Consensus?

Consensus?

an improvement over his last couple of turds.
shooting it on 70mm then having 75% of the film indoors was a waste though.

not good. very boring. quentin is a cuck AND a thief

Anyone else think this is his most mature work and much much better than Basterds or Django? I feel I'm in the minority with this opinion.

Watched it with my gf last weekend havent seen it since I saw it in theaters, I think its his most comfy movie, pre cabin drags ALOT but once they are in there it flys, I really enjoy this movie alot

boring and masturbatory

the flashback stuff with the black dingus made it worse, only because leaving it ominous would have been better

His best.

Warm black dingus

It's a solid movie.
Definitely this. You didn't need any visuals accompanying Jackson's speech. Letting the audience use their imagination would work so much better.

>the obligatory bloodbath at the end
>the badly fitting soundtrack
>Tim Roths "accents"
>The out of the blue and completely jarring Quentin Tarantino gay voiceover
>The N- Word used at least 50 times.

its literally a Meme Movie. Tarantino has started to parody himself and cant even see it because he's snorting too much coke.

I hated just about everything about it. Not only is it extremely overlong and never very interesting, but cynicism passed off as social commentary is the worst kind of "message" a movie can have to me. There's always a smugness about it that bothers me too

That's Jackie Brown. But now that the dust has settled, H8tful is probably his 2nd best

>>the badly fitting soundtrack
kys
cynicism about what? the reconstruction era? that period was fucking awful

Comfy but too long

The first 2 thirds until Kurt Russell dies are maximum comfy and mandatory blizzard viewing, but once the shooting starts I just turn it off and watch The Thing or something, after that it becomes a boring Tarantino gore-fest.

The whole "americans can only stop being racist if they redirect their hate elsewhere" thing.

>"americans can only stop being racist if they redirect their hate elsewhere"
What?

>That modern, out of place, alt-rock song that plays during the massacre

Shoulda just stuck with Morricone.

An excellent script, with excellent dialogue, as always.

Tarantino tries to do the "America in microcosm" sort of thing Stagecoach did, all these different types of people forced by necessity to share a room together. But instead of 3 dimensional people with different motives and feelings interacting and growing through their discourses, they're all just racists and sociopaths. So they bicker and swear and shoot each other for nearly 3 hours, but in the end the only time they can put aside their individual hatreds for something other than personal gain is to turn that hate on a shared target.

It's nihilistic and has nothing constructive to say about people, but Tarantino thinks it's timely social commentary.

AND CHESTER.

Damn good, but could have been much better.

CHAAAARLES.

I liked it aside from the shit with Jackson talking about getting his dick sucked. Totally unnecessary and stupid.

An excellent buildup with no payoff whatsoever. I had high exceptations and it was a complete letdown.

Ending felt off, but other than that the fist 2hrs felt like a breeze

You've got to be joking

SMITHERS.

This.

>use 70mm
>shoot indoors

Yeah agreed, the dick sucking part went on far too long and the part where he suddenly starts narrating was autistic and should've been left out.

The original ending was a gigantic shootout or something. That might've fit better but I like the ending with the letter reading too.

If somebody edits it down to 90 minutes I'd probably watch it once a month.

As it stands....it's like watch tarantula jerk off on somebody's feet.

no i'd say that's about right.

-SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ON THAT WARM... BLACK... /DINGUS/...

Pretty good. Probably Quentin's best since Kill Bill Vol. 1. I actually think IB is kinda shitty when Waltz and Pitt are off screen and Django just dies in the last third. Every normalfag I know hated H8 but wanks off to IB and DU. More reasons for me to like it.

I think it was really just a break from the cabin set

>shooting it on 70mm then having 75% of the film indoors was a waste though.

I saw it in the 70mm format and it was just a waste

>Every normalfag I know hated H8 but wanks off to IB and DU. More reasons for me to like it.
At least you admit you're a hipster.

His best

I thought was a lightsaber from the thumbnail.

I thought it was some kind of human centipede thing.

FOR AS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG AS HE COULD!

Really fun watch. The writing was pretty good and I like the setting.

This

The story he told was pretty long and would've felt a lot longer if we just stared at sam jacksons and the colonials face the whole time. The flash back helped it go by a bit quicker, and you still don't know if he told the truth or not because he was shown to be a good liar with his fake letter

It was good and maybe good enough for one more rewatch but no more after that. I still enjoyed it but not enough to ever want to see it more than twice.

I dont know if its cause im just used to seeing his movies a lot or what but i feel like when he drags on the dialogue to much it just becomes obnoxious now, like hes trying to show off somehow by making the characters sound witty, and they all just end up sounding like him, and it kinda kills the film for me. I didnt mind it in films like resivoir, pulp fiction and maybe jackie brown (is been a long time since ive seen it) but it just felt more natural and fitting in those movies.

Needed to be like 30-40 minutes shorter

On first viewing was my least favourite Tarantino film, on second it became my favourite

A hell of a lot better than Django, but it did feel too long.

Why didn't Minnie throw Bob out when he showed up in the flashback?

Solid movie, middle tier for Tarantino
Resevoir Dogs>Kill Bill>Inglorious Basterds>Pulp Fiction>Hateful 8>Jackie Brown>Death Proof>Django Unchained

>Jackie not at the top
kys

I feel like I'm the only one that really liked Django. It's got editing problems for sure but otherwise I loved that he made a straightforward pop-movie. It's a lot of fun

I think many consider it watchable but it's just surprising the amount of the critical acclaim it received and it was the biggest box office hit Tarantino made while being one of his weakest entries.

Plus Sally Menke died and her editing made his films stick out

My dad is a complete pleb but loved Django for being an action movie

I think the second half of Kill Bill is one of his better works. Tarantino seems to be utilizing Uma as his feminine, creative side. Sometimes his characters seem less like naturalistic characters and more like slowly-shaved woodcuts.

It's funny that Bill mines silver in Australia, like a wild Phoenician or something. I'd like to see Tarantino make his Australian flick next.

Should he have gotten a livejournal account instead?

There are some good things about it, but the ending was a huge disappointment. The final shootout was meh and Candie's house was obviously a big stupid looking set on a soundstage. That alone was enough to make me write the whole thing off. Definitely not interested in seeing it again.

That's the same reason for me, it has very simple goals and hits them accurately

Thinking on it more, I prefer the way the story develops very natural and linear compared to Kill Bill, IB, and H8. Those films all seem written around set pieces which vary wildly in quality. In Django the hero goes from X to Y to Z. It reduces the amount of masturbatory Tarantino-isms that ruin stretches of all his other films

Not that he actually mined silver, but that's the story she's going with.

I think Django has better cinematography and it's told in a more stable way, but it's simply a revenge fantasy, while Kill Bill has a number of sidelights.

>A break from the intentional claustrophobic atmosphere
Tarantino has no discipline in his filmmaking

No I feel that way too. It feels like the most grounded in the sense of style ajd tone and the plot itself echos Reservoir Dogs a bit which is perhaps his most cohesive film to date. I feel like people who complain about this film expected it to be stuffed with Tarantino memes but got a tense and realistic wild west version of who shot the sheriff.

Tarantula also ascended from regular foot fetishism to crush fetish in volume 2, first the eyeball and then the story about their daughter stepping on a goldfish barefoot

>English (East Midlands): from the Middle English personal name Thurmond, Old Norse þormundr, composed of the elements þórr, name of the Norse god of thunder (see Thor) + mundr ‘protection’. Reaney and Wilson suggest that, Thurmond having been an uncommon personal name, this surname may also represent the commoner name Thurmod, Thormod with the second element derived from Old Norse móþr ‘mind’, ‘courage’, but assimilated to -mund (a common second element in other compound names). German (Thurmann): habitational name for someone from a place called Thur (see Thur). German (Thurmann): occupational name for a watchman, from Middle Low German torn(e)man (torn(e) ‘tower’) or Middle High German turn, turm ‘tower’ + man ‘man’. Respelling of Jewish (from Ukraine) Turman, a nickname from Yiddish turman ‘inconstant man’.

Will Tarantino direct a Thor sequel?