Ausfag here

Ausfag here.

Is the Australian dream of owning your own home over?

>mfw I work for pharmaceutical company and partner is a nurse, combined salary of $117k a year and all we can afford is a house in one of the worst suburbs in Victoria populated by shit skins and riddled with crime.

realestate.com.au/property-unit-vic-noble park-122916966

Is the housing market just a meme now?

Other urls found in this thread:

realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-tullamarine-122946870
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-116171719
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122704362
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122246102
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122428934
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122322134
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122252814
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-120226629
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-117314203
a.pomf.cat/kzbxfe.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you're making like $88k USD per year combined? Yow.

That being said, buying in one of the highest population density spots in the country is not something I'd want to get into short of really raking in bank.

It might of came across like I meant $117k is a lot, I know it's not; I guess you could say that's about average annual income.

You'd just think with the average annual income, you'd be able to buy the average house in terms of average house prices; but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Median house price is now $ $707,415. Us ausseis are super cucked trying to get into the market, I'm starting to think it's all a meme.

>$707,415
Hory shet. Maybe if you know something about the market there or your long term planning to suggest that this would be a good investment you could go for it.

I would not buy a house 10x my income without a damn good reason (which I presume is probably pre-tax income to boot.) Then again kids these days are paying like $15k for a four year degree, or even worse than that, before even having any job at all. It's fucked up m8.

Work harder you spoiled millennial.

You expect to just start working and make the big bucks? That's called entitlement. And maybe if your generation wasn't so full of themselves we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Our countries are hollow shells of their former selves because of your greed and childish indolence.

Be glad you don't live here

This country is about to turn into Monaco 2.0 and I won't be able to afford a house/bigger apartment as an industrial mechanic

My grandparents live in a home valued at over $2,000,000 in the most expensive place in Victoria (per sq meter), their total combined income is a elderly couples pension.

They paid $64,000 for the house in 1985, which they paid for in mostly cash after selling their previous house for $55,000 (which they originally bought for $8,000 in the 1960s when the AUD took over the pound)

It's more that me and my partner have been renting for 5 years together now, saving every spare cent for the last 3 years to get $50k together but reality has hit, and we realize a $50k deposit doesn't get you anything these days.

Kind of sucks, is what it is I guess.

Go suck baby boomer cocks somewhere else mate
Mate, you're just going to have to move out into the country, move to somewhere like Wagga, homes are relatively cheap and plenty of jobs

MUH baby boomers

GenX did just fine for ourselves but you are pathetic and totally dropped the ball, nice.

Assume bait, but i'll bite.

Me and my partner both work any overtime we get, weekends ect and have but our social life on hold for years now to try and save a deposit to buy a modest run of the mill house in the outer burbs.

I'm not entitled to anything, I don't expect anything. I'm just curious to know how fellow ausbros afford houses without being multi millionaires or baby boomers.

Breh. I'm working at an unpaid internship at a fairly prestigious institution. The only reason I got hired was because I cold-emailed a guy there whose stuff I've read, told him I was a big fan and that I'd work for free once I graduated, and spent the previous year in college doing a shitty but well paid manual labor job part time and scrounging and saving my shekels to live in the big city without income.

This internship will open a lot of doors if I perform well and leave on a good note at the end of the summer, and it's like anything else: you work hard, you suffer, you strive, and in the end, you are rewarded.

Nothing is free. You and your "partner" should be working hard, saving, and only living somewhere that's a place to rest your head right now. Good things will come in time. But for real though, life isn't something with a finish line. It will always be hard, it will always be a struggle. Even if you find success, that success will just open the door to new challenges. And you should embrace that.

Houses are kind of money pits, even though they historically have often been vehicles for flipping or building equity. I say this having acted as a property manager before -- an owner that doesn't understand what maintenance costs shouldn't be thinking it's just going to be a free source of income to turn around and rent it out, although that can be extremely lucrative if you know what you're doing.

The only reason I regret renting is that I didn't think I'd be in the same area as long as I have. Otherwise it probably would have been a good bet for me to buy something modest even on a long mortgage because where I'm at the housing bubble never really got all that bad.

I'm kind of a scrounger, though. Even when I took out a loan for a car, it wasn't a long loan, and the down payment was about 1/3 of the cost because I borrowed a lot from my family at almost no interest as a very short term loan.

>partner

We don't take kindly to homosexuals round these parts.

>Me and my partner both work any overtime we get, weekends ect and have but our social life on hold for years now to try and save a deposit to buy a modest run of the mill house in the outer burbs

Not my fault you chose a terrible career path. You have only yourself to blame, and Had you been smarter and actually thought about your future. Instead of I don't know, partying and playing expensive video games. Well then you certainly would be much better off.

Like I said, this one is completely on you

GenX, being the greedy cunts they are took what the greedycunt boomers had left them.

Don't see how I dropped the ball when I only left highschool three years ago though, maybe if you lazy cunts had done a better job managing your countries we wouldn't be in this mess.

Build further out and commute.
Or, you can move out of literally the worst fucking state.

>My income is $75K.
>Wife's income is $70K.
>We just built a new $460K home.

don't feel bad

it's just our Jewish globalist masters don't think you're ready for home ownership right now

You a tradie lad?

Denial is pathetic. No wonder marriage is so low now a days. Millennial men are a complete joke

Negative gearing my ausbro. It helps property developers gain more money because of rich foreign investment, but god help you if you are on early career wages and looking to buy your first home.

Joe Hockey summed up the shittiness of the situation by saying"Australians who cant afford to buy their first house should just... get better jobs."

We have done a fair amount of research and are pretty well versed with the pitfalls that can be involved with housing.

The problem is to buy something modest, even 45km out from the city is 450k, that's a lot of fucking money. We've even considered buying something for 450k with the deposit we have, renting it out and moving back in with my parents.

By the time we save another 50k, houses have gone up 70k. It's hard to know what to do, market doesn't seem to be slowing any time soon.

How do the shitskins afford the houses then? Centerlink?

define shit-skin

Marriage is so low because GenX practically invented divorce you dumbcunt

Either way, I'm married and most of my mates are so suck a cock you mole

HOW ABOUT YOU MOVE OUT OF THE CITY

I did think about my future, I fell for the university meme like nearly every other cunt and then realized at the end of it, there were no jobs.

I've been working in a factory ever since.

A commute like that at that price is crazy. That's just a screwy market. Kind of like when I go visit NYC, I know to plan around just hemorrhaging money because that place is simply ridiculous and I can't imagine living there or living anywhere near it and putting up with the commute.

For me, I was thinking of maybe something in the $40k range on a salary at the time of about $50k. Walking distance to work, and I have the skills to do most of the fixup work on my own.

I live in Langwarrin mate, 55km from the city and over an hour commute their by car.

Any further and i'd drop off the fucking map.

Actual answer: Don't live in Sydney or Melbourne. I know it doesn't help seeing as you grew up there and it is unjust that you can't buy housing in the area where your parents bought but the sad fact is that Sydney and Melbourne property prices are just meme level.

I bought my house in the south of adelaide in the early 2010s for $250,000 and it's a 3br 1bath type thing.

Or like the other user said, out to Wagga.

Move out of Victoria then
You wouldn't raise your future children in pooftaland would you?

When you see four bedroom houses in Tassie going for 250k with beach veiws it's kind of tempting.

To bad all my friends, family, work and life is here. Not to mention the fact I love Melbourne.

AYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAO

Here in Australia though, a 45min commute is pretty standard. I know by American standards though that's like a 3 day trip haha

>$3M+ home
wew

I see Vancouver has reached meme levels too.

you're a retard, places around essendon are 600k~ for a decent sized house. fucking shut up

>Denial is pathetic. No wonder marriage is so low now a days. Millennial men are a complete joke

Yep its a Boomer....

Go back to your tax payer funded coffee.

Fuck it mate, you aren't going to have much of a life if you stay where you are now. Move to a country town, bigger sense of community, you'll find new friends and you'll still have contact with your family.
+Melbourne is trash mate, and the sooner you realist that the better

Don't move to tassie though, whatever you do

Guessing similar to here in Aus, that area is full of chinks?

It depends where you're at. 45min is pretty common in a lot of places. My first "real" summer internship was about 42min on average the best I could do with it, and that's one of the things that convinced me to move away and find a job that didn't tack on an extra hour and a half of being miserable in traffic every day.

>$600k for a home is reasonable now

Wew.

They don't call it Hongcouver for nothing. The entire city is owned by Chinese businessmen.

The Chinese completely fucked the housing market in Australia, I hear Canada especially Vancouver is awful because of that too.

Yeah in fucking plastic, Maple syrup flavored Elizabucks.

Multiply by 0.7 to determine their price in real currency. Get a decent job. I don't see the problem here.

>$770 for a rotting, caving in, boarded up shack on a waste lot
lal

I bet this guy has a really big cock.

realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-tullamarine-122946870

WOW SO HARD TO BUY A HOUSE AAA

Dont you get it yet man?

We're all fucked.

Stop resisting and put down that fucking deposit and eat fucking coles food until it has been paid off.

I am a rent fag and my apartment is worth more than I can make in 10 years. I'll just rent it for the rest of my life.

It's been an ROI circlejerk for like 20 years m8.

Building seems to be a cheaper alternative in the long run as long as it doesn't fall through.

>realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-tullamarine-122946870
PS THIS IS LITERALLY 15-20MINS FROM THE CITY.

Welcome to the club m80.
I studied hard and did my homework and got a university degree in science with a white coat and everything, and the dickheads who dropped out at year ten to punch cones and hammer bits of wood together are earning 100k+ while I can't find work.

If I had my time again I'd become a mechanic like I wanted to and have made bank in the mines by now.
Looking now at going back to training and landing a starting 70k in the medical industry but even then i'll be luck to rent/buy within an hour from the city.

If i had a dollar for every time some detached nearly-retired asshole told me 'you're a smart lad just work hard you'll be fine' I'd be retiring myself and not browsing rental shitholes 90km away from where I work.

No, YOU are a fucking retard.

Cheapest house in Essendon is listed at $800,000 - $880,000 at the moment.

AROUND ESSENDON
TULLA IS LITERALLY 10MINS AWAY FROM ESSENDON YOU SPASTIC TWAT

My brother built a pretty amazing house on the cheap, lakefront property off in the woods, nice people, on a dirt road off a dirt road. The commute has been a bit of a drag, but he's doing great.

Then he took out a yuge loan from my grandfather to buy an entire high rise building to install his small business into while renting the rest back out. Grandpa's making way more interest than he could get at the bank, but my brother is paying peanuts compared to a bank loan and is sitting on mad equity to pay to send his children to school later on.

Here's what you should do lad
1. Learn how to weld
2. Get an apprenticeship welding (It's easy as, they're handing out welding apprenticeships by the truckloads at the moment)
3. Move to Port Augusta, SA. You'll have constant work welding out there, (I live here). I only work seven months a year and I pull in an easy 90k a year
4. Good sense of community, only has a population of around 15k, so it's not too big and not too small, and it's only a three hour drive from Adelaide.
5. FUCKING CHEAP HOUSE PRICESS ARGGH ARH G

realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-116171719
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122704362
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122246102
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122428934
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-122322134

Is there anything more Jewish than real estate markets?

>Buy property
>Expect it to go up in value no matter what is done with it
Wow its almost like we're in a system where it was doomed to spiral out of control in mere decades. Before an average joe with a job could buy a house in a year, now you need to be top 1% to get a fucking attached home in the middle of niggersville.

Aussie here. Just bought a house in Brisbane. 450k. I'm on 55k per year. I had a fair bit saved, I've been renting for ages so it was time. I'm 30.

Learn to save, be smart with your money don't waste it.

these are the cunts who vote labour because they think buying a house is impossible when there are houses going for 400-500k in good areas, spastics

Same thing's happened here leaf, the chinese have bought up large swathes of affordable property and just sat on it as an investment.
There are homes and apartments in decent areas here that are foreign owned with NO ONE living in them. Keeps the area prices high though.

>not building your own house
look up earth bag house, they will take a lot of time but at least there will be one aussie off pol for a while ,)

Bro reasonable houses are like 100-200k here.

What the fuck is happening in ausworld?

TULLA IS LITERALLY 2 MINS AWAY FROM THE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TOO

>117k
>average annual income

u wot m8

Did you save 20%?

I'm 26, girlfriend is 24. If I buy when I'm 30 ill be probably 35 before I ever have kids, that's fucked.

WAH WAH I WANNA LIVE CLOSE TO THE CITY I CANT AFFORD A HOUSE WAH WAH I DONT WANT ANYTHING NEAR ME I WANT TO PAY CHEAP AND GET THE BEST, I WISH WE HAD GOMMUNISMM :'(((((

15k for a four year degree? It's more than that per semester at a decent school.

Awesome, I've always wanted to fall asleep to the sound of jet engines.

that's combined. two incomes.

wish people would just move to small towns and become tradies
need more lads who arent afraid of a hard days yakka

Not really, communism is shit and people should work to earn what they want, but if I'm looking at not being able to afford a decent home with a 100k income something's wrong.
Also your caps key seems to be stuck.

Sorry, mistyped that. I meant $150k. And that's really a lowball. It's really obviously about $200k after you add up all the rest even if you're trying to be frugal.

It boggles the mind. One year of where I went is now more costly than all four years. And meanwhile it's government subsidized and they're raking in alumni donations by the millions.

fuck oath

there are plenty of places, look more.

between me and the missus we had just over 20 percent saved. The deposit was 20k, the rest of the savings reduced the needed mortgage. Have 15k spare for some minor reno but the house was already great.

its a housing bubble, just save till it bursts.
make sure your savings arent volatile too, gold is good

So i got into the housing market at 23, as an apprentice (had been working before that obviously) its not that fucking hard to do.

had a deposit of 40grand, got a cheap small house $300,000 house and land package, built it new so know it has no maintenance issues. Since then house value has gone up to around $360000, while home loan is now only $222000

So while the market is shit i am considering buying an investment with the profit from that, i drive a crappy work Ute worth almost nothing, i don't waste money on junk i don't need and i have no credit card debt.

its not fucking hard

don't bubbles generally burst though?

This shit ain't moving man, I'm telling you.

where do you live?

With our proximity and desirability to Asia, especially China, the bubble won't burst. We've had to accept the hard reality that demand is intense.

Also: The Chinese government like to control citizen wealth. one way to bypass this is to buy houses here.

JUST FUCKING MOVE
Look at these three houses
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-120226629
realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-port augusta-117314203
Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere, and property in Melbourne and the Greater Melbourne area isn't going to get any cheaper. Suck it up and MOVE.

Yeah well I'm 22 and just served four years in the memelitary. I have my money pooled in anime figures and own no other assets besides a car and some furniture. Are you even trying to have fun?

You have to play it smart. Grew up in shite area in sydney, moved a few suburbs over. renovated house for 4- 5 years slowly overtime. Now living in a 3 story lakehouse that we moved to last week on the budgewoi.

Jindalee Western Australia

Stop shilling port Augusta. Technically anyone could live in a shack in the desert. People want to stay near their friends, families and not start a new life in bumfucksville or under an airport

>memelitary.
what as? i should be joining as a medical technician within the next year or so

Fuck off you stupid seppo.

You people don't understand stepping stones and building up.

getting into the housing market is the hard part, once you are in it will go up in value and you will make your money that way, my place is only 3x2 in a slightly far away area, a few bad suburbs around, but in 4 years i have made massive gains on having it,
now i can sell and move somewhere better and then do the same thing,

if you get something bigger there is more maintenance more land fees more utility bills etc

You either want to have a shitty life, stay near your friends and family near the city, or be serious about having a future and move to somewhere the property is cheap.

You're fucking thirty years old, and you only just got your house. Probably don't have any kids yet, so you've fucked up mate

See I've never entirely got the stepping stone logic.

Buy house for 300k, live in it for 10 years. House now worth 600k let's say.

Now you want to buy I'm guessing a larger house in a better area? That house was already 400k when you brought your house in shitter suburb for 300k, now that house is 800k.

You still need to find two hundred thousand dollars. See why I don't get this logic?

meant for

Are you just complaining about something that won't change or are you willing to entertain the idea that you'll need to move

That's because it's a jewish lie to get you to buy into a mortgage

implying living in bumfucknowhere on the corner of nojobs street in the middle of the desert is not a shit life?

Move fucking where mate? I already live an hour from the city, how more far out can I possibly go?

Air Dispatch. Be prepared to see the worst of humanity as a medical technician, and desu I'd recommend the Air Force over the Army; though you'll think the Air Force are a bunch of poofs (which is largely true) and join the Army anyway - then spend the next four years being in envy of the RAAF blokes. Also be sure not to send this webm to all of your mates as it contains footage of SASR operations.

a.pomf.cat/kzbxfe.webm

>No jobs
Heeps of welding jobs, so become a welder
Where the houses are fucking cheaper

Also >bumfucknowhere
It's only three hours from Adelaide, you're already an hour from Melbourne, so what's two more?

Is it fuck! Have you ever driven to tullamarine after 17:00 from the cbd? You stupid cunt.

Gonna have to live in the country lad. City property is affordable these days.

Seems literally easier to buy a country house working on a farm in the countryside than it does buying a city house on city wages. Lad I know in london just paid £500,000 for a two room flat when you can get a three bedroom house in the country for £50,000