to understand emotion from drawings then it is from an actual face

mah niggah

end of Season 10, although seasons 11 and 12 have some semi decent stuff.

what? No, the joke that Skinner was actually a badass street rat all along. Yeah, the plot's a little "out there", but that's been the mark of golden age simpsons that set it apart from the first few seasons. You could argue that it was a tipping point of some kind, but it's hardly a "zombie simpsons" episode

I at least got a chuckle out of Homer's movie idea and Ron stealing it at the end. But this was the downfall of The Simpsons and where they decided to force celebrities in for no reason now.

emotionally stunted overgrownchildren

Yes we are, brother. Yes we are.

>Yeah, the plot's a little "out there", but that's been the mark of golden age simpsons that set it apart from the first few seasons.

The mark of golden era simpsons was very well written wit built upon the backs of a relatable average family who isnt perfect. Real life situations that everyone has seen happen in their friends or their own life built up with a bit of humorous hyperbole.

Let me guess, homer shoving the crayon up his nose was pretty funny too?

I don't even know what the fuck they were going for with this episode. Somehow, Lisa accidentally makes a sentient AI then frees him. It was so absurd and stupid but not in a whacky, funny way. Like the first half of the episode I wasn't even sure if they were going for a "girls can be hackers and coders too!" or if it was some kind of anti-feminist statement against the female coders acting like cunts, but then it completely abandons that idea in the second half.

It was a complete mess, like if 10 different writers worked on the episode, and then they tried their best to include everybody's ideas.

>coming out on a weekly basis
>moody realism stories

your retarded

>wit
>relatable

Simpsons was realistic in the first two seasons at best

I didnt say realistic, I said repeatable with hyperbole.

The overarching stories hit on everyday situations and problems that everyone has faced.
There is a reason that a fucking cartoon got so many families watching and loving it. And its not because it was so randumb (years before randumb humor was popular)

Are you not old enough to recognize how relevant most of the stories were?

"insane Clown Poppy" is when I realized the Simpsons was just shit now, "The Italian Bob" is when I gave it up altogether.

>its a sideshow Bob helps Homer find his attempted killer which turns out to be his ex co worker's son who is somehow an adult

It still has it's moments

Best answer. No reason to stick around after he was gone.

What is a "HD"?

Just put everything in the cloud :^)

This is the correct answer.

It was already in the beginning stages of decline at that point, but that just sealed the deal.

Sometime around 1996

No. It doesn't.

about 6 years ago and then I was only watching season 4 on dvd anyway

The one with Mel Gibson

I'm 24 and seen maybe 5 episodes in my life and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

>Frank Grimes seems like he could be in his early to mid-40's
>Junior seems like he's in his early 20's

That one wasn't so bad.

Around season 11 or 12 is when I gave up on it.

I don't blame you with that age. You weren't really old enough (or alive) to see the best stuff. During the majority of your lifetime the show has been complete shit.

In my mind, I think it's great, but that cuts off around 97-98. It's hard to grasp that, in reality, the vast majority of the series has existed after that time frame and has been complete shit.

>Frank Grimes early to mid 40s
not really

>I'm 24 and seen maybe 5 episodes in my life

wierd

This.

Panda rape.

Hell, I think rape jokes are hilarious but this just wasn't funny and it was a hard-turn from the sort of humor that Simpsons was known for.

let's discuss zombie simpsons AGAIN

Some episode where Homer started screaming nonstop because a repressed memory of finding a Mr. Smither's father's dead body as a child came back. Sounds like a creepypasta but really just a shitty episode. Finally said fuck it I'm done with this show.

long long long before whatever this is

>watching the simpsons after conan o'brien stopped writing

Not even once.

The Great Louse Detective was the last straw for me.

What, according to that shitty essay that claims the voice of the lunchlady dying was one of the major reasons the show started to suck? Give me a break.

Lemme axe u somefin, does mentioning the name "Armin Tanzarian" result in you autisiticly screeching?

he wrote like 3 episodes, some of the best, but he wasn't around that long

Exactly. The rest was shit.

Watching season 9 in its entirety definitely made me give up. The episodes aren't bad, but a lot of them just aren't funny or even engaging. Homer drowns Springfield in garbage? Homer almost starts a war with a nuclear submarine? Homer helps Burns flee to Cuba? What the christ.

which episode is that

I can't pin point a episode but episodes like this and the more over the top plots and obvious changes to Homer's character is when I stopped

I stop every rewatch on this episode. This is the patricians end to the simpsons.

Post simpsons-kino moments

>simultaneously making a man losing his faith funny and heartbreaking

>austisticly

"I thought I dreamed that kiss."

Right around this tryhard joke

the one where maude dies.

Send in...the clowns

2002ish

I still watch it. It's never going to be as good as it used to be but I still enjoy it for what it is.

THEY'RE. ALREADY. HEEEEERE!

this episode right here

Remember when the guest stars actually did a performance?

I like a lot of the wacky episodes of that period, the jokes are still mainly good and it's got a fair dose of nostalgia for me.

But there was definitely a sea change in their approach to story in the writing in season 9 that turned a lot of people off, and moved away from the schmaltzy "heart" the early show was based upon (which you can only mine so often before it gets stale).

They had to either get crazier, or start ageing the characters, or they would have run out of material. Given the money the show was making stopping was unthinkable.

Quad-Quads confirm, what was it about this episode in particular? was it because they hyped up the milestone?