Why isn't Baseball popular in Europe?

Why isn't Baseball popular in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

squawka.com/news/from-30-to-1-the-best-african-players-in-the-premier-league-right-now/961504
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_La_Liga_players#Ghana
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top-division_football_clubs_in_CAF_countries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Chad
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo#Sports
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Chad
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_the_Republic_of_the_Congo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Russia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they aren't smart enough to appreciate it.

they aren't smart enough to appreciate it.

they aren’t smart enough to appreciate it.

I'm gay

because Britain decided to stick with the primitive, less evolved version of the sport that drags out into even longer more boring games.

show boypussy

Baseball isn't enjoyed by commies

>Europe
it isn't popular anywhere in the world except for USA and like 5 other countries.

cause it's boring

Wasn't Holland in the WBC?

There are some players that come out of Colombia and there is the occasional Italian that gets signed.

I was in Nicaragua last year and watched a couple of their pro baseball games. low class kino as fuck

so what?
I'm pretty sure that baseball isn't even in the top 10 sports in terms of popularity in Italy or Colombia.

I think we produced a couple of basketball players and nobody watches or cares about basketball here, not even our 5th sport.

bats are illegal in bongistan

Asians and Africans don't play sports and europe is a bunch of micro nations so them not playing isn't super relevant.

But Venezuela is? It's their first sport and have sent 350 players to the mlb. Isn't that Altuve guy from there?

>if you arbitrarily ignore these 3 continents, baseball is slightly popular

USA is 50 countries in one, retard

If you include Asia and Africa, no sport is popular.

Once we get the Chinese and the Indian Subcontinent (they’re already halfway there with cricket) onto baseball, it’s world domination.
>soon

definitely top 10 in Colombia. Not sure about Italy.

What sports do you even play besides soccer and basketball on a decent scale?

Our kids play something similar all the time

whatever you say m8

what did he mean by this

1. Football
2. Car Racing
3. Rugby
4. Tennis
5. Boxing

Doesn't mean it's popular

That picture is pretty disingenuous since Africans don't really play sports and you can see right there than Chinamen play ping pong. So it is really just euros and their former south american colonies who play soccer.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm even bothering with this argument since USA playing its own sports just disproves the notion that it is cultureless.

now do it by population and you'll see how irrelevant sawker is

We do it too. We call it brännboll.

>africans don't really play sports
Usa played ghana in 2014 in that same world cup there was nigeria, ivory coast, cameroon and south africa

Oops south africa was in 2010

Based Brennball bro

Yeah that's due to how it is organized which forces african countries into the competition since they only play each other to get into the tournament. And you haven't shown that every highlighted african nation actually plays the sport at a high level since most african nations are too busy starving and getting aids to play sports.

>Africans don't really play sports
you keep saying that, but that's not a fact, it's your opinion and nothing else.

I know you want to stick up for your black brothers across the pond, but you have nothing of substance to argue with.

The map shows the most popular sport not the most played.
There are africans playing the European leagues
squawka.com/news/from-30-to-1-the-best-african-players-in-the-premier-league-right-now/961504

>a handful of players over 3 decades
nice!

you're the one spouting nonsense.
I showed you proof of football being the #1 sport in most countries and you're trying to disallow it with your retarded opinion, based in absolutely no facts whatsoever, and now you're resorting to straight up ad hominem.
I don't know man, you have literally no arguments.

You're so fucking retarded, just stop replying and acting like you're in control of the argument when you lost.

That's in the premier league (england)
for example, la liga (spain)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_La_Liga_players#Ghana

those are 30 current English League players.
England is just one country out of like 50 in Europe.
I seriously don't know what you're talking about

How can you declare that countries like the democratic republic of the congo plays soccer when their biggest multiuse """stadium""" is smaller than my old high school one and the vast majority of the people there live in such abject poverty that the idea of sports doesn't even cross their minds? Do you not see how disingenuous that chart is?

Boreball sucks dick. So does Boricket

>poor people don't count

football is like a religion in Africa, the fact that you don't know this makes you an ignorant, but the fact that you're trying to argue against it based on the sole fact that they're poor is fucking atrocious.

eating people and raping virgins to cure AIDS are actual religions in Africa

...that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art.

>football is like a religion in Africa
ahahahaha stop making bullshit up and having the nerve to call others other ignorant. fuck you are even talking about africa like it is a single place like the people who made that popularity chart

Do you actually believe every singel person in poor african countries are so poor they dont understand the consept of sports?

why do you want it to be popular? popular=/=good

why is this so funny

yes, it's a massive shithole, we've established that, how does that mean that they shouldn't count when it comes to what sport is popular there?
can you please stop spouting nonsense for a second?

You might as well count swimming because of Dolphins

>stop making bullshit up and having the nerve to call others other ignorant.
ok, you're either trolling or an actual retard, I'll stop talking to you now.

It is not that they don't understand (though I'm sure many dumb africans don't). It is just that they are so poor they live in tiny villages and don't play any sport at even a high school level. The fact that only a handful of players emerge out of the millions and millions of people in the continent (and only from select countries) and get some training in europe or south america and become decent players is proof of this.

Baseball isnt a popular sport and football is. Deal with it, dont make embarrass the other Americans.

to properly play baseball you need to understand certain rules, soccer is a very simple sport, baseball is not, you need to learn it, and there is no-one who could do that in Africa

>It is just that they are so poor they live in tiny villages and don't play any sport at even a high school level.
jesus christ, what an ignorant fuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top-division_football_clubs_in_CAF_countries

Any country can do it if venezuela can. Stop the bullshit. Any sport rule is easy when you grow with it. People talk like it's fucking rocket science or something lmao a bunch of rules get the fuck outta here

Only america has this shitty high school/collage level sport systems, idiot!

>collage
Guessing you didn't go

>they live in a village
>this means they can't play sports
>high school level
Americans really are something else

yeah, I guess that's why nobody plays it in Europe or South America either, you're right.

Hey, Pajeet, my router isn't working.

And don't tell me to unplug it and plug it back in.

Don't make me fucking research because I'm startign to find that half the african nations either play basketball more or don't play shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Chad
>basketball

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo#Sports
>basketball

>both propped up do to western humanitarian projects
Whoever made the chart just painted the entire thing as soccer and called it a day

I'm phoneposting with a foreign keyboard. Besides that, you seem to be out of real arguments.

a street soccer game between children can apply all the soccer rules, a street baseball game cannot, at least in the perreras here you usually need to:
>establish the bases
>do we use the normal foul rule or a foul with 2 strikes is an out
>can we steal bases?
>balks are never applied
>who is the home team
among other stuff
also Venezuela isn't the best example, Venezuelan crisis is a recent thing, not something coming from the 18th century, people just chooses to have short-term memory

>Russia isnt hockey
LMAO fake news.

>those shitty links
>in all of them it names football before anything else
>just 2 countries

I showed you the top league of each country in football.
all in one link.
go ahead, do the same.

all you found was some mention of basketball in a single article with nothing else.

It doesn't say basketball is the biggest one. It says "major sport" and it the listing starts with football

wew this was easy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Chad
>Football is by far the most popular sport in Chad.[1][2][3] Many of top Chadian footballers have played professionally in France.

forgot this one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_the_Republic_of_the_Congo
Football is the number one sport in the Congo.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Russia

literally the first sentence
>The most popular sport in Russia is football

This is an american site, Huecinho, refer to it as soccer

Bro I can tell you from experience kids only need a stick, a ball, and pieces of cardboard to play base all with all the rules.

t. Dominicano

>American site
Not anymore, My dear American.

I highly doubt tennis gets more spectators than basketball considering you have a decent league .

what? no, not even close, Basketball isn't even broadcasted, Tennis is.

Baseball isn't a sport. It's a mild activity designed to get people to socialize and so dads can overpay for a hotdog and talk to their sons about using a condom. When you see crowd shots of baseball games, practically no one is watching the ""action"". And what action it is, when the pitcher takes 3 minutes to perform his pagan luck rituals before each pitch, and 90% of the other players nurturing their beer guts, safe in the knowledge they might not be needed all game. At least the 81,774 game season makes up for the excitement

Japanjin call it Soccer too.

I don't know what country you're in, but it's Based

>he thinks that car racing is a sport

Because it's complicated, boring and dull

American rounders for obese mexicans

They don't deserve it.

Most of our talents are from the carribean. It's popular here but like sport number 6 or 7

lmao

No need to be passive-aggressive, Nigel.

you don't need to pay attention all the time, and the psychological aspect is a big part of the game, a pitcher who takes his time is trying to mess with the batter's mind by making him overthink, will he use a curveball?, will he use a slider?, will he challenge me with a fastfall down the middle? is he trying to make me swing or is expecting that I will hold the bat?, the moment after a pitch that doesn't come into play or end in someone getting out or on base has little tension in comparison, each count brings new possibilities, if it's 3-0 the batter has the advantage, if it's 0-2 the pitcher has a lot more freedom to work with, that's why the body language is important, if a pitcher shows that he is nervous he is done for, but if a pitcher shows his dominance and has a strong intimidation factor he becomes untouchable, if you don't play or understand baseball all of this gets over your head and comes off as boring

Can't believe no one has called bullshit on this guy yet. Like seriously, how geographically dense are americans?

Why is this board so passive-aggressive towards Americans? I feel like I'm on Sup Forums these days.

Just some harmless banter

We live in their heads 24/7 rent free. Notice how a jap made this thread and all the replies mention USA. They claim USA has no culture and then get mad as fuck when we play our own sports while they all play the same povertyball because it flies in the face of that.

Its what happens when people chat shit, its quite a normal response.

I kinda enjoy watching it at a casual level.
Seems like a great lazy Sunday sport to watch.

Kinda how I enjoy watching golf on TV.

lmao you're getting so many replies.

>They claim USA has no culture

nobody said anything remotely like that in this thread except for another one of your fellow americans, why are you so sensitive about having culture?

>football
0 Russians in the NFL or CFL.

Australians created discord between Europeans and Americans in the pre flag days which was preserved in the board DNA
That said, Sup Forums is a shell of its former self and Sup Forums tier posters might be the majority right now

It's ridiculous claiming Africans don't play football because you don't want them to because it doesn't suit your argument.There are so many Africans in all of the leagues in Europe, not just the top leagues but all the shit ones too.Plus, go onto a website like Goal.com and 90% of the commenters are from Nigeria or Ghana.