Watching Star Wars for the first time

Ok, I know it's 2017 but I'm finally considering watching Star Wars for the first time.
Question is... in which order should I watch them?

With the first one like you would with any other series

Same I've only watch the one with the nigger in it

4>2>3>5>6

The order they were made, obviously.

This is the only correct answer. The narrative starts with the originals aka episodes 4-6.

millennial detected

In the order they were released, preferably the unaltered versions. The special edition and blu-ray editions have added special effects that feel out of place, and a few embarrassing added scenes.

I recommend Harmy's despecialized editions for the best theatrical reproduction.

>Star Wars
>Empire Strikes Back
>Return of the Jedi

Only watch the prequels if you still want to watch Star Wars after that - I don't prefer them, but make up your own mind. Just don't watch them first - they contain spoilers for the older movies.

Don't listen to this faggot's reddit mentality, respect the ideas and vision of the filmmaker.

>George Lucas/SE/Prequels sucks meme

This luddite would rather you go back to watching the OT where the editing is trash, the effects are dated and the films overall feel less spectacular. Don't come at me with "wah this one scene is different now and it upsets my autism" - I'd accept a few weird changes if it means a myriad of other problems were fixed in the process.

>respect the ideas and vision of the filmmaker

That's why I'm recommending watching the theatrical versions, or the closest versions available. The original films were the product of a team - not just George Lucas. That team wasn't totally involved in the special editions twenty years later, so it's not representative of what caused the love of Star Wars that still exists today.

The film is dated. That's part of its charm. Its an 'impressive for its time' sort of thing, whereas the special editions aren't impressive when compared to films on the late 1990's.

Watch the special editions if you want after that for comparisons sake.

I watched the prequel trilogy for the first time last year and it's absolutely dreadful. Just as bad as I expected it to be.

4-5-6
And you're done.

The SE has added or changed scenes in ANH and ROTJ that make the entire narrative weaker (ANH) or fucking cringeworthy (ROTJ).

This as well.
However, the SE is still dated with its effects anyways.

Is this really the best way to spend your time? Posting this shit daily is a pretty sad hobby you boring cunt.

Vader is Luke's father

4-5-3-6 that's all you need

5 reveals who vader is and 3 explains how he got that way and shows the rise of the empire. 6 depicts his redemption and defeat of the empire

Forget everything they told you!
The ultimate order is:

Ewoks: Caravan of Courage > Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back > Rogue One > Episode IV: A New Hope > The Star Wars Holiday Special > Episode II: Attack of the Clones > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Spaceballs > Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (again) > Episode III: My Balls, Your Face > Ewoks: Battle for Endor > Episode VI: Return of the Jedi > Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Just watch TFA. the original 3 are too old and the newer 3 are trash

don't listen to this stupid nigger, only the rogue one is worth watching

It forms a perfect circle...

Release order. 4,5,6,1,2,3