is there anything Cameron CANT do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGXVJJn8U7U
youtube.com/watch?v=P-SLeoALCoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>one take

He truly is the master of his craft.

Make a good movie?

As an Irish-American, I find this scene pretty insulting since water doesn't flow upwards. Like what the H*CK where they thinking?

kewl cgi

it was made with a model

it's a miniature actually,

The tilt is because it distracts you from realising it is a miniature.

And the ship is sinking nose down first so the tilt is justified.

Clever filmmaking, but the credit is owed to Camerons special effects department.

No way those bursting doors are not CGI'd in.

I could swear I saw it on some behind the scenes featurette or that "Making of Titanic" special i taped on VHS somewhere, that the whole thing was model and they used air guns to blow out the doors and wall

youtube.com/watch?v=fGXVJJn8U7U

14:00

Sweet didnt know it was on YT. Thats the video I was thinking of. Thanks

>special effects then
72 hour constructed hallway at 1/4" scale with water guns and one chance to record it to film

>special effects now
green screen

Alright, I'm legitimately impressed.

Cameron is Poseidon, the god of the ocean and the box office

eh, it was once in million shot. Nobody will be able to replicate what Titanic did. It's just one of those phenomenons.

To the redditors who claim episode viii will top titanic and avatar:
N E V E R E V E R

>is there anything Cameron CANT do?
stay married to one woman probably

REAL WATER

Avatar and Titanic are the top two highest grossing films, do you seriously doubt that he'll top the box office a third time?

I fear alot of directors have the same mindset
>It cant be done so we will do half the movie in front of a green screen.

>Titanic had a 200 million $ budget.
>Age of Ultron had a 300 million $ budget and looks like a Unreal Engine visual presentation vid.

That said, the CGI that is in Titanic hasnt aged well, all other special effects have though.

>those digits
w-what did he mean by this?

Some of the 3D people are pretty awful especially in shots like these, but this scene is iconic with millions

these flyovers though

It's the lighting and the people walking that make it look bad. The smoke, water reflections and effects, the texture on the boat looks alright.

>I-a can see-a the statue-a of liberti-a. It's small. hehe

you can't really tell the first couple of time though.

The only scene that looks dated is the composite shot during Rose's suicide attempt.
It looks like a FMV game.

looks that cg

right and thats what I think is the weakest CGI. Theres a few cgi people at the end when the stern is all the way up and people are falling. Most are stuntmen but a few are cg and its very obvious

The ship effects themselves are impeccable

It's like The Sims.

In the docu JC says that scene cost a cool mil.

Even these model composite shots are good again except for some of the CGI people

>d

ill be gravely disappointed if avatar 2 isnt at least 50% underwater

>is there anything Cameron CANT do?

DIRECT

The lights going out on the ship gave me fucking anxiety when I saw this in the theatre as a kid.
Could you imagine the fear people felt being trapped inside a ship, filling with water, sinking.....ALL IN THE DARK?

even worse, the movie shows it as blueish moonlighting, for the sake of the movie, but in real life it was pitch black, so all you hear is explosions and screams

......I didn't think about the real incident not having the moonlight.

T-Thanks user.

>all those stuntmen scrambling and screaming at 13:00 with real water rushing in and rising
Good lord. I would be terrified to be near that set, that's intense as fuck.

I love this movie I don't care how people say how corny and cheesy it is.
I feel legitimate fear during scenes like this
and I always cry like a bitch when the musicians are playing one last song and you see the old couple cuddling in bed and the mother reading to her children.
youtube.com/watch?v=P-SLeoALCoY
here is the scene to enjoy

Actually, now that I rewatch it, I suspect the stuntmen are just focused on movement, and they have a "chorus" of screamers on the side doing vocal duties. But it sounds great, jesus.

really interesting video thanks im gonna watch the full thing now.

It kind of bothers me when people are quick to right off Titanic like fucking casual filth. They have no idea what went into making this entire film.

If he saw the behind the scenes, I think their views would change.

I think some of the splashes/bubbling when the ship is sinking look a bit too much like model shots, but it's probably only because I knew what I was looking at. Overall the effects in Titanic are still superb.

people seem to think of it as a lovey-dovey romance film with some good nude scenes but overlook the fact that about 45% of it is a disaster movie

>Irish-American

I laughed

Watch the movie after the lights go out in the dark, and turn up the sound. thats the only way to experience it properly

how did the camera not get wet?

I assume it's zoomed in and not actually that close to the water.

My hormones definitely went to fucking defcon 1 when I saw those nudey scenes.

more like kate BUSH