Take a good look at the countries circled with the color black. Why the fuck are they in UEFA and not AFC...

Take a good look at the countries circled with the color black. Why the fuck are they in UEFA and not AFC? Surely they must understand that their chances of reaching the world cup would be 1000x times higher in that confederation than in UEFA with all the top tier teams. They can't even reach the Euros with the expanded format of 24 teams for crying out loud. And their club teams aren't doing very well the european tournaments either. For their own sake, why aren't they joining the confed that will be better for their own football and actually belongs to the continent they are in? It makes no sense.

I could have included Turkey as well but I figured that they are actually good enough to compete with European teams.

if those teams played for the asian confeds qualifiers then Australia, Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia would have more difficulties qualifying for the WC and those are quite big markets to lose.

why do you think Australia was moved from OFC to Asia?
they had to play agains a CONMEBOL team most of the time and never qualified, now they have a lot more chances, FIFA doesn't care about losing Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan since they are shit markets for football compared to them.

the same reason CONCACAF was created, for USA and Mexico to qualify easily since they're huge markets (keking at USA losing against Trannydad and Tobacco)

Arab teams refuse to play against Israel, so they have to play in UEFA.

>the same reason CONCACAF was created, for USA and Mexico to qualify easily since they're huge markets
That's not the reason at all. North America is its own continent, it deserves its own confederation. If you're going to count South and North America as one continent then you might as well count Europe and Asia as one continent.

yeah you're right, I guess that's why Guyana and Suriname play in CONCACAF even though they're literally South American, it surely has nothing to do with them being absolute dogshit and making it easier for Mexico and USA to qualify, it must be because they're north american, and north america is a continent.

>Arab teams refuse to play against Israel
I hate it when people bring this up as a valid reason. You do realize that it is illegal by FIFA's own rules to refuse a match for political reasons? If Israel wants to play in AFC they should be damn well allowed to. If someone else has a problem with it then it's not Israel's to deal with.

I already gave you the explanation, stop arguing with retarded americans and let this thread die.

Israel quite simply because there'd be a literal manslaughter every time they faced an Arabic team. The remaining countries are ex-Soviet, are they not?

>to count South and North America as one continent
Not taking sides on this argument but doesn't FIFA consider Concacaf and Conmebol as one when it comes to WC hosting, like if Brasil host a WC, Mexico can't host until two wc after and viceversa?

>why do you think Australia was moved from OFC to Asia?
>they had to play agains a CONMEBOL team most of the time and never qualified

Wrong la. We played Iran and lost, then Uruguay and lost, then Uruguay and won, so 50/50. The reason behind moving to the AFC was to get a higher standard of competition more often. Australia literally holds the record for the biggest win in football history. Statpadding against oceanic minnows wasn't doing "us" any favours when we had to play the big games

Why is moving to another fucking continent even allowed?

>We played Iran and lost, then Uruguay and lost, then Uruguay and won, so 50/50
>Two out of three is 50/50
Australian '''''''''''''''''''education'''''''''''''''''''.

Idiot, 1 is half of 2 so it's 50/50

fucking idiot uma delice monkey eater

>Australia
>big market
lolwut

>British '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''mathematics'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Lmao

divide 1 by 2?

Don't worry I'll help you, it's 0.5

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""brasil"""""""""""""""""""""""""" Portuguese discovering your coastline was a mistake literally (they were just following the ocean gyre round to the horn of Africa) and otherwise.

put turkey in the afc

put germany in the afc

>implying your post isn't true

The US gov didn't even install a dictator in your country unless I'm forgetting one of those guys, why are you butthurt

The Aussie mentioned 3 (three) results, of which they only won 1 (one).

1 / 3 = 0.33333... or ~33%.

>British ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''education''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

And it has nothing to do with the fact that finishing 3rd at AFC is as good as finishing 1st at OFC.

The reasons you give can be (and are) right, but the only factor that allows this things to happen is if FIFA market consultants give their okay

2 conmebol results which was the topic macaco

My mistake, I forgot Iran was part of CONMEBOL

>brasilian antything

France is a disgrace!
Those players are too black even for African standards. Like the picked them up from a banana tree.

Bananas are not black dingus

You clearly have never eaten a croatian banana

none of those Euro countries are any good, though. They can be in b/c geography.

if you finished 1st in OFC you had to play the interconfeds playoffs.
there's 4 direct qualifying spots in AFC and there's a 5th spot for the interconfeds playoff.
you got to AFC so you'd qualify easier.

10 Australians watching will give them more revenue than Uzbekistan, China, Iraq, North Korea, etc, given people from those countries probably don't even have TVs