youtu.be/eO3veBHQ7aQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cg7CEcqSgAo
endofthelane.co.uk/burton.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=X5d5pQM7IGo

They almost changed the tardis to a red telephone box with blacked out windows

What is the meaning of this picture?

Which Doctor is the middle left image?

I don't know why this triggers me so much but it does. I mean it's not like having a red telephone booth instead of a blue police box would automatically make the writing worse or affect anything else about the show, really. But I just know if this had been the new series I would consider it not muh real Doctor Who.

Recons>Animation?

>"Untitled 2008 Christmas special"[edit]
On Christmas Eve, an alien creature attaches itself to author J.K. Rowling. Suddenly, the real world is replaced by a magical reality influenced by the writer's own imagination. The Doctor must battle witches and wizards to reach Rowling and put the world to rights.[216]

I usually prefer the animations even though they're shitty. Having things actually move is just so important to the feel of a television show.

You know, Voyage of the Damned wasn't really that bad.

I read somewhere that it wasn't done because they weren't sure how good of an actor J.K could be.

I remember reading that Tennant practically begged RTD not to do it.

We got The Next Doctor instead of the JK Rowling one.

Yeah, I read that Tennant thought it sounded too 'spoofy'.

>black faceplate cibber
got to be the worst attempt at a cyberman variant possible

"Fans" complained bitterly about a superhero Xmas special.

Imagine the howls of hatred if RTD had made a Who/ world of Harry Potter hybrid.

If RTD did it they'd fall over themselves praising it

Holy shit. Didn't expect them to bring back him for the finale

I remember when I first heard about this I thought it sounded great and wished it had been made. But that was before I'd ever watched any Doctor Who.

That is such a beautiful piece of art. Can someone send it to Adam? I am sure he would approve.

Anyone wonder if Utopia was the first time the Doctor subconsciously ran away from Jack?

He'd been on Earth several times previously after being made immortal, specifically in School Reunion, where he parked the Tardis in a cupboard in a school, Fear Hear, Love and Monsters, where both times he parked it in public, but nowhere near where Jack would have been, in Army of Ghosts the Tardis landed near Rose's home, which is amazing that Jack didn't find out about because he admitted to watching her. Then it was brought to Canary Wharf.

Then, he went back to Earth the following Christmas, but the Tardis was in transit many times in that episode so it might have been hard for Jack to track down, or maybe Ten was sensing Jack was in the city and trying to keep it from being fixed down?

Then there's Smith and Jones, where he left it in an alley when that hospital was taken to the moon. It's conceivable Jack found it, but maybe couldn't get away from Torchwood, or waited hours for the Doctor to return and couldn't wait any longer. But if he found it, why didn't he just open it and hide inside? Then it landed in Martha's apartment in Lazarus Experiment, makes sense Jack couldn't find it then.
Then nothing until the Angels found it in Blink. Now Jack could have heard about it since it was kept in a police station, but maybe it wasn't widely discussed.

Which brings us to Utopia. Jack had just been dead for several days, then came back. He's more confused then ever about his immortality, when sudden, his doctor detector starts going off, and he see's the Tardis materializing near the Rift, where he runs and clings to the other side and the adventure proceeds as we saw.

So all those times Jack didn't encounter the Doctor, was Jack just dumb and unable to find him when he was in the same time zone, or was Ten intentionally parking the Tardis in areas he couldn't sense Jack on a subconscious level, if he could help it?

was it ever shown/known when Jack/Torchwood came into possession of the Hand.

Saying Gareth has been erased triggers Gallifrey Base so much I love it.

It had to have been after The Christmas Invasion sometime, but it can't have been too long because it hadn't started to atrophy (assuming Time Lord limbs that are removed atrophy at the same rate as human ones). Torchwood had to have been sweeping up the mess caused by the ship and its destruction, it makes sense either Torchwood 3 and Jack was there to find the hand, or Torchwood 1 found the hand and Jack found out about it and stole it.

With recons, I like seeing what we could have seen if the episode survived.

Voyage of the damned is a comfy fun romp

yeah I figured that as well but Jack never said.

I really like your thoughts here though. Just some things because I am not clear.

Where was the hand at any given time London, Cardiff or in between?
What's the range of the hand's reaction, how far can it reach?
When did Jack/Torchwood realise that it was The Doctor's hand?

>The Ice Warriors (episodes 1 & 4–6 of 6, with both animated full and "telesnap" partial reconstructions of episodes 2 & 3
Are there recons/telesnaps on the Ice Warriors DVD?

Since it was just in a jar, it was easily portable. Jack could have very well just waited until hearing about some sort of disturbance involving aliens, grabbed a car and the hand and went to investigate, but simply not arrived in time, or been unable to find the Tardis, the Doctor or his companion. Or if the doctor was out of contact with the Tardis, like in Smith and Jones when he was stuck on the moon, the Tardis could have de-materialized by itself and rematerialized later when Jack had gone, to prevent him from getting inside with his Tardis key.

As for when Jack realized it was the doctor's hand, Harriet Jones and her right hand man both saw it get chopped off, then probably heard about what was recovered and put two and two together and either told Jack or found out about it by shagging assistants and soldiers to get information.

Anyone else wish we'd gotten more time with Yana!Master?

He gave me chills when he screamed at Chantho "That is not my name!"

Bless Derek Jacobi.

Cool you've made me think about it.
My bad memory with Harriet being there. And your other theory is downright believable. Excellent

Going Back to the Doctor running away from Jack, maybe why all of the unknown criss-crossing and just missing could've been the TARDIS avoiding Jack.

>subconsciously
he sees jack coming

Yes! Like in Idiots Lantern, when Ten and Rose were heading to 70's New York but ended up in 50's London, maybe it sensed that Jack was in 70's New York at the time for one reason or another. It would honestly explain so much.

>Alright let's go to ! *activates Tardis*
>Tardis gets scared and senses Jack, decides to go to a far off planet in orbit around a black hole instead

>Alright Rose, ready for 1979? *activates Tardis*

>Tardis gets terrified, senses Jack in 1979 and goes to 1879, where yes, Jack is still around and active but probably isn't in Scotland, and then drops them right in the middle of events that would lead to Torchwood being created

Should have stayed instead id Simm

>>Tardis gets terrified, senses Jack in 1979 and goes to 1879, where yes, Jack is still around and active but probably isn't in Scotland, and then drops them right in the middle of events that would lead to Torchwood being create

Wow awesome thought. It makes so much sense now you out it like that.

>Minister of War
>Harold Saxon was the Prime Minister
>Prime Ministers are also usually cabinet ministers beforehand

Minister of War is MISSY?!?!

>there will never be Hurt/Jacobi audios

Guess which episode this is from.

Before the time war, Time Road knew that it came like a storm in the wind. There were many prophecies and stories, legends before the fact. One of them was about creatures called hybrids. Half Darek, Halftime Road, Ultimate Warrior. But who is it? Does it bring about peace or destruction? Is it true or is it an illusion? I confess, I know that hybrids are true. I know where it is and what it is. I confess, I am afraid.

As you come tha fuck into dis ghetto, suttin' else be also born, so check it before ya wreck it. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Yo ass begin yo' game, n' it begins a trip towardz you, biatch. Well shiiiit, it moves slowly yo, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow. Never faster, never slower n' shiznit fo' realz. Always coming. Yo ass will run, it will strutt. Yo ass will rest, it will not. One day, yo big-ass booty is ghon linger up in tha same place too long. Yo ass will sit too still or chill too deep fo' realz. And when, too late, you rise ta go, yo big-ass booty is ghon notice a second shadow next ta yours. Yo crazy-ass game will then be over.

Yo ass can. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch fo' realz. And you will. Or dis street is ghon be over n' shit. I’ll show you n' all yo' funky lil playaz ta tha whole bustin up ghetto. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! I’ll brang UNIT, I’ll brang Zygons. Gimme a minute, I’ll brang tha Daleks n' tha Cybermen. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Yo ass will save Clara n' yo big-ass booty is ghon do it now or I'ma drizzle hell on you fo' tha rest of time.

Finale titles confirmed:

That's Gareth Part 1
That's Gareth Part 2

Could this mean the Christmas Special is titled "Twelfth Night"?

What are they thinking revealing these so early. Massive spoilers

Yeah I cant believe that particular character is returning. Looks like Moffat really is going for the "Journey's End" or "End of Time" fan-fest style ending

Yea but even RTD had some restraint. This is overkill t b h

Planet 55 had gotten really good at them. Really a shame they aren't doing more. Reign of Terror was kind of bad, but their Moonbase is by far the best way to watch those missing episodes.

With PotD I had watched the narrated recon, the animation one was horrible but it did add something I didn't get before which was the amount of awkward silence in the first scene. I never realized how funny it was supposed to be because I had always seen it with someone talking between the dialogue, but just having Polly and Ben staring dumbfounded at this weird guy digging through shit smiling. I prefer the recon for this story but the animation does offer some benefit.

best companion coming through

Please stop.

this is /jenna/ general now

youtube.com/watch?v=jRkqlpZeGq8

OOOh what's this? A threadly reminder?

literally crying rn

Not going to lie. I don't even know what doctor who is. I always hear the name and I think to myself "doctor WHO"??? Is it more cape shit?

I'm not ready, guys. I know he's leaving but the realization hasn't truly hit me yet.
fuck.

She's really gone and we're never going to have her back again are we /who/?

01 Rose
02 Tooth and Claw
03 The Girl in the Fireplace
04 The Empty Child (1/2)
05 The Doctor Dances (2/2)
06 Human Nature (1/2)
07 Family of Blood (2/2)
08 Silence in the Library (1/2)
09 Forest of the Dead (2/2)
10 Midnight
11 Blink
12 Heaven Sent

This would be the ultimate Doctor Who series. With Eccleston as 9.

its a sci fi

>Tooth and Claw

why?

Just a fun generic episode in which you could introduce a companion and show the dynamic between them.

Wouldn't keeping the End of the World in that spot do that better?

Yeah, I went for Tooth and Claw over that because I prefer that episode but EOTW would probably be better.

Because you're not the first to have written to the show, oh, there have been so many!

And what you've got to ask yourself is...

...What happened to them?

The "Cartmel Masterplan".

AKA the best thing that never happened.
I still consider it canon, tho.

vote
strawpoll.me/12380614
strawpoll.me/12380614
strawpoll.me/12380614

>Mark Gatiss with five votes
Is this bait?

>strawpoll.me/12380614
A lot of two parters. Put Midnight and Blink between a few to break up the pace a bit

Why exactly did Moff ruin The Last Great Time War?
Not only Gallifrey was saved, but we've seen Timelords onscreen, and they were just a generic alien race who were under siege. It didnt look at all like what 9 and 10 were describing to us

>Corrupt Timelords who became daleks v2
>Nightmare Child who eats the whole starfleets
>Weapons of mass destruction people cant imagine
Instead we got pew-pew I'm shooting lasers at people, look, war is terrible!

No, we're on to bigger tits and better things, see

Just wait until Peter's regeneration ;)

Steven Berkoff apparently was the cause that the ending of Power of Three got fucked, according to GB.

More details please

Was it originally supposed to be longer/a two-parter?

>It's another "Mark Gatiss creates 6 IP's" day

Okay, chibbers. Sure, the shittiness of all your episodes wasn't your fault.

>10 minutes into The Caretaker and chill and he gives you this look

what do you do?

>My favourite behind the scenes thing about Power is that because it was so rushed to make Chris had to write it whilst on holiday, and without his wife knowing...getting up early and sneaking off to coffee shops to write a page at a time before heading back. It must have made the themes of the episode and its central double life that Amy and Rory are living that bit more personal!

>We don't really know, apart from that he behaved very badly and uncooperatively and either wouldn't perform what he was asked to or deliberately sabotaged his performance. Perhaps he thought Doctor Who was beneath him... in which case he shouldn't have agreed to appear in it.

>It must have been quite a massive dive in expectations for Power of Three from "oh my GOD! Steven Berkoff is going to be in my episode!" to "oh my GOD! Steven Berkoff is making a complete ¤¤¤¤ing mess of my episode!" to "oh my GOD! Steven Berkoff has left his sequences so unutterably awful that I have to rewrite AFTER IT'S ALREADY BEEN SHOT!" to "all I can use to end my episode are the regular cast, some black drapes, and some stock computer screens!"

It's about an ancient alien time traveler who can travel anywhere in space or time (but usually ends up fighting alien invasions in present day UK for some reason).

Oh, and he often has an attractive female companion traveling with him. But that's not important.....not at all.....of course.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.
Do you realise most of his Silurian episodes was cut because they could'nt afford more prosthetics?

Anyone seen this?

youtube.com/watch?v=J3-0ZIRU7Ic

Right, right. Definitely not your fault at all mr. chibman. And let me guess that 42 sucked because of RTD rewrites?

42 was fine, it's not outstanding but it's fine.
I bet you like Hell Bent or something, you abomination.

This one is better.

youtu.be/eO3veBHQ7aQ

Well it is the best finale

Oh, this is you. Makes sense now.
Fuck Offerino.

youtube.com/watch?v=cg7CEcqSgAo

Honestly why do people have a thing against Hell Bent? It's the best episode of Clara Who. And I love Clara, so it is objectively the best episode.

it's proven fake, David Burton is talking shit
endofthelane.co.uk/burton.html

I will never understand why people like Clara.
Yes, she's attractive and maybe qt, great to fap to, but caring about this character is beyond understanding. No character, no proper backstory, but for some reason she's the most important in the universe, who is also immortal time traveller now.

But user she blew into this world on a leaf.

Wow!

Girly Letters/Anathema triggers me so fucking much.

Say hello to number #13.

>tfw found her Facebook and LinkedIn

I found it ages ago and never found it since.