Why was Tommy such a prick to Billy Batts?

Why was Tommy such a prick to Billy Batts?

tommy is prick to everyone

Billy Batts molested Tommy as a kid,this the same reason of why Tommy is a paranoid psychopath.

yes, and the 'shine box' was code for his sweet boi pussy

Alpha male dominance. Italians are like chimps they constantly have to fight over whos the top dog

watch it user

EYYY! OHH!

We're just bustin balls

Clearly you weren't paying attention. Billy insulted him a little bit

Hold on a second, kid.
No need for the harsh words.

billy didn't insult nobody

Wow hey kid! What the fuck are trying to say? Are you calling me a prick or somethin'?

47, he was a fucking kid.

he was a little out of order himself

Tommy was a crazy retard

Why was Jimmy okay with murdering a made man over something trivial?

well as a devout muslim we can guess that Tommy probably opposed the Shah's policies of modernisation, secularisation, conflict with the traditional class of merchants known as bazaari, relations with Israel, and corruption issues surrounding himself, his family, and the ruling elite.

Tommy looked like a Puerto Rican whore who was fucked in the ass in jail

OHHH! The balls on this Irish prick!

nah I didn't fight nobody, give us a drink

He was just putting his balls in a vice a little bit
Squeezing em a lil

Tommy and Billy were both pricks, that's why they didn't get alone with each other.

OHHH, watch it!

he didn't insult him, come on, have the drinks with me

Because Jimmy was also a psychopath but De Niro did a shit job portraying him as such before the end where he was all paranoid.

>De Niro spent hours daily asking the real Henry about Jimmy's mannerism and what kind of person he was, but couldnt nail the most basic facet of his personality, that he was a murderous psycho

>drinks are on ... the house
what did he mean by this?

>drinks are on ...[oh wait a second, I don't wanna pay for this pricks drinks...um....AH! Henry!]...the house. Drinks are on the house.

this could be bullshit but I always interpreted Jimmy joining in on beating/killing Batts as stemming from his anger at being Irish and never being able to get made or get to higher ranks of the mafia. batts even calls him and henry "irish hoodlums" at the beginning of the scene

Has anyone here read Wiseguy?

Probably because Jimmy wasn't a psychopath at all, he didn't enjoy hurting people he just wanted what he was owed.

Why did Tommy kill him?

I think it was meant as a term of endearment for them. They were both pretty loyal to their family and Batts was complimenting them the only way he knew how.

Uhh, jimmy was a legit psycho. Have you ever read up on him? Dude loved killing people and would torture his victims.

Henry was terrified of him even when they were friends.

He had the nerve to stand up to him

Ehhh oh. Dis guy ovah here

It actually had more to do with business than personal offense. When Billy was incarcerated, Jimmy took over some of his rackets, and Billy made it clear that he wanted them back after he was released. Not wanting to surrender an important source of income, Jimmy assisted Tommy in disposing of Batts, knowing that his notoriously short-tempered friend would be the prime suspect.

>Reading Goodfellas fanfiction

You need help. Jimmy in the movie is a consummate professional, Henry even says his true passion is love of stealing.

>first hand sources is fanfic

Yeah, I guess I need help for believing the people who were there and knew the people....

>I like this one. One dog has the high ground, the other dog has the low ground and this guy here in the middle he says "don't try it."

Because he was a drug addict and liability. And he killed Cosette the dog.

Nah, she was just trying to warm up.

they movie didn't show the reason why jimmy was okay with it. it's because when batts was in prison jimmy took over his businesses and he didn't want to give it back to batts

TEACH THIS KID A LITTLE FUCKIN MANNERS

He insulted him a little bit

He didn't insult no one!

>bust Tommy's ball
>Tommy gets a little uptight
>call him out on it but offer a truce
>Tommy gives an honest apology and accepts the truce
>sperg out and start breaking balls again a second later

was it autism?

Why? Was the dog barking?

Have the drink with me!

Nah nah I pay for my own drinks

Come in here and break up my party?

Tommy was just a hotheaded phony who should have owned up to being the shoeshine man, yeah it's a little embarassing but saying to Billy hey i'm not the shoeshine man anymore and I'm just as cool as you when he was in fact once a shoeshiner was insulting. Tommy was in the wrong

He's a fuckin made man. When he busts the balls of some kid, they don't get indignant and pissy.

He'd been in the joint a long time and was just breaking Tommy's balls.

How did the bosses find out that Tommy whacked Batts? Did someone rat on him or did word of the little bit of insulting get back to the Gambinos?

Gotti always had some beef with Tommy and he assumed that it was tommy who whacked Batts. Plus they killed tommy for other shit, mainly he was a rabid dog.

Billy's other friends left earlier, and they probably could put two and two together, given Tommy's history of flying off the handle

Billy's friends at the bar were there to witness the initial argument and Tommy's threats as he was leaving. once he disappears the same night they just put two and two together

Henry could have because Tommy tried to nail his wife when he was in the joint