Movies that you didn't understand

I don't know if this movie was actually a flick or too kiŋo for me to understand.

The whole story seemed so messy. All the deaths so random, and the end scene didn't really have a meaning. Also the demonic wolves acting and sounding quite unlike actual wolves. Nice scenery and soundtrack though.

Whatever happened to Joe Carnahan. It just seems he does tv now. I really liked this and Narc.

>I don't know if this movie was actually a flick or too kiŋo for me to understand.

>mfw I watched Breathless

It was definitely a film but nothing more than that.

the movie is a metaphor for dealing with death

Hmmm... sounds plausible really and I can't argue with trips.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

my favourite scene is when Liam Neeson is the only one left and he just falls to his knees, watches up and basically begs God for a sign
a sign that things will be alright
a sign that all this is not just for nothing
very powerful

This, and the wolves don't act like wolves because they are a foil to the human characters

When the movie came out critics complained that there were wolves in the movie at all and that they should have just been freezing to death.

Same OP. I also really don't understand Master and Commander

His wife death right?

its a deceptive slasher film, pretty good shit.

Fargo. Wtf was that jew shit.

I thought this was obvious. Not OP by the way.

>guy has a broken leg
>let's walk through 4 foot deep snow and just let him fall behind for no reason

Literally the only bad part of the movie.

>British man on a boat BTFO the French
>RULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES
What's not to get?

>IQ is too low to understand a simple survival plot

ITT: Another thread where we have to ask other people for opinions to develop our own

It's not a metaphor at all. It's very straightforward.

Bane?

Dat scene where they leave the guy to die and he just watches the mountains waiting for wolves/hypothermia

;_;

he always ends up butting heads with the studio and drops out, its like his thing

So the idea of his fathers poem was that instead of succumbing to apathy and death you should fight and either live and die through that.

Also it literally sounded something like Tennyson would have written.

Was he going to heaven?
Why was he going to heaven?

Fucking include this to the chart, right now

But everyone was almost predestined to die, there was never a chance of survival.

But I couldn't get anywhere because the wolves bothered me too much.

>all the niggas in my theater flinging their snacks and drinks all over the place when it cut to black
Cant say I didnt expect that

its a metaphor for the palestinians and israel. guess who is the big landstealing pack of wolves?

Its Alien for the 1000th time in different setting

Chinks do chink things for an hour and a half, then the protag gets his nuts blown off by a firework

Utterly bizarre, has some nice nips in a negligee but nothing substantial.

First time I saw No Country For Old Men I thought of it as a great action thriller without all of it's philosophical subtext, but I scrolled through some threads and read some essays on the topic and soon realized how wrong I truly was.

>tfw to smart for subtext

Please don't, thank you.

This was the movie that outed my dad as a pleb to me. When he was telling me about it he said he was disappointed the whole movie was building a fight with the wolves then once Neeson was about to fight the wolf the movie ends.

I've never taken his opinion on movies seriously since.

Yes it is, you're just retarded.

This movie is overrated
It has the trappings of a metaphorical philosophical exploration of mortality, but it also tries to be an action movie where cool shit happens because it's cool

It's the film equivalent of some musclebound Chad reading Shakespeare to impress a girl.

The poem in the movie itself is a total cheat. It's written specifically for the exact situation the character is in.
It doesn't "earn" its profundity because it straight up says what it means.

If you want a good movie about man, nature, and his place in it, The Revenant is far superior

The Revenant looked great and had amazing camera work, but it doesn't have much for it besides that.

This was well crafted bait.

It's Darkman and a group of redshirts walk around stopping every 20 minutes to tell them they're all fucked. It's a feelgood film.

i unironically enjoyed this movie

Not bait.
I really think the Grey is a great example of a "pseudo-intellectual" movie that dresses up as smart but is only puddle deep.

Like, I get the demonic wolves were trying to be a metaphor for the inescapable nature of death.
But it's like someone proposed that idea, then it was executed by someone who wanted to thrill the audience.
The same thing with the repeated poem. It's like someone proposed a good idea, then someone else said "That's gay. Metaphor is stupid. Let's just have the poem say fight against death"

Bug.

I understood it but just have no fucking clue what the director was trying to get across.

I disagree. It did a fantastic job of being a movie about life and what it means to be alive without ever needing to say anything.

Same
I think it's a great movie.

Shutter island.

Why did his partner not help him get off the island?

His partner was crazy

makes sense now thanks

I think that being so intimated by action is, to put it nicely, pleb-ish, pseuds' attitude.
It is not the equivalent of Chad reading Shakespeare. Chad and anyone who misses the point of the film dislike it for not showing the final fight, it's really easy to spot those who don't grasp its themes.
I don't get your point for the poem. It could very well be a poem itself, I don't know why you need an approved figure to have published it to not consider it a cheat. The "earned" profundity goes for the poem or movie? Movie earns its profundity from the whole narration, the poem wouldn't earn even if it was not crafted fro the movie, since it is part of it (why mention it otherwise?).
If you want a good movie about man and nature and his place in it, watch Thin Red Line.
Revenant is beautiful by all means, but empty in those themes, or at least it misses them because of the revenge plot being too significant.

But those are interpretations, I guess, to each his own.

>people didn't get that he's odin
>HAS ONLY ONE FUCKING EYE
>NORSE MYTHOLOGY

how was this so fucking overlooked?

He's not Odin, you pleb
He's a symbol for the dying pagan faith and the way of life of the old vikings